Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 anime lineup
PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 10:21 am 

I found this while browsing the net:

Anime Lineup for Spring 2011:
Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anime Lineup for Winter 2011:
Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also the new Berserk animation, they are planning to narrate the whole story, it will first start with a movie (which is coming this year), followed by more (might be an animated series, or perhaps serial OVAs).
The movie apparently will cover the Golden Age arc. This is pretty exciting, Berserk plus a high budget animation simply is going to be kickass.

From the Spring lineup there a few rather interesting series including:
- [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility control.
- Steins Gate.
- Appleseed XIII.

Winter will bring Supernatural, which is the one series I'll be waiting for.

Post subject: Re: 2011 anime lineup
PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 12:30 am 
Lurker

I'm hoping beyond hope for the next Full Metal Panic! series. :P2:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 12:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

Spring 2011: Judging from the short descriptions...

Danball Senki: Game Anime has rarely shown any qualities.
Moshidora: That sounds interesting although I have no clue about baseball.
Kämpfer für die Liebe: Back into your cage, Bonzo!
Toriko: Truely East-Asian thinking. Exotic food is good because it is exotic. *flush*
Tiger & Bunny: Advertainment!? Too bad the description doesn't mention what it's actually about!
Oretachi: Sounds totally superficial. The "Five episodes or die" rule applies.
Nichijô: I like wackiness, and I like that kind of design. I'll give it a try.
Gintama: Doesn't spark my interest.
Shôwa Monogatari: Recent-historic topic counting on its "natsukashii" factor. But I like slice-of-life so trying it out won't hurt me.
The World God only knows: What!? Next...
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi: Shônen-Ai is not my cup of tea, although I do realize that there are good Shônen-Ai series out there.
Ringu ni kakero: It might be interesting to see how they depict the foreigners, my special interest of course being the German team, but generally I couldn't care less about this title.
Ao no Exorcist: The son of Satan, right... next...
Denpa Onna: What's the point?
Deadman Wonderland: A dystopian jail, conspiracy, and little girls? That plot was probably conceived on a long evening in the pub.
The Money of Soul and Possibility Control: Also no information given, but the title alone sounds somewhat compelling.
A Channel: Haha, girl-slice-of-life, I'm on!
Hoshizora: Misunderstandings and complications of love life... seen enough of that.
30-sai no Hôken Taiiku: Oh good Lord, please let this cup pass from me.
Tono to issho: Never heard of that, but since it includes the Sengoku Era it might be interesting.
Sket Dance: Sounds good enough to have a look at imho.
YûGiOh: No comment needed... next...
Hidan no Aria: Kids with guns... next...
Hana-saku Iroha: Sounds like coming-of-age and slice-of-life combined... why not.
Steins;Gate: They use microwaves to send messages to the past... next...
Lotte no Omocha: A semen-seeking succubus looking like right out of PaniPoni Dash... I'm curious.
MariaXHolic: I'm not curious.
Hyôgemono: Seemingly something that has more emphasis on culture than on action and characters. Could be interesting.
Appleseed XIII: A new retelling. Does Shirow need money so desperately? How much Appleseed do we actually need?
X-Men: No question, I've never liked this kind of superhero much.

Since the OVAs and specials have no description and I don't feel a bit like researching all of the titles I had to judge from the information given and there's only one title that immediately made me check it out:
Koe de o-Shigoto: About a young Seiyû of Ero-games - how could I say No?

I'll deal with Winter 2011 Anime once the time has come.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 4:34 pm 

Actually winter 2011 is the current season. Spring 2011 is the next. Winter hasn't quite ended yet from last year and cuts into January and stuff so yeah.

Currently watching:

Kimi ni Todoke season 2. Diabetes level sweet shoujo anime, I watched the first season and my insulin is ready for the next.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Its SHAFT, an anime original and so far.... seems interesting and completely unorthodox but I'm still kinda lukewarm about it. Will see how it develops.

Gosick. Light novel adaptation, mystery anime. Cute gothic lolita involved. Otherwise well seems interesting, same lukewarm reaction.

I checked out the first episode of Beelzebub and wasn't really impressed.

Level E hasn't aired yet but I will be giving it a check.

As for Spring 2011, I'll be checking out:

Steins;Gate. Its a anime adaptation of a game based in the same universe as Chaos;Head of which I kinda enjoyed. I also like the artist who worked on the game so whatever. Nitroplus brainfuck writing. Production values also seem pretty decent so its not some cheap cash in.

