Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime News
PostPosted: October 31st, 2010, 11:20 am 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
http://tellycafe.com/general-news/takeshi-shudo-the-pokemon-maker-fails-to-fight-death/

Creator of Pokemon dies..which is quite sad considering how much I love playing these games and watching the movies :bow:

This is gonna have to come out eventually, might as well be me :wink: : While i certainly hope Mr. Shudo rests in peace, he did not create Pokemon. It was Satoshi Tajiri.

I know Tajiri was mostly responsible for the games, but if the news is gonna portray the creator of a famous franchise, at least get the research right.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2010, 11:38 am 

He may not have created the Pokemon per se but he did ceate the anime and the first movies...from what I read...you google person you :whistle:

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 3:34 pm 
Major Contributor

They just never learn, do they? :d-_-b: What they're doing is wrong, and they always pay. :shame:

ANN wrote:
Man Arrested for Posting 6 Pokémon Images Before Games Shipped
posted on 2010-11-02 12:05 EDT
Chaoboo, 2 other Pokémon posted before Pokémon Black & White's September 18 release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police from Chikusei City in Ibaraki Prefecture have arrested a man named Makoto Sekiguchi on Tuesday for allegedly posting images of new Pokémon characters before the release of the latest Pokémon games. Sekiguchi is a 27-year-old part-time company employee from Yokohama.

The suspect is accused of copyright infringement for allegedly posting six images of Chaoboo and two other new Pokémon characters on the Internet via a mobile phone at around 8:00 p.m. on September 1. These characters were slated to debut in a new series of Pokémon: Black and Pokémon: White games, which shipped for the Nintendo DS consoles in Japan on September 18. (A tie-in anime, Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes!, premiered on Japanese television on September 23.) The authorities did not identify the source of the images, but images of three previously unseen characters, including Chaoboo, were leaked from the October issue of Shogakukan's Monthly CoroCoro Comic magazine before its September 15 shipping date.

According to the authorities, Sekiguchi said in a deposition that he "thought I would show everyone the characters that haven't been made public yet." The police are investigating how the images were obtained. The Chikusei Police discovered the images while on "cyber patrol" and consulted with the publisher Shogakukan and the Association of Copyright for Computer Software (ACCS).

In a separate development, the ACCS reported that three men were apprehended in three separate arrests in Japan in the past two weeks for distributing anime, games, business software, and manga online. The three men allegedly used Share — a file-sharing program, like its predecessor Winny, that is known to have flaws that compromise the users' anonymity. One of the suspects, a 37-year-old unemployed man from Aisai City, allegedly edited the commercials out of 4 Heartcatch Precure! anime episodes and uploaded them immediately after they aired from June 28 to July 18.

Sources: 47News, Nikkan Sports

Image © Nintendo, Creatures, GAME FREAK, TV Tokyo, Sho-Pro, JR Kikaku
© Pokémon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 11:27 am 

Ha I was one who was looking at those pokemon before release haha...Nintendo is going to make money anyways..they shouldn't be so uptight :d-_-b:

PostPosted: November 4th, 2010, 11:17 am 
Major Contributor

Hmmm, as long as they don't screw it up as much as straying too far from the source material; like Dragonball Evolution :d-_-b: ; this could be big. :D

ANN wrote:
Anthony LaMolinara Directs Live-Action Bubblegum Crisis
posted on 2010-11-03 21:00 EDT
Spider-Man animation director to begin shooting in China in 3D next May

The Screen Daily industry news source reports on Wednesday that animator and director Anthony LaMolinara will helm Bubblegum Crisis – Knight Sabers, the live-action film adaptation of the Bubblegum Crisis anime franchise. The defunct ARTMIC studio created the original 1987-1991 video anime series about four women who protect a cybernetic future Tokyo with powered armor. LaMolinara will begin shooting the new film in stereoscopic 3D at China's Hengdian World Studios next May.

LaMolinara directed the animation sequences in several films, including Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Hollow Man. He was also an animator on Toy Story and Stuart Little, and he wrote and directed a 2005 short called "Lonesome Matador."

Australia's Arclight Films, Canada's Wizzfilms, the Infotainment China Media Company, and the United Kingdom's Latec International agreed in May of 2009 to produce the live-action film. Japan's Anime International Company (AIC) had previously signed a basic agreement with Singapore's Cubix International PTE Ltd. (Zodiac: The Race Begins) for the adaptation in October of 2008.

The producers had originally planned to shoot the film in Australia on a US$30 million budget. The project also had a early 2012 release date slated, but that is no longer the case.

