Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2011, 5:16 pm 

Ong-Bak is great....part 2 and 3...so-so
But its the actor with this real life stunts that makes it so great...also enjoyed The Protector which has the same star..

Saw Repo Man again ha...wanted a friend to watch it....and also saw Piranha which was entertaining with its blood and nudity...but would have wanted to see it in 3-D :whistle:
Umm lets see what else...oh saw Devil which had its moments...but I consider it a bad movie overall... :d-_-b:

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2011, 6:24 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Piranha which was entertaining with its blood and nudity...but would have wanted to see it in 3-D :whistle:

Good luck with that. I think they're trying to piss us off on purpose in the 3D department. You can buy a 3D movie on Blu Ray but the 3D glasses don't come included. :blink: I asked just about every Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Borders and K-Mart in my town and none of them had the 3D glasses. Unbelievable! :wtf: The only good tip from a Wal Mart employee was to check the Sony Store and it looks like they might be the ONLY ones with the equipment available. :roll:

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2011, 8:39 pm 
Post Master

G-Core wrote:
Good luck with that. I think they're trying to piss us off on purpose in the 3D department. You can buy a 3D movie on Blu Ray but the 3D glasses don't come included. :blink: I asked just about every Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Borders and K-Mart in my town and none of them had the 3D glasses. Unbelievable! :wtf: The only good tip from a Wal Mart employee was to check the Sony Store and it looks like they might be the ONLY ones with the equipment available. :roll:

3D isn't based around the red/blue cardboard glasses anymore. You need both a 3DTV (expensive) and buy the 3D glasses (also expensive) separate. Including glasses with every movie isn't viable.

I ofcourse will never waste an extra $1000 on a TV just for the headache-inducing 3D-enabled bullshit. It's a dumb gimmick that I'm tired of people talking about. It's like the motion controls of the movie world.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 11:58 am 

G-Core wrote:

Ha he's right..those are for 3-D Blu-Players and 3-D TV's which bring the glasses...I don't mind 3-D...when done right its cool and looks a bit more defined sometimes...but I'll wait for the TV's which use no glasses like the 3DS...hell those TV's are already around just not for sell =_=
Another good thing of 3-D TV's is that normal HD TV's are going down in prices real fast :)

PostPosted: January 25th, 2011, 4:49 pm 
Major Contributor

Brushing aside the 3D politricks, i decided to get my 2D DVD Piranha (2010) fix. The movie is a fun ride of blood, nudity, and precautionary measures. The entourage of old school actors like Elisabeth Shue, Ving Rhames, Christopher Lloyd, and Richard Dreyfuss meshes well with the new talent. I should give the movie some credit in making the jerk characters very unlikeable since i couldn't wait for Jerry O'Connell's character to get exactly what he deserved. The movie definitely ends on a cliffhanger note to guarantee a franchise and it's looking like it's gonna work out well.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 7:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Last night, i managed to watch Cannibal Ferox (1981) through the internet downloading means of view. Keeping in mind that i had already seen Cannibal Holocaust a long time before this, it's rather fair to say that Ferox is more or less similar to Holocaust but without being too preachy about the social satire and not using the POV camera style that became very popular over 20 years later.

The gore effects are up to par with what was good at the time, meaning you shouldn't eat while watching unless you wish to ruin your bathroom toilet with buckets of puke. On that note, i did watch the film while eating but since it was Tostitos, the tortilla chip snack food, either it would've taken something stronger or i'm really becoming desensitized after so much experience watching horror. I didn't feel any uneasy gurgling in my stomach as i watched the people being eaten and tortured, though i do have to note that the animal killings are unnecessary no matter what circumstances. They are as real and authentic here as they were in Holocaust.

In the case of the main characters, the male good guy was my favorite and aside from the druggie bastard character's injured friend, was the only one i was really rooting to hopefully survive in the end. The dumb blonde always is annoying by falling for the bad guy so easily and always gets a deserving outcome, same with the bad man. The sister of the good male character who is out there trying to disprove cannibalism was very tough to feel sympathy for although there are some moments where she doesn't unnerve one with her academic crap. As for whether she proves or disproves if cannibalism is alive and in practice today, let's just say she puts it on record in a way that the civilized world doesn't have to worry about it and feel safe going to bed at night.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 7:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Throughout yesterday and today, i pulled some double duty as i watched Platoon for the first time and saw the extended cut of Paranormal Activity 2.

