Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 1:44 am 
Major Contributor

I haven't had a chance to play 12 yet either. But then, I'm more focused on getting through the league on Pokemon Pearl version than anything FF-related at the moment anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 1:39 pm 
Lurker

the licenses system is annoying, but otherwise i liked this one too! :P and it looks so purrrty! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 5:10 am 

I had to decide between Tales of the Abyss and this. I chose Abyss after an hour with each.

FFXII didn't capture my attention, I felt totally lost with in the city and I didn't like the gameplay. And gameplay wise, every character was the same. Thats just boring. Its like FFVII's crap Materia system again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 5:52 am 

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I had to decide between Tales of the Abyss and this. I chose Abyss after an hour with each.

FFXII didn't capture my attention, I felt totally lost with in the city and I didn't like the gameplay. And gameplay wise, every character was the same. Thats just boring. Its like FFVII's crap Materia system again.

I played FFXII up to the part before the final dungeon, then tried Tales of the Abyss and played it to the end. Never looked back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 12:28 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Storm_Shinobi,

I see what you mean with the materia stuff, you basically had 3 of the same characters playing on your team, since the only real thing they had different were their limits.

Tales of the Abyss was a very fun game, especially since I got to play it with my friend since it's two player :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 7:03 pm 

Storm_Shinobi wrote:

The materia and sphere grid systems were the best in any FF game... the draw system was crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 10:30 pm 
Regular

Man... I spent soooo many hours levelling up my Materia... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 1:09 am 
Resident Admin

Zaxares wrote:
Man... I spent soooo many hours levelling up my Materia... :shock:

Man, I spent so many hours trying to get a frickin Chocobo that could actually do something. Ya, that didn't EVER happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 5:32 am 
Regular

You mean a Gold Chocobo? I GOT ONE! :P

And I named it Aeris. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 11:21 am 
Resident Admin

I mean any color that could do something special. I don't remember the colors, but I could never get one other than just a regular Chocobo. Which meant I was never able to get Knights of the Round, which made me sad :cry:

lol, nice name for a Chocobo :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2007, 9:55 pm 
Regular

Heh, I saved before I made the final breeding and kept reloading until I got a female Gold Chocobo. :oops:

I had help from a detailed walkthrough about how to breed Chocobos, however. I'd never have found out how to get them on my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2007, 9:05 am 

Finished it.

It finally started to make sense at the VERY, VERY end. Unfortunately, whatever development Vayne got near the end was infinitesimal compared to whatever development every main character combined got throughout the whole game. That was the most god-awful Final Fantasy story ever. EVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2007, 2:53 am 
Resident Admin

Well, I have recently started playing FF12, in spite of this topic in which everyone pretty much agrees that FF12 sucks. So far, it is true that all the characters are basically the same, you just make them however you want via the grid system, or whatever it is called. The fighting is pretty much just like turn based except you can run around, and you can't really avoid attacks by running so it is rather useless, but sometimes it is helpful. It is nice that you don't have the load times in and out of the fight screens though. Other than the fact that I pretty much hate the main character, ya lets fight with this 17 year old and his little girl friend, woot... It is rather, completely ridiculous. But anyway, I haven't really had a problem with the story so far, it isn't anything vastly new, but we will see where it goes from here.

On a side note, can anyone tell me why Vaan looks so damn odd? In game, he looks like he has an inside out muscle suit on. He has these crazy gray colored abs. And his face looks like he is a cross between a man and a goat. Idk, he just looks insane to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 9:22 am 

I found it fun at the beginning with just Vaan, but the battle system gets out of hand when you have a full party and you're fighting lots of enemies. At that point, it becomes solely tedious. Have you fought flying monsters yet?

To go along with the Arabian theme they bastardized in XII, I thought Vaan was like Aladdin, except gayer. Maybe I would've liked him more if he actually did anything of note the whole game. Instead, he was everybody's boy.

FFXII is pretentious. From a technical perspective, it was excellent, but it didn't really have any sense of direction or purpose. To give you an idea of the creative process they used in XII: The creative crew toured the world to get inspiration for the content to include into their game. They decided to use the Arabian theme because nobody else used it as the central venue of a game (true!). Thusly, by mixing the Arabian theme with Moogles and like, Dalmasca was born. They thought the New York skyline was cool too, so they decided to make that Arcadia.

To me, it seems more like they thought of something cool and tried to make it work with things they saw in that tour. XII totally ruined Ivalice for me. I could stand Tactics Advance, with the "world inside a book" scheme, but XII destroyed the Ivalice FFT and Vagrant Story created.

PS. This is true. I've read it somewhere, I'm just too lazy to find the article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 11:15 pm 

After not playing or having anything to do with FFXII for awhile I think I finally figure out what braught done the game. 1.) Lame fights, again when you have to give the end boss immunity from all my attacks so I don't beat it in five minute you got problems. 2.) too much walking. You spend 90%, well okay maybe 70% of the game just walking threw all be it beautifully render world it is sytill just walking around. 3.) There really was no main character to get latched on to. They tried to do it with Vann but he really did nothing. Hell Tidus in X did more and he really did nothing. Which of course leads to 4. 4th.) and probably the biggest problem was the lack of character developement and plot holes. Like how did Fran and Bartello meet, same with Vann and Panello. Or relationship developemnt between the characters and so on. Really what it boils down to was a 40+ hour level up sprea with maybe 5 hours of actual story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next