Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 3:19 pm 
Major Contributor

After a long time in storage, i started playing Need for Speed ProStreet last night. I retract my previous statements, this game is good. The reason why i used to dislike it was because i couldn't get used to the controls but since last night, i've been getting the hang of it. I would say i'm doing progress on the Grip and Time Attack races, while the Drag racing needs a little tuning.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2010, 9:45 pm 

Almost forgot I had Metroid: Other M...so I decided to play all I could today...seeing as I now have almost all (except the power bomb =_=) I'm guessing I'm not far away from finishing it...
Also finally glad to have my encounter with Ridley...ha been waiting to see it since I started the game :d^_^b:

Spoiler
What's next is to go to Sector Zero which is where I'll finally get to see the Metroids :whistle:

Edit:Well finished Metroid: Other M...and it was quite dramatic..ha they make an enemy dying in such a way and with such a past that you feel like crying for it :cry:
And after you finish it you get a gallery and theater..which you can play all movies together and its chained like a movie (hell it says Metroid: the Movie if you press Play All) which is nice..you watch the whole game in one sitting :d^_^b:

PostPosted: September 25th, 2010, 12:30 pm 
Major Contributor

Completed the "Ruff Rider" mission on GTA IV last night. As for the choices, i let the girl live and took care of the snitch. Been trying my luck on "Photo Shoot" but so far, no progress.

Also played a bit of Tekken 6 for the first time in a long while. Trying to pass the Ganryu stage on Scenario Campaign but not there yet.

UPDATE: Passed the "Photo Shoot" mission and while i didn't shoot the perp to death, i did manage to run him over with my car before he could deal the final shot that would send me to the hospital. So it was one of those victories that got done by the skin of my teeth.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2010, 8:47 am 
Resident Scholar

I've been playing old Amiga games via WinUAE lately, and it's terribly nostalgic to indulge in games which you have not played for 13 years.
I tried Wings as well, but there seems to be a problem with saving the game, which is drastic considering that the game contains more than 200 missions.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 9:58 am 

Ha I played for a while Metroid: Other M last night and to my surprise I found a new area with a new huge boss and all...hell I felt so happy doing battle against it..haha...I really enjoyed the game...only thing I would take away is her talking..'cause she sure talks a lot =_=

But my real guilty pleasure has been from the Bit.Trip series...which are downloadable games only on the Wii....and I downloaded Bit.Trip Runner the other day....ha...even friends who always watch me play are now having me watch....its a simple yet it gets you hooked on it..
The premise is simple...the character you use keeps running forward never stopping..ha all you do is jump...the levels are real short...but than you must also slide...than kick...and last the spring..ha...let me check a video...

You don't lose energy or a life if you get hit..the penalty is that you're sent straight to the beginning of the level..ha!

And here's the other Bit.Trip game I love playing...I'm on the last level...but its so damn hard =_=

This one looks like pong but of course..more complicated...

In both games what you do goes along with the music which is what makes it so engaging :)
And the better you do..the more special effects fill your screen making it harder...

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 2:44 pm 
Major Contributor

It took a little while, but when i was playing Metroid Prime on my GameCube just now, i finally got the hang of the controls especially in the fields of using the combat and the scanning. I wouldn't say i got very far but i did manage to defeat the Parasite Queen and got held up when i was suddenly supposed to abandon ship with time not on my side nor energy.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 3:57 pm 
Post Master

A few months ago I got a Sega Genesis and have been buying tons of games for that. Naturally the first game I played through was McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure which is developed by Treasure.

Also, more StarCraft 2 since outsmarting and demolishing people always gives the right amount of satisfaction.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2010, 4:39 pm 
Major Contributor

Since yesterday, i've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on XBOX 360 trying to get just a little further. Been mostly focusing on Silver's arc. It took a bit of practice and looking at Youtube walkthroughs, but i more or less got the hang of his movements on the controls and i managed to beat the first level of the ruined city in flames. I also managed to beat the first boss battle against Iblis on the first try.

I have to say that i totally liked Blaze the Cat as a supporting character and also loved the English voice given to her. And this comes from a franchise where proper English dubs are very rare and this also applies to Silver's voice.

Updates: After looking at Youtube walkthroughs and a lot of trying, i finally managed to complete the jungle level from Silver's arc. Another victory was perfected when i played as Blaze in the ocean level and came out of it with the highest scores yet.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 5:44 pm 
Resident Scholar

I've been playing tons of old games.

I told you about Wings, and the saving problem was solved by getting a different file. The new one works fine and I can restart my WWI flying career!

Knights of the Sky is also about flying wooden kites in WWI, but it's a little more elaborate, with a whole map of towns, airfields, rivers, and the frontline. While Wings will end the simulation sequence once you've accomplished the mission, Knights of the Sky on the other hand will make you turn back and land at your airport, and you can bet that there'll be enemy planes harassing you on the way.

