Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 2:51 pm 
Major Contributor

Been having my fair share of wins and losses on the racing experiences that Burnout Paradise has to offer. Also have added a livid amount of new cars to my garage.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2010, 12:06 am 
Post Master

Played 2 hours of Starfox Adventures and never want to play it again. The premise is retarded, and it's a fucking poor Zelda clone, straight down to every mechanic and even weird shit like the ceremony that happens when you get a new item for the first time. Never thought Rareware could be behind such a piece of trash.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 12:30 am 
Post Master

After the disappointment of Starfox Adventures and my recent discovery of ZREO (their version of the Spirit Temple music is fucking amazing), I've been craving some Zelda, so I decided to finally start investing all of my time into Twilight Princess. That game is pretty awesome, I think I'm half way through at this point. They get the atmosphere down perfectly with the styled characters and crazy effects in the twilight. The wolf parts can get tedious but Midna's wolf domination gets me hot, so it balances out. I'm disappointed by the complete lack of awesome side quests that were present in OOT (BigGoron Sword is a beast) and especially Majora's Mask. Basically, Twilight Princess doesn't live up to my expectations but it's pretty awesome anyway. Anything is better than Wind Waker... that game was boring as shit.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 11:37 am 

Mmsven wrote:
Played 2 hours of Starfox Adventures and never want to play it again. The premise is retarded, and it's a fucking poor Zelda clone, straight down to every mechanic and even weird shit like the ceremony that happens when you get a new item for the first time. Never thought Rareware could be behind such a piece of trash.

Ha Rare has been dead since long...nothing good comes out from them anymore...StarFox Adventures wasn't awful...but it doesn't feel StarFox..I'd say they were going downhill from than...

And I enjoyed Twlight Princess too....I just hated the wolf parts (almost to the point I felt like not playing anymore) but...when you reach the point you can transform at your own will..everything changes...from that point on I loved the game :d^_^b:

PostPosted: December 28th, 2010, 6:53 pm 
Major Contributor

I bought today and started playing Crackdown 2 on the XBOX 360. I loved the first game and despite doubts about whether the sequel would be worth it, i've been having a great time looking for agility orbs and shooting down the enemy. I must admit the Freaks give it a bit of a cliched zombie filled city angle that's been sort of done to death with all the movies and games that deal with that. But it's been a definite journey of discovery in regard to fighting the Freaks, varying a lot between the hand to hand combat and the special anti-Freak weaponry.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:48 pm 
Post Master

Finally finished Twilight Princess after 40 hours. Game is fucking long, I started getting bored around the half way mark, once the sense of discovery started getting lost. Also, the final boss battle fucking sucked. The first few stages are a simple puzzle of figuring out how to damage your opponent. Then the sword fight... keep doing the back slice and you win easily. I found the armored knights more challenging.

Also still playing Starcraft 2 for 4 hours a day. I need to keep it up if I want to stay in my diamond leagues. Crushing people with superior tactics and optimized efficiency never gets old.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:56 pm 
Major Contributor

I finally took care of the first Beacon mission on Crackdown 2 and cleaned up the Freak Lair where the key to success is only fire on the tagged targets aka the ones who wanna take the Beacon down.

On another note, after 16 years of possessing Ridge Racer and kickin ass on the normal courses while failing miserably on the Extra races, i'm proud to say i finally managed to finish the Beginner Extra race in 1st place and that means i passed the finish line without running out of time. It was through changing tactic on one of the final turns that brought about that freak luck incident which i don't know if it'll happen again but at least i got the chance to do good on that regard.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 9:50 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Finally finished Twilight Princess after 40 hours. Game is fucking long, I started getting bored around the half way mark, once the sense of discovery started getting lost. Also, the final boss battle fucking sucked. The first few stages are a simple puzzle of figuring out how to damage your opponent. Then the sword fight... keep doing the back slice and you win easily. I found the armored knights more challenging.

Try the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess...it's in Gerudo Desert and its 50 floors of challenges!