The original anime sold over 600,000 copies on laserdisc and video tape. It already spawned the AD Police Files prequel video anime series and the Bubblegum Crash sequel video anime series. The Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 television anime series remade the original story in 1998 and spawned its own AD Police television series spinoff and the Parasite Dolls video series.

AnimEigo released the original video series along with AD Police Files and Bubblegum Crash in North America, while ADV Films released Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, AD Police, and Parasite Dolls. Funimation just confirmed on Wednesday that it has since picked up the North American license for Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040.

Thanks to Analogk37 for the news tip.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2010, 10:19 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, this is awkward. What did he ever do to her?

ANN wrote:
Suspect Says She Mailed Knife to Voice Actor Sho Hayami
posted on 2010-11-24 16:39 EST
Police already arrested 46-year-old unemployed woman for sending knife to school

Japanese police report that Mayumi Konishi, a woman arrested for allegedly sending a knife to an elementary school as a threat, said in her deposition that she also sent a knife to the home of voice actor Sho Hayami. The authorities already charged the 46-year-old unemployed woman with forceful interference for the school incident, but they intend to charge her again on Friday for threatening Hayami.

According to the investigators, Konishi allegedly sent a knife enclosed in an envelope to Hayami's home in Tokyo's Edogawa ward in late March of this year. They also say that she likes anime and was a member of Hayami's fan club.

The police are investigating any connections that Konishi might have to several dozen threatening notes and cutlery that were sent to Hayami's home and management agency about four years ago. Those notes four years ago wished misfortune on Hayami and said "Stop Sho."

Hayami's many anime roles include Dragon Ball Z, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, and Macross 7. He has also narrated commercials and produced both musical and spoken-word CDs.

Source: Mainichi

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:31 pm 
Major Contributor

I must admit, i'm more familiar with Iida-san due to being Kanda-san's replacement on The 08th MS Team after that car accident which i believe was the cause of death for Kanda-san. Regardless, i do feel bad for his passing not only because now both directors of that wonderful Gundam project were taken before their time but because they undeniably had talent to make it one of my most revered shows within that universe.

ANN wrote:
Hellsing Director Umanosuke Iida Passes Away (Updated)
posted on 2010-11-26 11:55 EST
Iida directed last half of Gundam: The 08th MS Team after Takeyuki Kanda's passing

Anime director Jun Kamiya reported on his Twitter account on Saturday that fellow director Umanosuke Iida had passed away, and manga creator Koichi Tokita confirmed the news. Iida was 49.

Iida had directed the Hellsing, Tide-Line Blue, Mighty Space Miners, and CB Chara Nagai Go World anime projects. He had assumed the directorial reins of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team after the first director of that anime, Takeyuki Kanda, passed away suddenly during production.

Iida also drew storyboards for The Big O, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Brave King GaoGaiGar Final Grand Glorious Gathering, Cowboy Bebop, Gin Rei, and Shangri-La.

[Via Uri-Sure Matome R]

Update: Iida's official website reports that he passed away at 2:36 p.m. on November 26 due to lung cancer. The animator organization Anido reports that a vigil will be held on November 29, followed by a service on November 30.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 1:17 pm 
Resident Scholar

ANN wrote:
Iida had directed the Hellsing, Tide-Line Blue, Mighty Space Miners, and CB Chara Nagai Go World anime projects. He had assumed the directorial reins of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team after the first director of that anime, Takeyuki Kanda, passed away suddenly during production.

Maybe... the 08th MS Team is cursed! :O.O:

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 4:11 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
ANN wrote:

Maybe... the 08th MS Team is cursed! :O.O:

Hopefully, the curse won't extend to any more cast or crew members. An early grave is not something i look forward to expecting.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 4:25 pm 
Major Contributor

My fond wishes for a speedy recovery.

ANN wrote:
News: Voice Actor Kishō Taniyama Reveals Polyp, Treatment
posted on 2010-12-06 05:07 EST
La Corda D'Oro/Zettai Karen Children singer expresses confidence in cure

The voice actor and singer Kishô Taniyama announced on his Twitter account on Monday that he was diagnosed with a polyp, but he assured his fans that he will get better.

He explained that he thought he was suffering from a long, nasty bout with a cold recently, but it was actually the polyp. He added that he was quite shocked when he found out what was really wrong. He asked his fans not to worry and said that he is certain that he will be cured. He then vowed "not to betray my fans' expectations" and to present a healthy front.

