Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Post your PC specs
PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 2:49 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
How much is that going to set you back though?

It costs 1500 but I hope to get it on sale for 1300.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx ... SHLC37D62U

Is that the TV you are looking at picking up?

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 3:08 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=103&ref=froogle&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SHLC37D62U&sku=SHLC37D62U

Is that the TV you are looking at picking up?

The model I'm going to get seems different (going by the model number). The price difference may be because of that one being a clearance price or it may have to do with the fact that I live in Canada, where everything costs 4 times its own worth. It's just the way we roll.

I have no choice though, the only place to buy TVs is Future Shop, since Radio Shack doesn't have anything worth mentioning and London Drugs doesn't have any Sharp TVs (though the prices are no different from Future Shop so that doesn't matter).

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=23521

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 3:19 am 
Resident Admin

Mmsven wrote:
The model I'm going to get seems different (going by the model number). The price difference may be because of that one being a clearance price or it may have to do with the fact that I live in Canada, where everything costs 4 times its own worth. It's just the way we roll.

I have no choice though, the only place to buy TVs is Future Shop, since Radio Shack doesn't have anything worth mentioning and London Drugs doesn't have any Sharp TVs (though the prices are no different from Future Shop so that doesn't matter).

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=23521

Ah, that seems to be a newer Sharp Aquos model than the one I found. Which is too bad since that could have saved you quite a bit of money from the price tag on the other one :(

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 8:00 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Spaz... why do I feel like I have just been one-upped! :lol:

You have liquid cooling, so that's some points for you . . . :lol:

I've also been considering getting a 1080p TV soon, but thinking about the costs and considering my 24" monitor already does 1920x1200, I'm probably going to wait a little while for them to come down below $1000 a set. If only OLEDs could get on the market soon (Sony has said that they won't be able to mass produce 40" size OLED screens until 2010).

PostPosted: May 31st, 2008, 6:58 am 
Newcomer

Hey y'all. Old trusty XP boxen died a month or so back, here's the new spankin budget rig.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7GHz
4GB Corsair DDR2-6400
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
Nexus NX8040 400W
Gigabyte HD3850 256MB
Samsung DVD±DL
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB
Seagate 7200.10 320GB
Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Logitech MX5000 Laser
Vista Business 64-bit

And using my nice CRT screens Nokia 447Za 17" and a IBM G50 15"

PostPosted: June 1st, 2008, 7:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Lorthreth, could it be that you are one of the old generation, BRS members?
I remember there was someone from Finland before, and Rovaniemi is one of the very few towns up there that ring a bell with me.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 6:43 pm 
Resident Admin

Just picked up a new Asus high def 1080p 24 inch monitor. Got a pretty good deal on it from newegg for $280.00 I had been waiting to get a larger monitor for a while now, and especially one that's HDCP compliant so I can play my blu-ray movies on it. Sadly I no longer have my HMDI capable graphics card after my brother stole it for his computer, so for the moment I'm having to use a DVI cable (which does 1080i, I think). Good lord does it look crazy with a 1920x1080 resolution. The forum is super wide while the main site takes up only a sliver of the screen :lol:

PostPosted: December 29th, 2008, 11:18 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Just picked up a new Asus high def 1080p 24 inch monitor. Got a pretty good deal on it from newegg for $280.00 I had been waiting to get a larger monitor for a while now, and especially one that's HDCP compliant so I can play my blu-ray movies on it. Sadly I no longer have my HMDI capable graphics card after my brother stole it for his computer, so for the moment I'm having to use a DVI cable (which does 1080i, I think). Good lord does it look crazy with a 1920x1080 resolution. The forum is super wide while the main site takes up only a sliver of the screen :lol:

You can just get a HDMI-DVI converter, I use one to connect my video card (which has DVI outputs) to my LG monitor, which has HDMI instead of DVI. Also, most video cards these days use dual-link DVI which can display up to 2560x1600.

Anyway, I recently purchased two 1.5TB hard drives (they were on sale during Black Friday) and boy the extra space really helps. Though despite now having over 5TB of total storage space on my system, I still only have about 1TB of space left. BD-Rs really need to get cheaper . . . :P

PostPosted: December 29th, 2008, 11:58 pm 
Resident Admin

spazmaster666 wrote:
You can just get a HDMI-DVI converter, I use one to connect my video card (which has DVI outputs) to my LG monitor, which has HDMI instead of DVI. Also, most video cards these days use dual-link DVI which can display up to 2560x1600.

