Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 20th, 2017, 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy New Year!!
PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 1:40 pm 

It's that time of the year again, 2010 held many great things for me but there were also some great losses, I hope that the upcoming 2011 will be one with many new beginnings and great experiences.

To everyone here: have a Safe and Happy New year!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Now let's hear some New Year Resolutions:

Here are mine:
-I'm completely quitting procrastination!
-I'll try to invest less time doing nothing and will try to use that time for some recreation: more exercise, watch more anime series.
-I'm going to eat healthier from now on. I'm seriously need to increase my vegetable uptake.
-Sleep more.
-Save money for 2012, I'm going to London on an exchange program during my internship for 3 months, I know it's expensive there and I really want to visit some cool places while I stay there, so I'll need money.

----------------------------------------------------------
Favorite Anime Series I watched this year: I didn't watch many, but I really liked Gankutsuou (I know it's not from 2010), thanks to Msven for getting me interested in the series.

Favorite Manga of the year: One Piece, if only Berserk had more releases it would be different.
I'll also share my favorite AMV of the year, I don't watch many but I really liked this one, yes it is also from One Piece, if you read between the lines I'm basically pointing out that One Piece is awesome and you should all read the manga. The anime is ok, but there are some many episodes right now that it would be a waste of time trying to catch up, besides the animation quality is not so good. Ok now that the shameless OP promotion is over here is the amv:

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year!!
PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 1:12 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
It's that time of the year again, 2010 held many great things for me but there were also some great losses, I hope that the upcoming 2011 will be one with many new beginnings and great experiences.

We could all use a good year indeed. I wish you all the best, all of you here.

wolfwood wrote:
Now let's hear some New Year Resolutions:

I'm not used to making any resolutions. My target for this year is finding a job that doesn't suck and being able to pay for food and rent. I might get married but the designated missus is somewhat sceptical since we can live together in love and at least some happiness even if we do not sign that certain piece of paper.

wolfwood wrote:
-I'm completely quitting procrastination!

Oh, please tell us frequently how you're doing.

wolfwood wrote:
-I'll try to invest less time doing nothing and will try to use that time for some recreation: more exercise, watch more anime series.

How do you do nothing? Lie on the couch, stare at the ceiling? :P2:
Maybe it's because I have a different cultural background, but from my point of view watching Anime is doing nothing. If you work out, if you spend time with your loved one(s), if you read informative books and articles you're doing something productive or constructive. Watching Anime is recreational but there's nothing coming out of it except for a deal of relaxation - which is of course important.
So I'm not saying you should not watch Anime because it keeps you from making progress in life or anything (we need to rest at times, too!), I'm just curious about your choice of words.

wolfwood wrote:
-Save money for 2012, I'm going to London on an exchange program during my internship for 3 months, I know it's expensive there and I really want to visit some cool places while I stay there, so I'll need money.

Any chance for a scholarship or do you have to pay everything yourself?
(Just after tuition fees are about to skyrocket in the UK.)

wolfwood wrote:
Favorite Anime Series I watched this year

Difficult... I have not yet finished Dirty Pair, so what would it be for me?
Spontaneously I'd say Bakemonogatari. Coming up with anything else demands more detailed research of sorts. :sweat:

PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 1:44 pm 
Major Contributor

Happy New Year 2011!!! :d^_^b:

My resolutions for the most part would be:

- Making better decisions in regards to how to spend the money i make.
- Appreciate my family a lot more.
- Stay out of trouble which makes me defensive and anxious.
- Hang out a lot more at the ice rink which was a fun experience i wish to turn into a hobby.
- Go to the beach more often which hasn't happened in a long time and enjoy the passion of swimming.

Other than that, hopefully my future will be brighter this year.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 3:09 am 

Happy New Year Everyone! :D

Key 2010 Achievements
-Released a videogame for the iPhone! :d^_^b: ...It bombed... :cry:
-Coached my son's soccer team to 3rd place in a 13 team league in my first year!
-Got a new job with good pay :d^_^b: ...but a lot of travel with less time for family and fun... :sigh:
-Bought a motorcycle 8) ...crashed it and bruised a rib in the SoCal rain the same day I received the license plate... :oops: :sweat:

Resolutions:
-Make more time for anime, manga, or at least participate more on Animetric so I can know what I'm missing!
-Now that I have income again, get back to saving and investing
-Fix the bent handlebars on my motorcycle and get back to riding
-Get serious about rehabing my ribs and work out again (instead of using the soreness excuse to skip).
-Help my daughters get passionate about something in school so they actually want to get better and find a direction heading towards college (not that I found direction until my senior year in college... :sweat: )

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011!