Space Crusade is as cool as it ever was - round-based tactics game where you lead a squad of space marines into missions for the Empire. Warhammer 40K at its earliest, so to speak.

Speedball II... hell, I missed this. Handball combined with American football and Cyberpunk. I haven't played in 13 years. And I feel it in the game results. :sweat:
Fun thing is that the team is to weak in the beginning and once you've powered them up with cyberimplants they zip around the field faster than your able to follow them, making it more difficult in a different kinda way. Lots of joystick work, too. Need to hold it down with my left hand while steering with the right. Totally cramps the left.

Populus II - wanna become a god? Well, happy ethnic cleansing then. Flatten your own land for maximum fertility while torching and swamping your opponent's towns and hunting down his tribe leaders until they're all eradicated! Gaining experience points makes you stronger with every genocide.

Syndicate was an awesome pastime on Amiga... I heard it was even better on PC due to better graphics, but I never found a PC version. In trhis game you're a big corporation trying to take over the world by carrying out commando missions in the different areas. It's a bit like an action version of a Shadowrun. Protect some VIP here, eliminate a traitor there, and so on. The areas you control give you tax money which you need to buy equipment and develop new weapons and cybersystems.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 3:53 pm 

Ha guys (and no Fresno is not a bot =_=) I just tried this new beta thing called..umm wait let me check the Start Menu....ah OnLive...ha its a quick download for a program that plays games on your pc just using your connection..not your actual PC Specs...these being said I tried the (few) games it has (since they all have free 30min demo's) and was surprised as I played games that are too powerful for my laptop 0_0

I have to say if what I saw is what to expect when its fully released...I'm in!

Ha no for real...let me get the link....well no..its just Onlive.com..so should be easy...

Anyways give it a try...its pretty impressive how lag free it is :gatsu:

They also have a small system coming out for 99 bucks where you hook one side to the tv and the other to your modem and has a wireless controller which isn't bad I guess...but since I can just test it out on the PC..thats good enough for me...ha...don't feel like buying any games anyways....for me this is a good way to test games before buying (if in the end they'll have hundreds of games...for now its a very small library)...

PostPosted: November 24th, 2010, 6:59 pm 
Major Contributor

Last game i played in the past week was Sonic Unleashed where i did manage to get past the first Hedgehog level but with humiliating results, as always seems to be. Beyond the Adventure games, it's usually by luck that i get an S or an A grade in any Sonic game. Best i can get is a solid B, worst is always D which is what i happened to get on the first Hedgehog level right there. As for the first Werehog level, not 100 percent complete yet but i think i did a much better job handling Sonic as a Werehog for the most part.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 3:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Today, i struck gold. I was playing Tekken 6 on the Scenario Campaign and while i still don't have better luck at beating Ganryu, i did apply what i learned on the controls to the cavern level where i managed to make it to the end point there and beat Leo, adding that fighter to my character selection slot. I was practically jumping up in the air and shouting "YES!" a couple times when that moment came that i knew i had that level in the bag. Yep, video games do get my adrenaline going and that instant of grasping victory is a sweet feeling.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 12:20 am 
Post Master

Finished playing Borderlands with a friend. It was alright I guess, but has fundamental flaws. There's too much fucking walking. There's a reason that 15 years ago the original Diablo included a way to teleport to town instantly. I don't know how they fucked that up so badly 15 years later, but I got sick real fast of having to get to the nearest fast travel beacon to turn in my missions. You shouldn't have to turn in your missions most of the time because it doesn't make sense in the context of the mission, you should just receive your reward as soon as it's finished. Aside from the fundamentally flawed pacing, the side missions might as well not exist because 99% of them are fucking boring garbage (this can be said for any RPG with side missions).

PostPosted: December 8th, 2010, 10:03 pm 
Post Master

About half way through (in shines) of Super Mario Sunshine. It's a fine game, but god damn is it frustrating. Some of the level design is sadistic and you get punished severely for small mistakes that are so easy to make. Lost my patience today when I tried playing it. Oh yeah, this game also suggests that Bowser raped Peach, which is disturbing. Sunshine isn't quite a classic like Mario 64 is.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 12:46 pm 

Playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii with a friend ha..so whenever he's not here I just replay the past levels to get what was missing....we're on world 4 now...well on the boss so soon world 5 (Game can't get hard at times ha..but so fun you don't mind)

And also got me Super Mario All Stars:Limited Edition for the Wii too....ha its the exact SuperNes game..thought they would change the menus at least...but it brings a soundtrack and a booklet with info of all games...so as a collectible it was worth it! :d^_^b:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next