Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 11:23 am 
Resident Scholar

Dark One wrote:
Air Master, the kid in there would make a deaf man cringe. i think i watched 6 episodes and it was either stop watching it or go deaf.

Hm, didn't realize someone like that. I liked "Airmaster" for the characters it had.
I didn't much like Maki's panty shots and her friend's bust size was a sheer exaggeration (105 cm = 41 inches?? oh please...), but I kinda liked the rest of the show. And the soundtrack. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 8:25 am 
Post Master

Rurouni Kenshin the TV series. I couldn't stand to watch past 6 episodes. I was bored out of my mind, and I am not a fan of the type of humor they put into it. Can someone tell me what is so good about this series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 12:01 pm 

Well... at the start its just 'Samurai Slice of Life'. With mini arcs and stuff just to get you to know the characters, and it can be pretty damn dull at times. But when the Shishio arc starts, thats when it gets totally bloody awesome. Then that arc ends. Then it gets shittier and shittier and shittier and well... a good percentage of the anime totally sucked ass.

But its one of the Bread and Butter animes you have to watch back when I started. Although I never gotten down to Evangelion.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 12:43 pm 

Moonunit you stopped right before Rurouni Kenshin starts to get good. What's so good about it, the second season, the rest is garbage.

I have to add to my list Saber Marrionete J-X, I watched the first her episodes hated the voice acting and the animation so I watched the last episode or two and just couldn't bring myself to watch the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 5:15 pm 
Resident Scholar

Dark One wrote:
lets see, Air Master, the kid in there would make a deaf man cringe. i think i watched 6 episodes and it was either stop watching it or go deaf.

Oh, now I know... I watched it again, you meant Renge. Yeah, she's tough to bear. :)
Same voice actress as Chiyo-chan (Azumanga).

The Adict wrote:
I have to add to my list Saber Marrionete J-X, I watched the first her episodes hated the voice acting

English or Japanese?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 2:31 am 
Major Contributor

rurounijf wrote:
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - I absolutely loved the first season of Black Lagoon. It just seemed like it did everything right. The second season wasn't necessary bad, but it really changed the focus of the series. Suddenly all of the characters from the Lagoon Company were being overshadows by characters I didn't really care about from Hotel Moscow, the Roanapur Gangsters, and others. I would really like to go back eventually and give this series another shot, though, to see if I can get into it again.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way in that I loved the first season, but it took me a while to get through the second season, and by the end it was as if I was just watching it out of obligation to finish the series.

Add another to the list:

Death Note: though reading the manga may have made me bias toward the anime, I still found that latter part of the series much less appealing and interesting as compared to the first two thirds. Sorry, but no one is a better foil for Light than L. Again I finished the series out of obligation, but it was a little painful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 5:16 am 

I found J to X a bit hard to watch. No idea what, it was like a brighter J, so it can't be bad. But well, somehow it felt like watching J.... all over again. And it was getting a bit old. I eventually finished J to X, I guess it was fun although I disliked the general main plot. And the ending put things under wraps pretty nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 12:51 am 

Mahoromatic: i dislikedd every character in there, specially the teacher. It was a pointless fan-service directed series. Plus the only maid series I ever liked is Emma.

Chobits: I always thought it was really weird, I never got to like chii, she was annoying. :P

Eureka 7: I love the music, I loved he black haired chick, I thought most of the characters were cool, but I disliked the mecha. First ending was really awesome, one of my all time favs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 1:42 am 
Newcomer

"Mahoromatic: i dislikedd every character in there, specially the teacher. It was a pointless fan-service directed series."

What?! Mahoromatic, was like deep, and profound, and stuff. At least that is how I remember it :D

Emma is like, alright she is a maid, she lives in victorian England, I get it - would something interesting please happen? Nah, it's alright, really. But the manga is much better.

Anyway, there is a whole lot of series, long and short ones, that I never finished. I only watched like one to three episodes of half of them. According to my ANN list, which i stopped updating two years back, I have seen 140 series and movies completely, and stopped watching the same number. There is just way too much crap anime, I'm sad to conclude. Though I didn't even finish Monster, FMA and Stand Alone Complex, and I absolutely loved those...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 3:00 am 
Major Contributor

Dhaerow wrote:
Though I didn't even finish Monster, FMA and Stand Alone Complex, and I absolutely loved those...

Well I wouldn't blame you about not finishing Monster. It took a long time for me to finish that series, even after I got hooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 5:01 pm 
Resident Scholar

I have to add another one: Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten.
I watched the first episode and immediately got rid of the series, if what I watched was the first episode.
Shao, the main character, is a spirit from the moon, who casually rides a little green dragon and all the school's okay with that. Usually such stories start with the protagonist's real identity well hidden?
Whatever, I was bored, and even Takada Yumi and Kouda Mariko couldn't save it.
For more information, read the article at ANN since I don't want to waste more time with that.

Post subject: Re: Anime You Couldn't Finish Watching!
PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 1:53 am 

I didn't finish and don't plan on watching either: One Piece, Naruto and Bleach. I liked their manga counterparts better. Plus reading manga is less time consuming. Just have to point out that One Piece is way *years light* better than the other two.

Kodocha: I never finished this one, I think i just ran out of episodes to watch, but I did finish the manga which I thought was genius.

Kanon: only 1 episode, that's all it took me to drop this one.

Sakigake!!! Cromartie High
: I watched 10 episodes, I thought it was hilarious, I wonder why I never finish it.

Teizokurei Dream – I think I was missing the final ova. I don't remember exactly why I didn't watch it.

Ayashi no ceres: I watched several episodes and stopped because I didn't find it interesting enough.

Hack sign: I tried watching this one but it turned out to be one of the most boring shows I ever attempted to watch.

Vandread 2nd stage: I wanted to finish it, I had already seen the first season and felt obliged to reach the conclusion but I couldn't put up with the shallow and dumb characters of the series.

Basilisk, another futile attempt at watching a samurai anime. I must have mentioned this before but I really dislike samurai shows with a passion being the only exception Samurai Champloo.

Trinity Blood: I thought this one was promising, but I got tired of it soon.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 5:04 pm 
Post Master

There has been an endless amount of trash I attempted to watch and didn't have any motivation to go father. Shit like Kiddy Grade and Peacemaker and Burst Angel... disgusting.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2010, 11:31 am 

wolfwood wrote:
I didn't finish and don't plan on watching either: One Piece, Naruto and Bleach. I liked their manga counterparts better. Plus reading manga is less time consuming. Just have to point out that One Piece is way *years light* better than the other two.

Ha if I enjoy Bleach and Naruto (manga of course...got tired of anime too) and you say its "years light" better...than it almost makes me want to read it haha...again...I just can't stand the character designs and can't seem to get past that problem as much as I try :whistle:
Every now and than I check a chapter and see a mess...I just can't follow with so many things on one panel :sweat:

PostPosted: December 24th, 2010, 3:01 am 

Fresnokila wrote:
I just can't stand the character designs and can't seem to get past that problem as much as I try.
Every now and than I check a chapter and see a mess...I just can't follow with so many things on one panel :sweat:

Darn, I've been trying to get more people to read OP, but most that decline always say that exact same thing, they can't get used to the art style.
I don't blame you Fresno, many people have told me that OP's art and characters designs is an acquired taste. Others just plainly prefer ninjas over pirates. I never minded the art, I found it a little different at first, but I guess I'm kind of goofy so it felt just fine to me. Still, even if 70% of the characters look goofy or simply strange there is still the 30% left that are simply awesome. But it's the storyline that ultimately manages to keep the reader going.
Don't force yourself one day you will feel the need to read OP, I know. Haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next