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 3:00 am 

42317 wrote:
I might get married but the designated missus is somewhat sceptical since we can live together in love and at least some happiness even if we do not sign that certain piece of paper.
That's true.

Quote:
How do you do nothing? Lie on the couch, stare at the ceiling?
Exactly, I sometimes find myself wasting free time doing things like those. I already spend enough time studying and doing other college related things. I really don't watch any TV and rarely get to watch any movies, I need to do other things to relief some stress.

Quote:
So I'm not saying you should not watch Anime because it keeps you from making progress in life or anything (we need to rest at times, too!), I'm just curious about your choice of words.
Haha, I understand what you are saying, but don't worry my goal would be to be able to watch an episode weekly of one of the current anime series being broadcasted, that's a healthy amount of time for me. I'm not planning on watching full series in one sit, or just a couple of days.

Quote:
Any chance for a scholarship or do you have to pay everything yourself?
Yes, I actually got a scholarship, I wouldn't want to pay for the tuition myself. I know it's really expensive.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 1:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone!

Good to see you back.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Coached my son's soccer team to 3rd place in a 13 team league in my first year!

Congratulations!

PunkDaddy wrote:
Got a new job with good pay :d^_^b: ...but a lot of travel with less time for family and fun... :sigh:

Lucky you. What is it that you do, if I may ask?

PunkDaddy wrote:
Bought a motorcycle 8) ...crashed it and bruised a rib in the SoCal rain the same day I received the license plate...

I heard such stories from several people already, all of which either had just gotten their license or had not ridden their bike for quite a while. Underestimated acceleration or overestimated grip. Luckily none of them was seriously hurt...

PunkDaddy wrote:
Help my daughters get passionate about something in school

That's the most diffiult resolution I have ever heard about. :P2:

wolfwood wrote:
Quote:
How do you do nothing? Lie on the couch, stare at the ceiling?
Exactly, I sometimes find myself wasting free time doing things like those.

I'd be so bored... I just wish I could direct my pastime in a narower direction. I want to do so many things that I couldn't do during the final university phase that I end up doing everything a little, which is, as you might expect, not exactly satisfying in the long run.

wolfwood wrote:
Yes, I actually got a scholarship, I wouldn't want to pay for the tuition myself.

But you still need additional money?

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 2:18 pm 

42317 wrote:
Yes for food, shelter and to buy other stuff during my stay there! I've never been to England (or Europe) so there are a few places I'd like to visit.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 9:45 pm 
Post Master

Here are the things written in my to-do list:
-Get a job
-Get a haircut

Exciting.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Major Contributor

A bit late to list more resolutions, i think, but wanting to improve myself will require these disciplines:

- Be more patient. *Impatience is my biggest weakness, therefore working on that inner strength would be a proud accomplishment.*
- No more double/triple/quadruple posting on this board. *It's practically a rule and the fact that i've broken it time and time again without punishment is a miracle. Also, this unhonorable practice makes me seem desperate in my opinion.*

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 6:54 pm 
Post Master

G-Core wrote:
- No more double/triple/quadruple posting on this board. *It's practically a rule and the fact that i've broken it time and time again without punishment is a miracle. Also, this unhonorable practice makes me seem desperate in my opinion.*

If there's a day between posts then there's nothing wrong with it. Whether someone posts in between your posts doesn't matter. There would be no indication of change on the board if you just edited everything.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 5:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
42317 wrote:
Yes for food, shelter and to buy other stuff during my stay there! I've never been to England (or Europe) so there are a few places I'd like to visit.

Well, Ryan Air is inexpensive. You can always visit me and stay for free. Meal included. :P2:

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 11:47 pm 

42317 wrote:
Well, Ryan Air is inexpensive. You can always visit me and stay for free. Meal included. :P2:
Haha, Thanks, I will consider your offer then.