Maria+Holic:Alive AKA season 2. Because I watched season 1. And its pretty lol.

Toriko. Seriously. Lol. This would be awesome. Will at least check it out anyway.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Who cares what it is about. Its SHAFT and I'll give it a look.

Hana-Saku Iroha. Slice of life with cute girls, perfect for those stoned afternoons.

The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Stuff on the Noitamina slot are generally worth a check out.

As for Koe de Oshigoto.... well steel your brain for the proportions of just how wrong something can get. Hilariously wrong. I was reading the manga before that and it was already pretty damn wrong, but the anime sorta just takes it further.

So are we gonna be discussing anime as we watch it one episode a week? Doing so will bring a heck lot more activity to the board!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 8:44 pm 
Post Master

Lots of this stuff sounds like the dumb shit I'd expect. I'll wait for them all to be licensed and rated before I consider wasting my time trying them.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 7:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Actually winter 2011 is the current season.

Really? Well, they could make that clearer by referring to the season as, like, "Winter 2010/2011".

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
So are we gonna be discussing anime as we watch it one episode a week? Doing so will bring a heck lot more activity to the board!

You know how the "Anime of the Month" attempt failed. I like the idea in general, but I lack... what is it? I think personally I lack the impetus to watch a series episode by episode. I like getting through with 26 episodes in a week or so. Doing something like that would be interesting for me, but you guys have your own rhythms in Anime consumption and life so it might be somewhat hard to pull through.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 11:05 pm 

While it can be a pain to wait for episodes on a weekly basis, I do like the discussions that come with it. When you've watched an entire series, you can kinda just say your piece and have a short discussion and then it kinda just stops short. Weekly its kinda like, yay speculate about what happens next, bash this week's episode or praise it and talk about highlights all on an episodic basis.

These days I just watch the newest stuff on a weekly basis as they roll out. I used to think it would be kinda bleh waiting so long for an episode, but the release schedules are kinda different so I get to watch certain episodes on certain days of the week which mixes things up. I guess I kinda warmed up to the whole weekly business after watching one particular anime sequel I couldn't wait to be completely released, then I started watching other shows that way and before I knew it, that was how I watch most my shows. I still do the whole older stuff all in a week kinda thing sometimes but a lot less than I used to.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 7:39 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Weekly its kinda like, yay speculate about what happens next, bash this week's episode or praise it and talk about highlights all on an episodic basis.

I must really be into a series to start something like that on my own, you know, the "excellent" and "masterpiece" league. :| Unless something really excites me or touches me in one way or another I use to keep quiet until I have fully formed an opinion.

But I'm willing to try. Give me the start date of a series and I'll do what I can to keep the schedule and discuss it with you and anyone else who's willing to accompany us.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I used to think it would be kinda bleh

Adjective of the week! :lol:

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 10:43 am 

Most of the winter lineup have more or less aired into their first episode. Not too sure about the schedule since I kinda check every day of the week and absentmindedly watch whatever is out that I want to watch, and not care if nothing is out.

Anyway I just picked up Hourou Musuko or Wandering Boy and was pleasantly surprised. Not too much is revealed in episode one but the general premise is one very gender confused boy that has just entered middle school. Along for the ride is the opposite of him. A boy who wants to be a girl, a girl who wants to be a boy. Normally in anime, you'd think that this would be a setup for the usual sort of nonsensical gag comedy. But like crap, they are taking it seriously. And suddenly bam, a serious drama about gender confused 13 year olds? Like its pretty serious business with the topic at hand and the ages of the kids involved. It is a manga adaptation and I heard that the anime plunges you like a good 30 chapters in, but I found it to be a decent start and they probably will begin to cover what happened before at some point in the form of exploring the character's pasts. And there really hasn't been a serious character drama anime in a very long while so I welcome this. On the animation side of things, it is rather pleasing. You know those watercolour pieces of manga artwork and stuff? Imagine that moving. A very unique way of animating things. Considering that I got it today, well that should be the schedule for it. Available on Crunchyroll and the usual more ahem channels.

