Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Storm Shinobi's STUFFs
PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 9:18 pm 

42317 wrote:
Will the player choose a single one of these paths (or maybe a crossover option between two of them) at some point or can he or she pursue all of them simultaneously (which would be a little overdone imho)?

The idea is that you get all of them, allowing you to play however you wish. I will probably restrict it somehow, like you can only equip a number of things at once so you gotta alter your loadout on your play style. While you do have an infinity bag, its too hard to rummage through it in the heat of battle. But the player will at least be able to access 2-3 of the skillsets at once. I'll probably have a back mount which you need for the bow, two handed and staff, a waist belt which has slots for the epee/rapier, dagger and wand perhaps...
I'm thinking of restricting the dagger's use to assassinations only even. Like you just need it on your body and you can assassinate people. You can't actually use it in regular combat. Since like it is pretty damn silly to be waving a dagger about in the face of sword users.

I'm thinking of adding a Bard's book somewhere even, maybe as a joke. "Le Bard's Musique Booke of le Bardic Artes written be le Bards and for le Bards"(bad French parody, for some reason Bards seem very French to me, I blame Dragon Age and their 'Orlesian' Bards). Maybe it allows you to play a conversational minigame for when you need to convince people of things. And allow access to the LUTE allowing you to play MUSIC which does nothing but get you killed! Although it would be a hilarious idea to play a lute while entering a room to have a roomfull of enemies start singing and dancing in joy.

42317 wrote:
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Half Swording (...) Targeting their legs results in using your weapon's crossguard as a hook to lift your opponent's leg and tripping them over.

How's that supposed to work unless you are really stealthy, doing it "from the shadows". I can't imagine it would be practical once you've engaged in melee combat.

I should rewatch The Weapons and Made Britain to double check on how the guy did it. I reckon if the enemy carelessly hews to the left, and sidestep and get him from the right... Enemies will probably make careless moves like that for the player's sake.
That it'd probably feel pretty badass doing it. Although coming up from behind and hooking the dudes foot up would be pretty cool.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2010, 6:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
it is pretty damn silly to be waving a dagger about in the face of sword users.

I wouldn't say that. If the character has good dodging abilities he can outmaneuver an enemy who wears any serious armor and a heavier weapon which takes more time to swing and control. If a longsword misses the target can stab twice with a dagger before the swordfighter has regained control over his weapon's swing.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
coming up from behind and hooking the dudes foot up would be pretty cool.

One of my fantasy RPG characters used a whip and a short sword. He swung the whip at the opponent's lower legs, pulled him off his feet, and then jumped him with the sword as he tried to get back up. Or he used the whip to disarm enemies by coiling it around the weapon and tearing it out of their hands. Fun scenes at times.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 12:56 pm 

I was kinda agonizing a bit over how my art isn't really going to impress anybody in the bigger scheme of things. I kinda have trouble getting good lines, made worse on tablet so I decided to try out a digital painted sorta style.

To be honest, I kinda impressed myself somewhat. I did look at a bunch of similar styled artist and sorta analyzed them days beforehand. But then I have oil painted for a number of years back then, so all the blending about and colour mixing was recalling what I knew.

I think I'll plan out a Hoshi-no-Tamaki portrait, and then resume writing that.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 4:21 pm 
Major Contributor

I gotta say, i'm impressed. Sincerely and greatly so. :D I think it also helped that red is becoming my favorite color for just about anything therefore the red bow, red kimono and even the red eyes brought out a very comforting feel. :mrgreen: As for the black hair, i'm no professional but it does look well done much like how it should be done. Even the face is properly colored since getting the right tones is something that i see in a lot of works from many talented artists and it is a skill that i still have yet to master with my own work.

All in all, it's a great portrait as far as i'm concerned and don't ever doubt it.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 5:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I was kinda agonizing a bit over how my art isn't really going to impress anybody in the bigger scheme of things. I kinda have trouble getting good lines, made worse on tablet so I decided to try out a digital painted sorta style.

It's a good picture. Surely not over the top or anything but it's good. Proportions, hairflow, lighting, glare effects, nice.
At first glance I thought it had a horror-genre kind of vibrancy, there's a hint of insanity in that face. In my humble opinion, of course. Is it because the eyes are slightly different from each other?
I'm not sure, but looking at it I sometimes feel that each eye is looking in a somewhat different direction. Her left eye loks at the beholder, but her right eye seems to peer into space. And next time I look at the eyes they're both fixed on me. Really strange.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 10:07 am 

I kinda did it out of the blue without a sketch so I guess that lended itself to the unfocused eyes. I think the general consensus from people that seen it is that it is creepy. Though somebody said it reminded them of GITS Motoko which makes me tempted to paint purple hair on that head.

Second attempt! Double the resolution! AIM FOR THE SKIES!

I think I managed a better expression this time and better painted pupils but I'm not too fond of the overall facial proportions: eye size, lip size and all that.

Well I'm still searching for myself in this style so onwards to more experimentation!

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Second attempt! Double the resolution! AIM FOR THE SKIES!

