Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now? (Version 1.0)
PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 5:44 pm 
Major Contributor

I'm still inside waiting for all the Thanksgiving and Black Friday madness to die down so i can safely spend away on my desired entertainments come next week. In the meantime, i continue to indulge myself on movie viewage, camera work, and just keeping a steady course through my life.

I will be checking out the ads on the bulletin board the next time i visit Hot Topic. A lot of local musical talent is scouting and if i don't take the initiative then existence will not change into divine and i'll still be a floater waiting for shit to come my way.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 6:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
in Canada there's a mandatory high school course called "Planning 10" which is meant to prepare you for your time after high school

Why is it called "Planning 10"?

Hm, what can I find...

Quote from Gladstone online:

- Students will become informed decision makers, able to understand the effects of their choices on themselves and others.

If they haven't already learned this when they're 18 how are they supposed to learn it in a seminar? :sweat:
Sometimes I tend to think that playing war games is most effective for training to plan ahead in general.

- Students will be able to access information and analyse it for accuracy, bias, and relevance.

Sounds like a short-term excuse for some major lack of long-term education policy. :roll:

- Students will develop an understanding of their personal responsibility for attaining and maintaining their overall health and financial well-being, and for pursuing and achieving their education and career goals.

What's that? When you're about to graduate they're finally telling you what all the stuff you learned is actually good for? :P2:
Then, "overall health" sounds like brushing one's teeth on a daily basis and using condoms if you're a skirt-hunter.

- Students will develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable them to plan for their successful transition from secondary school to their adult lives.

Isn't that, like, what parents should be doing over the years?

But I'd actually wish they'd teach some basic legal stuff, like how to not get ripped off with tenancy agreements or other contracts like mobile phones and stuff... there are horribly uneducated people out there who never read what they put they're name under...

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 5:13 pm 
Major Contributor

Went to the mall today where i found that i should've replied to at least one of the wanted musician ads a bit sooner in Hot Topic since there was barely any left. Bummer. It's starting to get very cloudy and i had taken my umbrella with me to the mall just in case but not a drop fell from the sky despite the clouds starting to form at the time.

I also called my grandmother who lives in my birth city in the island which is far away from where i'm currently at; about two hours' car ride northeast; as well as my two aunts who live with her. They were very suprised and very happy that i called to talk to them. Everybody in the family there is doing all right so that was good to hear.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm 

12 hours away from my final oral exam. Probably the hardest exam I've taken until now. I'm freaking out right now. I wonder if Ill be ready then. I'm not right now.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 2:41 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
wolfwood wrote:
12 hours away from my final oral exam. Probably the hardest exam I've taken until now. I'm freaking out right now. I wonder if Ill be ready then. I'm not right now.

Don't worry about it wolfwood, I'm sure you'll do fine! Just think about how goods it's going to feel when it's over and done with :gatsu:

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 5:14 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
wolfwood wrote:

Don't worry about it wolfwood, I'm sure you'll do fine! Just think about how goods it's going to feel when it's over and done with :gatsu:
Thanks. You are right it feels great!!
I was unexpectedly exempted from the oral exam. It was kind of shocking.
It was 7 am, there were 25 people in the room. I had barely slept this week. The course coordinator after a short speech was reading through a list sending people to the different examiners. He finished reading the list including the people who he would personally examine. I was not called; just as a few others; and that's when he said that the people who had not been called were exempted from the exam. I was in a state of disbelief. But it felt awesome once I came back into my senses again.

Last night I went to celebrate with some friends, stayed up till 3 in the morning. And I've been slacking off today peacefully, something I haven't been able to do in months. I still have some work to handle this week and a few classes, but I've pretty much finished the semester already.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
I was unexpectedly exempted from the oral exam.

So you're through now, finished, over, finito, Ende, graduated?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 2:05 am 

42317 wrote:
wolfwood wrote:
I was unexpectedly exempted from the oral exam.
So you're through now, finished, over, finito, Ende, graduated?
Nope, I have one more year of college and another year as an intern... I'm happy though, I feel like I'm almost finished, I'm running the final lap already.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2010, 6:50 pm 
Major Contributor

Today was a different day from the routine because i had my hair cut, and better than that, i got to experience ice skating for the very first time when dad took me to the rink in Aguadilla. Though it was my first time skating in any form in over many years, i had my fair share of falls, sores and scratches, but through it all, i got to enjoy being out there on the ice and skating with good fun loving people. :D

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 3:51 pm 
Major Contributor

Currently, i'm feeling sick from a case of the cold. Fortunately, my mom has the Vicks cream ready for such situations and a thorough smearing of the cream on my chest area and back has allowed more comfort in terms of breathing and oxygen being distributed more evenly. Though this certainly derails my plans for wanting to return to the ice rink for a while, it could be worse.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 7:31 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
my mom has the Vicks cream ready for such situations

It's always funny for a sometimes infantile guy like me to hear you people talk about that brand of medication, because its German homophone "wix" means "wank".
Sorry... I guess it was the term "Vicks" in correlation with "cream"... it just jumped me and I had to write it down. :lol:

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 10:04 pm 
Major Contributor

Looks like i'm free and clear from the cold i was feeling sick from. Thank goodness. :D I'm hopeful that i'll be visiting the ice rink again Monday or Tuesday. :booyah: Other than that, the usual stuff that goes on in the life of a 22 year old living with his parents:

- Watching TV
- Eating junk food
- Spending nearly all day at the computer
- Listening to heavy rock n roll
- Wondering when the next shopping mall trip is gonna be

I guess that about covers my life nicely.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 4:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:

And how do you feel about that, if I may ask? :?

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 4:42 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

And how do you feel about that, if I may ask? :?

Not too shabby at all. It's not like i'm one of those stoners who just smokes weed all day and doesn't leave the couch while watching a Jerry Springer marathon. :d-_-b: I'm strictly anti-drug lifestyle, and i guess i forgot to mention in the list the times i play Domino or Bingo with my parents. Good times. :booyah:

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm 
Post Master

G-Core wrote:
I'm strictly anti-drug lifestyle

I guess that's something. Maybe you decided not to include the obvious but there's no school or work in your list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next