I guess the only other thing worth talking about this season is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Studio SHAFT, known for making Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Maria+Holic and most recently Bakemonogatari... you know those weirdos always up to no good with their weirdass animation trickery involving 3D tables and paper cutouts to fuck your mind ten times over. They are making(already two episodes in) an anime original(HOLY CRAP WHAT? But seriously, with so many light novel and manga adaptations these days this is not to be taken lightly). And its a Magical Girl series. So its like the oddest combination, throw in Ume Aoki(Hidamari Sketch) character designs and Kalafina(Kajiura Yuki) music and add Gen Urobuchi(writes Nitro+ games, in short dark fucked up shit) for the scripts and you got a melting pot for another dimension. So far... well its lacking impact for me anyway but conceptually its pretty good. You got the usual premise, girls contract magic beast, become magical girls. The idea is that they get granted a wish by this magic beast, but have to become magical girls to fight witches. And witches do fucked up shit like actually kill people(in so far, compel them to commit suicide). So like wait, magical girl series... people die? And a magical girl transforms via a soul gem which gets more and more tainted in which the consequence so far is unknown(guessable but the series has been weird as hell and unconventional so far) and can be purified with a grief seed, sometimes dropped by witches. They battle witches by entering other dimensions portrayed by paper cutouts of trippy ass shit and a witch is like another weird combination of paper cutouts and I can't really tell what it is supposed to be. Then magical girl summons matchlock rifles and shoots it to kingdom come. (instead of reloading matchlock rifles, I'll just summon a whole damn pile of them and toss them aside for new ones after firing!)

Story so far, uninvolved girls run into the whole affair, meet a magical girl and beast and start to ponder whether they should sign up for the whole business.

Conceptually, its a dark magical girl series. I have no idea how dark magical girl series can get but I think this is the darkest yet. Been rather serious business so far, not all fun and games. So its probably worth checking out if only for the spectacle of the existence of such a thing. While finding it a bit unexciting so far, I do find it intriguing at the same time and wanna see just how grimdark they are willing to plunge.

Then there is Level E. Adaptation of a 90s shounen manga. Something you really gotta watch for yourself just because its way whack. Basically alien lands on Earth, enters a guy's apartment(he just moved in) and unpacks his shit, wears his clothes and just sits there sipping coffee and claims to be amnesiac. Hilarious antics ensue. What else to say? WATCH IT. 1 episode out so far.

I'm watching Fractale and Gosick so far. I don't really know how to describe Fractale.... people live in a digital system thats like some strange fantasy land? Gosick is MYSTERY SOLVING with pansy dweeb main character, gothic lolita girl and a quack inspector with oddball hair.

But those afore mentioned three are probably my top three of the season. I still think this season is a bit lackluster overall however. Hopefully Fractale will pick up steam.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 4:30 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Most of the winter lineup have more or less aired into their first episode.

Early enough.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Hourou Musuko
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

On which weekdays do these air?
I've spotted seeds and I'm taking a look tomorrow.

Edit:

Ah, screw it, I'm taking a look now.

Madoka looks good. There are some insane design elements but it looks interesting.
Hôrô Musuko definitely offers interesting characters and serious gender-bending. Seriously serious. I'm in.

For starters, we need threads for the series. Can you do that? The first post should be neutral, or "blank", so we can add the introducing description later.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 11:08 pm 
Post Master

I'm only open to the idea of watching an anime episode by episode if it's episodic and thin on plot, like a comedy. If I'm getting involved in an anime, I don't want to wait a fucking week for another 20 minutes of content. When I'm watching an anime TV series, I like to watch around 7 episodes a day, or in some cases (Gankutsuou) 13 episodes a day. I always finish what I watch before starting something else.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 5:59 am 

Made threads for Madoka and Musuko.

I'll make threads for Level E, Fractale and Gosick if I see any interest in those shows.

At any rate, I kinda like watching stuff weekly since it gives me something to look forward to. And sometimes it causes me to absorb the anime better. And sometimes I end up watching the really good episodes twice or thrice. I feel like I appreciate the anime better in these slow trickles. I feel that munching them down in large amounts like I used to tends to make me gloss over a lot of things. Also I guess theres just like a different feel in a sense. Like oh I spent months/half a year watching this show and discussing it as opposed to I gobbled this all up in 3 days.

But I guess I'm just fond of the whole weekly discussion stuff. Introduces a social aspect to what I consider something I do alone. (don't like watching anime with other people generally, I like my peace and quiet)

Also makes you appreciate them next episode previews. Of which some can be quite amusing.