Haha, better aim at dropping that dope habit. :lol:

The eye is nicely done... and that insanity is gone from the facial expression.
I just wonder why her mouth needs to be slightly open (apart from the fact that it's considered aesthetic by a majority of people and a sort of minimal eroticism).

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:34 pm 
Major Contributor

Very nicely drawn kimono girl! :booyah: I believe the mouth open helps with the attractiveness since the pearly white teeth can attract certain people when usually it's a woman's chest or buttocks that are the main catcher of the eye. The mask looks neatly in place and as for the kimono, white with red lines make it a classy choice. The face coloration is nicely done as well.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 12:54 am 

I was just experimenting with the lips, hence the show of lips. There are a lot of people whether due to a bit of overbite or not that tend to hang their mouths slightly open.

I'm probably going to do some life studies after this to get a better hang of how shadows cast themselves on faces. I'm getting a very flat and dead face here.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 7:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
http://sadpanda.us/images/285231-KK2HZF6.jpg

Where's the rest of the skull, above the forehead!? :P2:

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I was just experimenting with the lips (...) I'm probably going to do some life studies after this

Oh, sure, please tell us how it went! :mrgreen:

Now that I think of it I haven't yet done any such life studies on my girlfriend today...

*oh honey, could I have just a moment...* :D

PostPosted: December 24th, 2010, 3:56 pm 

Been slackin and socializing and then oh shit Christmas! I should draw something! Thus hackjobbing commenced.

So I kinda simply put it together, somewhat inspired by all the driving I've been doing lately.

I would have liked to have spent a bit more time on it, but well I'm goddamned tired and any later and it'd be out of season. So thats how its gonna be.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm 
Resident Scholar

Thanks for your efforts!

PostPosted: December 26th, 2010, 4:28 pm 

A world filled with lies. A world where reality holds no meaning. A world where nothing can be defined.

The Eternal Masquerade.

Countless ever changing realities, mutually exclusive from one another. All but a mask upon reality.

1-2-3

Locked in embrace.

1-2-3

To whisk and turn.

1-2-

A waltz cut short.

1-

The lies are torn asunder.

3-2-1

The Masquerade ends.

Now awaken.

As the mask split clean in half from her face, she froze. There was no longer music in her ears. Only a strangely nostalgic noise resounded within the depths of her mind. That was right.

Thought.

Just how long was I dancing for?

Just why was I dancing?

Why have I stopped?

Why is everybody still dancing?

As if nothing was amiss, the various couples continued their chassé around the ballroom. Even without music. Even though the chandelier gave no light. Even though the carpet was long worn out.

The masked gentleman before her simply stood still waiting for his partner to resume her step. But she could no longer dance.

The strings have been severed. There was no longer any purpose or meaning. Only emptiness.

She grasped desperately at any thought she could.

I have to leave.

Thus she acted upon it. It was the only direction she had. She wove through the dancing couples, leaving her partner motionless awaiting her return. As she reached the hallway, she broke into a run.

I have to leave.

Out into the dark hallways. Through rotting oak doors. Down a spiral staircase. And finally out of the ruined castle walls.

A vast expanse of space sprinkled with countless lights spread out before her eyes.

Suddenly a shadow eclipsed everything. The music started to return. A mask closed in, to return her to the pretense of a life.

Then there was a flash. The shadow faded and the mask was gone. All that was left was a blade embedded in the ground and a voice in her head.

Let us end this charade.

———————————————

I was going to just rant off about what this is supposed to be all about and I ended up trying to write something instead. Weirdness.

The basic premise of the story is that there was a pretty normal world. Then beings from a completely different plane ended up in the world and they were completely incomprehensible to the native folk. And these beings could completely alter the reality of the world.

And so they turned the world into their playground, each being controlling their own different little pocket of their own falsified reality. Messing with people and existence itself.

Then one being kinda got bored and decided to ruin the fun for everybody.

Thus the girl managed to awaken from her eternal ballroom dance. In that particular reality pocket, it was governed by a being that just wanted to observe dancing. In that warped reality, people could keep on dancing with completely blank minds, never hunger, tired or age. The girl had been dancing in that state for so long that when she was released, she was simply just empty. Perfect to manipulate by the deviant being that wanted to crash the party for everybody.

So begins the action-adventure-mystery-mindtrip through various pockets of reality, causing all sorts of anarchy. All of these pockets of reality function differently with their own set of governing laws. Some are not too different from the regular world. Not everybody is a brainwashed tool.

At any rate, I kinda just had a setting and a premise and I have no bloody idea where I’m truly going with this. I’ll probably go brood over it when I’m less sleepy.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 10:02 am 
Resident Scholar

Didn't I tell you to drop that dope habit? :lol:
Weirdness or not, I find it brilliant.
Not the concept itself, but what you wrote, the wording you chose.
Are you a deranged genius?

PostPosted: January 1st, 2011, 3:13 pm 

Maybe I should look into writing abstract poetry!

More scissor girl. Needs a name.

Oh god! My hands! They are-

Happy New Year. Year of the Bunny 2011.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next