Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The official NEWS Thread
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:08 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Honey bees are usually not aggressive, unless you come too close to their hive.
When I was five I was stung by a wasp and instead of developing a phobia I learned a strange thing from it:
If a wasp lands on you the stupidest thing you can do is lose your nerve and try to remove it in a violent fashion. So if one landed on my face I just held still and let it be, and after a few seconds it'd just take off again without doing harm. Some self-discipline goes a long way. I was only once again stung by a wasp and that was because while watching TV it was accidentally buried underneath my foot.
Got me hell of a big foot for a week. :sweat:

What a coincindence, cause violent fashion is exactly what earned me the sting. Everyone else, the students and English teacher, were staying still while the bee was flying around the room. And when it got close to me, instead of thinking it out and listening to the cries of "Use a shoe", i hit that mother with my hands!!! :roll: When i checked my left palm and thought the sucker was dead :P2: , that's when the pain of all pains at that time was let loose... Teacher had to hold me down and take a little while to get the stinger off me while i was screaming and crying out of my mind from the pain. :cry: After that, a quick trip to the nurse's office, she patched me up, and i was on my way to tell the story to my mom as soon as school was done for the day.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2010, 4:06 pm 
Major Contributor

Incredible! That's the only thing i can say about this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... ould-apply

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 10:37 am 

Well not to OFFEND anyone...but she looks hot enough for the cartel to rape her and kill her in a few days...
She's 20 years old and has no experience we can assume...so it will be one of two things...the first I just said...the second is that they look at her as a joke and not a threat and probably leave her alone...which we know won't happen....she will surely be killed...

But I applause her bravery...and who knows...maybe all hell breaks loose if she is killed and everyone steps in to stop the cartel...

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 12:15 pm 
Major Contributor

No offense taken. You do bring some valid points, i did wonder how is she gonna be able to juggle both responsibilities of being police chief and college student in such a way that it doesn't get mixed up and if she doesn't get killed, she may have to step down from one or the other in order to balance the situation.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 3:54 pm 
Resident Scholar

Young idealist comes to crime-ridden town, shows some balls and chuzpe and is thus elected sheriff - sounds just like 1865.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2010, 9:44 pm 

42317 wrote:
Young idealist comes to crime-ridden town, shows some balls and chuzpe and is thus elected sheriff - sounds just like 1865.

Ha sounds like a movie indeed :whistle:

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2010, 11:36 am 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
42317 wrote:

Ha sounds like a movie indeed :whistle:

I'm not too familiar with westerns. Never really seen the classics of John Wayne or Clint Eastwood and that includes The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 8:47 am 
Resident Scholar

Big US election day today I heard - so go vote!

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 5:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Simply amazing and impressive! :d^_^b: :clap:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/228 ... ld+record/

PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 6:19 pm 

That is pretty impressive..the most I've hold underwater has been almost 2mins (1:52 to be exact) and that was just a bit below surface..I can't imagine the pressure he had on his body going that deep :blink:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 2:45 pm 
Major Contributor

What is the world coming to?! :wtf: :d-_-b:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_ ... l_protests

PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 6:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
What is the world coming to?!

Quote:
"Our profound national commitment to free and open debate is not a license for the vicious verbal assault that occurred in this case"

Not just in this case. How can it be against robust debate if you outlaw hateful speech in public? I know, that debate will not end so soon. The German constitution also has a "freedom of speech" paragraph, but the "dignity of the human being" paragraph overrules all others. It's the very first article in our constitution:
"The dignity of man is inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all public authority."
Freedom of Speech is "only" article 5 (out of the 19 basic rights).

Quote:
Phelps said. "We read the law. We follow the law. The only way for a different ruling is to shred the First Amendment."

Bullshit. Any law can be changed without touching its core. If the current law allows something like what's described in the news text then the law is shit.
Let them wield their picket signs in front of city halls, in front of the Capitol, in front of the White House, but leave the families of the dead alone. Do they actually think that their stance would make people feel sympathetic to their cause?

PostPosted: March 11th, 2011, 12:03 pm 

As if it needs to be posted, but here are some pictures.

Earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan 03.11.11
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/11/1045001/earthquake-and-tsunami-hit-japan.html

PostPosted: March 13th, 2011, 3:02 pm 

Yes, it is truly a disaster. Th after images and the possible meltdowns is simply apocalyptic as you put it Shiro. 10% of Japan has no power right now, thousands were left without a home in the cold weather right now, it's a disaster.
My prayers go to the people there in Japan, I hope they can manage somehow to control the reactors.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2011, 5:54 pm 
Resident Scholar

Shirogetsune wrote:
Earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan 03.11.11

I come to believe that anytime I cannot visit the forums because of whatever important incident something grave happens. At the same time it seems like it needs a little apocalypse to bring shirogetsune back to the forums, eh? :P2: I went on a "business" trip to the south of Germany and when I was travelling home big disaster news hit the programs. Not quite Taiyô no Mokushiroku, but close.
So far I have received answers from most of my Japanese friends, but the most critical two who are students at Tôhoku University in Sendai have still not replied. With Sendai being flooded with mud and whatever was swept away they will for sure have more important problems than checking e-mails, if that is technically possible at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next