I could have but that wouldn't have really helped me at all (I have a DVI connector on it), and it still would have been 1080i since the cable itself would have been DVI. Thankfully though, my brother got a new graphics card so I got my old one back, and now have my monitor hooked up with HDMI. Watched Speed Racer on it in Blu-Ray and whle I have mixed feelings about the movie, it looked pretty dang good on my monitor :D

spazmaster666 wrote:
Anyway, I recently purchased two 1.5TB hard drives (they were on sale during Black Friday) and boy the extra space really helps. Though despite now having over 5TB of total storage space on my system, I still only have about 1TB of space left. BD-Rs really need to get cheaper . . . :P

Nice work you space monger! :lol:

PostPosted: October 16th, 2009, 2:30 am 
Resident Admin

Muahaha, I recently upgraded the 7 year old laptop I stole from my brother and finally got one that actually works. I'd been waiting to find a deal on one and it finally came up, though it did end up being an HP. Never been a big fan of HP stuff, always thought they were second fiddle to say Dell, but I wasn't going to let my preconceived notions stop me from a good deal.

So, onto the laptop:

16 inch high def 1920x1080 screen
2.1 ghz dual core processor
4 gigs of ram
Geforce 9600GT Graphics card
360 gig hard drive
and all the other stuff you would expect.

I've been using it for about a week now and I can't say I've had many complaints. Unfortunately either the speakers or the sound card/software are no good because not only do the spearkers crackle every now and again, but so do my headphones. As a music lover, I can't say I am too happy about that. Between that and all the preloaded HP software, there's not much else that I have found wrong with it. I got it with a Wireless N card to make sure I can get a good signal all throughout my house and that actually seems to be working out as planned too. So far I have been quite happy with it and hopefully it won't fail me like the other one did with not even being able to play video files at the end there...

PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 9:00 pm 
Resident Admin

Got a new computer built after my power supply went on the last one. Decided it was time to just upgrade the whole blooming thing:

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz Processor
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
6 Gigs of OCZ DDR3-1600 Ram
Geforce 9600GT 1 Gig Video Card (didn't replace it, waiting till I really need a new one, probably for Fallout New Vegas)
6 HDDs for a total of 6 Terabytes of space
Kingwin 1000W Modular Power Supply
Asus 24-inch HD monitor (still the same one I was using before as well, no need to upgrade it yet)

It's nice to have a more stable machine than I had before (it's also nice that it worked right after I finished putting it together with no real problems). I'm just hoping this one doesn't eat power supplies like the last one seemed to :d-_-b:

PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 10:20 am 

Ha now all I use is my laptop...my comp is collecting dust since it was slower....

Umm..lets see the specs..

Intel Pentium T4400 (2.2GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
Intel GMA 4500M Up to 1308 MB DVMT<----don't know wtf that means..anyone?
17.3" HD + LED LCD
3 GB Memory<---which I of course want more
320 GB HDD<---ha I use an external HDD since thats too low
DVD Super Multi DL Drive<----wish it was a blu-ray burner
Nplify 802.11b/g/n
6 cell Li-ion battery

Thats about it...I do need to make me a desktop though...ha to let this one rest :P2:

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 12:19 am 
Post Master

I recently got a mammoth of a beast of a computer.

Intel Core I7 (Quad core 2.80 GHz)
Radeon HD 5870 (This fucking beast cost $450)
6GB DDR3 Ram
1TB hard drive
Blu-ray disc drive
23" 1920x1080 monitor

Feels nice to replace my 5-year-old mid-range computer with a current high-range computer.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 12:57 am 
Resident Admin

Mmsven wrote:
I recently got a mammoth of a beast of a computer.

That is a pretty nice machine you have there (and should be quite the upgrade after having the last one for 5 years!). You get to put it to the test with any recent games? I saw you were rocking some SC2 but that wasn't terribly graphics intensive since I ran it on high with my old 9600GT.

Since Fallout New Vegas came out I got myself a GTX470 to make sure I didn't run into any issues. Seemed to work quite well but I'm sure it doesn't quite compare with that 5870 of yours :gatsu:

PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 1:21 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
That is a pretty nice machine you have there (and should be quite the upgrade after having the last one for 5 years!). You get to put it to the test with any recent games? I saw you were rocking some SC2 but that wasn't terribly graphics intensive since I ran it on high with my old 9600GT.

Haven't been playing too many graphically intensive games. Just Starcraft 2, Portal, and Oblivion. None of those are a suitable test. The most graphically intensive games I have might be Crysis and Dragon Age, but I haven't tried either of those yet.