Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anime You Couldn't Finish Watching!
PostPosted: June 21st, 2007, 9:07 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I bet most of you never finished some anime titles for many reasons.I have it too.Here's my list and reasons why:

1.Naruto

Seen episode 1-140 of infinity

It was my favorite anime once,maybe because I was a shounen fan before.After Sasuke retrieval arc,I hope it still followed the manga.But I was wrong.The long cold winter of filler arcs and bringing Naruto to its downfall.In my country,only boys below age 12 actually watched it.The teenagers and adults no longer interested.

Bleach

Seen episode 1-25 of infinity

It really annoys me because I stopped watching this too early.However I thought I made good decision because most of my friends told me this one even worse than Naruto,in term of lenght and plot.After this,I no longer interested in shounen genre anymore.

Shakugan no Shana

Seen episode 1-20 of 24

This one annoys me lot than Bleach because I actually like this anime and I was stopped because my TV broke down.After my TV fixed,it already ends.Unlike most prefessional anime fans,I just watch anime for free.I just buy anime that worth to watch over and over again.Maybe I should check an Veoh or Youtube.

Petite Princess Yuccie

Seen episode 12+ of 26

This one like a speeding steam train an beginning and it draws me although I'm not the targeted audience.It losses its steam when Yucie fell in love with a young man who saved her in childhood.Then I felt the story moves too slow.I added symbol "+" because I'm not really sure where I stopped.I though I just stopped at somewhere near half of the series.

Maybe my opinions was wrong.Please correct me if I wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 12:50 am 

Oh god, what series haven't I finished watching, there have been so many.

Voltron: it's run got cut before the end, then I grew up and realized how teribble of a series it was.

Pokemon: I grew out of it, I still think it's a good series but the utter lack of character developement and something called an ending. Stoped mid second season.

Dragon Ball: I just couldn't get into it, I found it utterly boring. stopped after the thrid season.

Dragon Ball GT: This one was a bore to me and how they would lead up to a fight and build it up so you would expect a DBZ level clash of amazment and unrealisticy then have it boil down to a clash of cheese special moves. Stopped watching after the first ten eps.

Prince of Tenises: Just couldn't get into it, I thought it was slow and boring. And I just don't really like Tenises that much. stoped after 4 eps.

Bobobobo: it is just to weird and immature for me. stoped after 2 eps.

Umm what else I know there have been others.

Oh yes Galaxy Express 999: reason I only managed to watch the last half of the series marathon on sci fi awhile back and can't find it, or I would have baught it lonfg time ago. I was only ten when I watched it but I still remember each of the episodes exactly.

That's the only one's i can think of right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 2:20 am 

Hmm...don't think there is much on my anime list that I couldn't finish watching (still even watch pokemon time to time)....it's mostly cause I didnt have more at the moment and in time forgot about them...so let's see which ones I know I'm not gonna finish...

I did have all of Hakusho...but only saw upto ep 60 maybe...not sure of I stopped earlier...but this one I'm not gonna finish....reason is that seeing how many eps there were...I just didnt feel like watching the rest...so basically laziness...

.Hack....this one I just never enjoyed....everytime I saw a random ep too much talking....

I think thats about it...oh wait...

Inuyasha....I mean every episode is basically the same as the one before...and also cause there are too many seasons (laziness again)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 4:21 am 
Major Contributor

Quite a few.

-Hunter X Hunter. I finished about thirty or episodes.
-Black Lagoon 2nd season. Still need to finish last two episodes.
-One Piece. Saw maybe 150 episodes. I quit sometime ago and have since forgot about it.
-Naruto. I still need to watch most of the filler arc before Shippuuden. Yes it's bad, but its Naruto so I'm obliged to at least watch it through at least once.
-Kiddy Grade. Need to watch the second half of the series.
-Chobits. Never got around to finishing the last two or three episodes. Dunno why, just never did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 9:27 am 