It seemed a bit fitting that i only saw the first half hour of Platoon last night before going to sleep since it encompassed everybody more or less getting along seeing as how from that moment on, things would only get worse. The psychological impact the Vietnam War has on the soldiers is suprising in some respects and the way perfectly sane people go into local Vietnamese villages as soldiers turning to their barbaric natures against unarmed civilians definitely made it all much too real. Abuse and war go side by side no matter what time period and the journey of Charlie Sheen's character starting out as a daisy fresh rookie to coming out of it a man torn by what is right and wrong during a war and knowing that everything he did, all the good friends he made that died as well as the real enemy being within the soldiers themselves makes it very easy to sympathize with the fact that he has to live with all that knowledge for the rest of his life.

As for the extended version of PA2, i think i dug it more than the theatrical cut. I believe the scenes that didn't make the cinema if i recall correctly are as follows:

- Several shots of Ali documenting herself talking about the spooky things going on.
- A scene where a pot sets itself on fire and the smoke detector rings which has Daniel going downstairs and as he takes the burning pot and throws it in the pool, he catches Ali and Brad in the jacuzzi and yells at Brad to get out. The fact that they were cuddling in the jacuzzi way past midnight when the scene happens makes it somewhat more humorous.
- Another pool scene where Daniel goes for a dip and when he goes to jump on the jacuzzi, he immediately gets out due to the temperature somehow being boiling hot. Once inside, he gets some ice from the freezer to cool himself down as he asks Ali whether she messed around with the temperature meter.
- The scene where Daniel strikes Kristi with the cross and the camera is on the floor with the night vision activated and the house is rumbling looks less ridiculous or maybe it's just me. When i saw it in the theatrical version, it somehow looks very fake probably due to messing around with the velocity on the camera during post production or something...

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 7:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
watched Platoon for the first time

I found Platoon somewhat lackluster although the story has great potential.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Major Contributor

Last night, i watched the Bruce Lee film The Big Boss. Rather than suffer through the suckage of bad English dubbing, i opted to go through it with the Cantonese track. The plot is rather simplistic but seeing Bruce in action against the thugs and the boss himself made up for it.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 6:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
i opted to go through it with the Cantonese track. The plot is rather simplistic but seeing Bruce in action against the thugs and the boss himself made up for it.

How about subtitles in Spanish or English?

PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 6:39 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
i opted to go through it with the Cantonese track. The plot is rather simplistic but seeing Bruce in action against the thugs and the boss himself made up for it.

How about subtitles in Spanish or English?

English, which is the same way i viewed Fist of Fury today with the Cantonese audio track and English subtitles. I found this one slightly better than Big Boss since it was shot more beautifully which can be attributed to possibly having a higher budget than the previous. Bruce Lee's action marvels are not overlooked, he takes on as many as 20 thugs at a time and delivers punch after punch of amazing martial arts. The introduction of the nunchucks was also a token of fortune that gave the fights more elegance and power and the story this time while it was also a simple plot, the execution of the events told is handled in a manner which kept the attention level fully at bay.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2011, 5:33 pm 
Major Contributor

Today's dip into the Bruce Lee mythos was the viewing of Way of the Dragon. Directed by the man himself, i would consider it the best since Bruce was pretty much free to do as he pleased with the film now that he was put in charge of not only helming it but writing the script, producing and choreographing his own action sequences.

The plot is even more interesting because it's less of a traditional Chinese action flick with the localization of Rome and the flow of things. Bruce definitely had his own unique brand of humor which was shown effectively and his own character is more believable and sympathetic when one takes into consideration that he starts out as the country bumpkin who impresses the skeptic masses with his skill and saves the restaurant from closing. One particular plot twist concerning one character near the end was something i did not see coming, M. Night should take notes. :P2: And as for the famous Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris fight, it didn't disappoint.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 12:46 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Just got done watching Hobo With a Shotgun(2011). Yes, this is one of the fake trailers from Grindhouse that actually got its own movie. The title is brutally honest and it's brutally violent as well. Not a terribly smart film, but damn it's so much fun and a great homage to exploitation films. Also, Robb Wells (Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys) makes a small appearance in it, which makes this one of the best films to come out of Canada!

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 1:54 am 
Post Master

Watched the live-action Thor recently, and it was better than I expected. The armor and the designs of the armor were a bit cheap but the rest was as good as it could've been I guess.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 2:09 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:
Watched the live-action Thor recently, and it was better than I expected. The armor and the designs of the armor were a bit cheap but the rest was as good as it could've been I guess.

I thought it was good movie as well. It's pretty much in the same quality as the Iron Man movies, but I'm more interested in how the upcoming Avengers movie will turn out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next