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 9:21 pm 
Major Contributor

Still working through Crackdown 2, collecting more Agility Orbs and i managed to secure a second Beacon on a Freak Lair.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2011, 1:58 am 
Post Master

Played Kameo which was great. The fantasy design looks fantastic and all of the different creatures you can shapeshift into gives a lot of variety in the mechanics. The goofy fantasy war is pretty awesome too, I like just slapping guys around or killing everyone so I'm the only one victorious.

Since I've been on a Rareware spree I also decided to play Perfect Dark Zero for as long as I could stand it, which wasn't very long. That game is a fucking abomination. Aside from my general distaste in console shooter controls, the characters look like fucking garbage, the voice acting is fucking atrociously anus, the music is a mix of bad heavy metal and record scratches, there's no checkpoints in the long ass brittle levels, and other small elements that make it feel like an anal raping to me. It seems like they put their good team on Kameo and gave this game to a bunch of rejects.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 10:06 pm 
Major Contributor

Was playing GTA: Vice City Stories on PSP a couple of days ago and reconfirmed why i sucked at it. With the way the controls on the PSP work, i'm a lousy shot as well as a lousy switcher of the no weapon/yes weapon option that needs to come in handy and quickly during a mission. Don't even get me started on my driving skills.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 11:16 am 

Ha went to my dad's house to see what games I have lent to my bro.....he had like 20+ GC games of mine..some I wasn even looking for during these days like Ikaruga...Killer 7 and RE:Code Veronica (the only RE game I still haven't played for a lack of memory card...but bought one)

So now replaying some of those old games..I started with Ikaruga..seems hard for me now...I was so used to its mechanics but now it feels new..
Zelda:Twilight Princess it feels new too since I have no save memory now and also playing it with the progressive scan...which Burnout 2 also seems to have....didn't realize this since its such an old game :sweat:

I also started Resident Evil (the GC remake) again too...so many good memories...I remember I played this game so much I finished it in less than 3 hours and in invisible mode (every enemy is invisible)..I would go into a room and already know where a monster was standing (hey back than it was one of my first GC games) :sweat:

Now for the Wii I'm playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories which I have to say is a great creepy game...I mean the moment everything freezes and distorts (not rust like the original) you quickly start running since you can't battle enemies here..just run or hide...
Whats better is how situations change depending on your actions during intermissions (every now and than you're suddenly in a room with a umm psychiatrist who talks to you and gives you tests)...
My friend also played the game and at the beginning instead of talking to a cop in a diner like me..he got an old waitress in a bar instead...which I think is nice...knowing how everything can change means it has re-playability...and different endings..

And last but not least..also got NBA Jam on the Wii..was fun for a while but this needs to be played with friends..solo is just blah...

PostPosted: March 28th, 2011, 6:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Played a bit of Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War a couple of days ago. Amazing how not only the graphics are still very good for a PS2 game but also how this time around, my dedication was more geared towards accomplishing the missions. Not to say the plot isn't good but it's more or less the same thing in terms of finding out about the war tearing apart two countries from the point of view of either an anonymous survivor or reporter. Been that way since AC4 so it's not so suprising anymore.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2011, 5:11 pm 
Major Contributor

I love/hate Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) so much that it's clearly been luck and having to see walkthroughs of every single level to even pass them with flying colors. After much lack of experience on the snowboard, i finally completed White Acropolis on the Sonic episode but i'm having a hard time passing Crisis City. Those skid ramps are tricky contraptions that i have often fallen trying to operate from one ramp to another and the tornado phase sucks me clean out of the running. Practice makes perfect so i'll keep at it until i get it but the continuous slipping ain't boosting morale.

UPDATE: After good performances on the first three segments of Crisis City, i managed to get past the tornado in the end by the skin of my teeth since my coins kept getting knocked away from me. As usual, i'm gonna need to see a walkthrough and perfect my technique if i ever manage to beat Flame Core.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2011, 9:20 pm 
Major Contributor

After several attempts, i completed the Sonic take of Flame Core and where i've left off is where i'm to fight Iblis. Seems i'm gonna need to see a walkthrough for every single level of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) since i'm clueless in this boss battle as well.

On another note, playing Crackdown today was rewarding since i managed to not only defeat the last Volk boss but take out the Volk remnants. Now the only gang left to crack down upon is Shai Gen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next