Taniyama's roles include La Corda D'Oro's Len Tsukimori, Toaru Majutsu no Index's Stiyl Magnus, and Zettai Karen Children's Shūji Sakaki. He is also the lead vocalist of GRANRODEO, the group that he formed with musician e-Zuka (Masaaki Iizuka), and he performed on the soundtracks of La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~, Koi suru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kagayaki no Ashita ~, Zettai Karen Children, and other works.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Post Master

The Garden Of Sinners movie series has been licensed by Aniplex, to be sold for $400... What the fuck were they thinking? Companies like Aniplex and Bandai Visual ("Honneamise") don't seem to understand that it's not appropriate to price shit the way Geneon did at it's worst (like $200 for Gungrave).

PostPosted: December 19th, 2010, 7:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
The Garden Of Sinners movie series has been licensed by Aniplex, to be sold for $400... What the fuck were they thinking? Companies like Aniplex and Bandai Visual ("Honneamise") don't seem to understand that it's not appropriate to price shit the way Geneon did at it's worst (like $200 for Gungrave).

Sounds like they're orienting their price at what you usually pay in Japan - the promised land of Anime that rips off the fans.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 12:23 pm 
Major Contributor

Much like Satoshi Kon, the late Umanosuke Iida's final work will not go unfinished.

ANN wrote:
News: Bones Makes Late Director Iida's Last Anime Towa no Kuon
posted on 2010-12-31 07:18 EST
Takeshi Mori serves as "collaborative director" with Cowboy Bebop, Patlabor designers

The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Gundam Ace magazine reports that the anime studio BONES is producing a project called Towa no Kuon. The director was Umanosuke Iida (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Hellsing), who passed away in November. Takeshi Mori (Otaku no Video, Gunsmith Cats, Vandread) is serving as the "collaborative director" in Iida's place, and Saizo Nemoto (Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou 2nd Act, Shangri-La script writer) is supervising the scripts.

Toshihiro Kawamoto (Gundam 0083, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain) is designing the characters and overseeing the animation process. Yutaka Izubuchi (Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Gundam 0080, Patlabor) is credited for the concept designs, while his frequent collaborator Shingo Takeba (Gasaraki, RahXephon, Patlabor WXIII) is also credited for "design works."

Iho Narita and Takashi Aoi are designing the background art, and Yutaka Nakamura (Escaflowne TV's opening, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa) is serving as the "special effects director." The other main staff members include Kenji Mizuhata, Tsunenori Saito, and Takeshi Yoshioka.

BONES aims to finish the first episode by next summer. While Gundam Ace has not provided specifics on the anime's story, it does present several sketches that Iida himself drew of an alternate-dimension gate and other elements.

Update: More background information added.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 1:33 pm 
Major Contributor

Congratulations to Miyamura-san on her new bundle of joy. :D
ANN wrote:
Interest: Voice Actress Yuko Miyamura Expects 2nd Child in July
posted on 2011-02-04 23:22 EST
Voice of Eva's Asuka, Street Fighter's Chun-Li had 1st child 7 years ago

Voice actress Yuko Miyamura revealed at her live concert and in her blog on Friday that she is expecting her second child at the end of July. "Miyamū" noted it has been about seven years since the birth of her first child in 2004. Her morning sickness began at the end of last November.

Miyamura played Asuka in Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series and in the second film in the ongoing four-film remake, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance (Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Ha). Miyamura is also well-known for voicing Chun-Li in the Street Fighter game series and Kazuha Toyama in the Detective Conan (Case Closed) anime franchise. She appeared in the video that explained the deadly game rules in the live-action Battle Royale film. Her songs have been used for the themes of My-HiME, Wedding Peach, and other series in which she also acted.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2011, 6:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Voice actress Yuko Miyamura revealed at her live concert and in her blog on Friday that she is expecting her second child at the end of July.

I didn't even know she had a first child... I'm so not interested in these people beyond their professional field and I avoid "VIP news" and gossip like the devil avoids holy water. Like, I only learned about Hayashibara Megumi's pregnancy because a Japanese friend told me about it. (Hm... that means that "Asuka's" and "Rei's" kids are the same age... that's remarkable in a way, I have to admit.)
What's more stunning is that Miss Miyamura is still performing live on stage. I mean, I love her voice acting and all, but, honestly, imho Miyamura Yûko just can't sing. She gives melodious vocal performances, which are cute, but I cannot imagine how she manages to be popular as a singer for years.
Hell, I did buy two of her CDs ("D'Arc Shadow" is sorta cool), but not so much because of her singing but because I simply like the "trademark" sound of her voice.

Examples:

I wanted to present "Ruktun or Die" as well, but I can't find it on YouTube.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next