Fresnokila you really should give .Hack/Sign a chance it's a really good series, especially the music which is some of the best I've ever heard anywhere. And i love music. As for the over anime series in the franchise, ummm ahhhh Well I'd skip twilight, not worth the time even if it is only 13 eps long and as for roots I don't know it's still hasn't finished it's run but is getting pretty boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 12:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

Usually I watch everything to the end, so there's only one title which I ended in the middle because it was, you know, been there done that, and that was "Vandread". Girls and boys once again at war with each other with a boy ending up on a ship full of women with the usual stereotypes. I don't mind stereotypes in Anime, but it seemed like a Macross clone to me and the characters didn't really find my liking. The voices were well chosen, but that didn't save the series for me.

I even watched the original "Honey and Clover" to the end, which bored me to tears, so I refused watching the second season, therefore you might say I haven't watched this to the very end as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 4:02 pm 

Yeah Vandread is kindofa cut and copyish anime. It still has a few orginal ideas, like who the bad guys are. It does get intersting though later in the series but it still lacks depth.

I'm going to stop side baring everybody, sorry, my hands move without me thinking about it. Just trying to help, please don't throw things at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 10:20 pm 
Regular

.hack//sign is quite good, but .hack//Legend of the Twilight was a poor, poor sequel that pretty much killed off my love for the setting. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 10:59 pm 
Newcomer

Agent Aika: Naked Missions

And its only one disc with 4 episodes. Panties, but some nice character designs, panties, femmy male villians, panties, nonsense script, panties, dated animation, panties...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 12:42 am 

Hmmm..... most of the stuff I didn't finish watching is because I chose not to. Let me see...

Texhnolyze. Got halfway or so. Just bored me to tears.

CLAMP School Detectives. After stomaching 20 or so episodes, I couldn't finish the rest. Well before I gotten down to it, my HDD crapped out and I decided it wasn't worth trying to get the episodes I haven't watched again.

Shining Tears X Wind. I just decided not to watch this anymore. Pretty T2 artwork does not redeem it at all.

Then theres the never ending stuff like Pokemon or DBZ that I never quite earnestly chased, and besides they were like infinite so I would never have been able to finish watching the lot anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 1:19 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
marqtele wrote:
Agent Aika: Naked Missions

And its only one disc with 4 episodes. Panties, but some nice character designs, panties, femmy male villians, panties, nonsense script, panties, dated animation, panties...............

Hmm, seems to be a lot of panties in there, I fail to see the problem :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 1:30 am 
Major Contributor

I couldn't get into the Samurai 7 anime. I watched volume one....I dunno if I even finished watching that.

I didn't finish ADV's DVD release of the original Robotech series, either. Unlike Samurai 7, I like Robotech. Did when it was airing in 85 anyway. I'm not sure why I didn't finish it; just lazy I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 7:23 pm 

I'm with Acmurphy, I fail to see the problem, how can a series have to many pantie shots? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

As for Samurai 7, the first volume is really really boring but the rest of the series isn't bad. Not as good as Seven Samurai of which it's based but still good. It's worth a watch, if you're in the USA and get IFC channle they're running it right now. I love free anime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 12:43 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
shgarland,

Samurai 7 is slow at the beginning, just like with the movie due to that fact that it is trying to setup each character and who they are, their personality, etc. Things do pick up from there, but overall I was not that impressed with the remake. I mean, it was quite enjoyable up to episode 16 or so, but they seemed to drag it out so long at the end since that is the point it really diverged from the movie. Regardless, you should probably check it out and continue on a little further. After they get the whole group together things do pick up for a while, and overall it is an interesting series. Just wasn't as good as it could or should have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 1:29 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I even watched the original "Honey and Clover" to the end, which bored me to tears, so I refused watching the second season, therefore you might say I haven't watched this to the very end as well.

The second Honey & Clover series is far more serious than the first. The comedy is still there but not nearly to the extent of the first series. Overall, it's of a higher quality and I think you'd probably find it more interesting than the first (yes I loved the first series, but the second series was even more charming)