Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 20th, 2017, 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 11:43 am 

Saw Marmaduke and Prince of Persia...both were entertaining....
The first one is clearly for kids..haha...and even than some animals try to be funny too much that it doesn't work...but has a good story so its watchable...
The latter was better than I expected...even though based on the games with the time control and all..the way it unfolds is good for even those who have never played it before (my father) so with or without the game..its good on its own :d^_^b:

PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 6:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
Marmaduke (...) is clearly for kids..haha...and even than some animals try to be funny too much that it doesn't work...but has a good story so its watchable...

You're the first one I have encountered who said something good about the movie. :sweat: I'm kinda interested, so I'll probably rent it one day.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 1:26 am 

Saw The Last exorcism....I don't mind these kind of movies with the camera..umm..how do I explain..well like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity (enjoyed these 2)....but wow....this was just horrible..I had high hopes seeing Eli Roth (Hostel...Cabin Fever) was somehow involved but...no...it was horrible...

Especially how it ends :vomit:

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 1:41 pm 
Major Contributor

Yesterday, i saw Batman: Under the Red Hood. I thought it was a rather interesting piece, especially considering it's the first time i believe that Jason Todd has been put to animated format. His method of dealing with criminals definitely differs from how Batman does it, considering how his weapon of choice is a handgun with life ending bullets.

In terms of the background characters, Nightwing was cool to an extent. His acrobatics are impressive, but unfortunately he has too many cheesy lines to form a stern likeability in that regard of personality. Alfred is how he always is, which is fortunate given the little screentime he's given. Matter of fact, Commissioner Gordon only had one scene at the bridge sequence. Bummer.

As for the Joker, his rendition here is a very great depiction of psychopathic, evil incarnate and how the whole Batman vs. Red Hood struggle eventually comes back to him in the end makes for a very powerful finale in the emotional spectrum.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2010, 5:15 pm 
Major Contributor

I just saw Cannibal Holocaust for the first time today in complete form. For the record, i did not throw up during the viewing. But i do have to say that the film's message was made pretty damn clear to me as i watched the atrocities committed by the "humans" on the "savages".

For the most part, i had a what the fuck look on my face as i watched the animal killings, and even some cringing on my part on all the brutality that came into play to make the "documentary". I wouldn't say i'm ashamed of having had the curiousness to open Pandora's Box at my own risk, i'm just aware of the overall message that we are very likely no different than those we consider the lower civilization. I concur 100 percent with the question the professor asked himself in the end: "I wonder who the REAL cannibals are?"

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 2:21 pm 
Major Contributor

Last night, i saw the theatrical cut of Alien 3 for the first time from start to end. All negative publicity aside, i found that it's not so bad. In fact, i find it better than Resurrection which may have been official Alien project but like many people remain certain to this day is that it doesn't have the REAL Ripley, just a clone. Doesn't bode well for the Ellen Ripley fan club establishment.

I say "theatrical cut" because i had seen the "special edition" from start to end a long time ago and though the theatrical release had popped up on cable several times, i never got to enjoy the full experience until i got my Alien 3 DVD and put it on the DVD Player and go from there. One of the things that i really liked about the movie was the Alien POV camera angle, especially in the final 20 minutes when the Alien is roaming all over the place, chasing the prisoners. The infamous ending is way better in the theatrical than it is on the special edition, in my opinion.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2010, 9:38 pm 
Regular

G-Core wrote:
The infamous ending is way better in the theatrical than it is on the special edition, in my opinion.
I remember watching this in theatres and many of us hated it, especially the underwater fight scene...
funny thing is that i do not remember there being any sort of different ending?
they both had the
Spoiler
alien popping out of her chest which she hugs down to their deaths

was there something else that i missed? perhaps my eyes were rolling too much and i missed it...

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 12:45 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
G-Core wrote:
The infamous ending is way better in the theatrical than it is on the special edition, in my opinion.
I remember watching this in theatres and many of us hated it, especially the underwater fight scene...
funny thing is that i do not remember there being any sort of different ending?
they both had the
Spoiler
alien popping out of her chest which she hugs down to their deaths

was there something else that i missed? perhaps my eyes were rolling too much and i missed it...

Actually, the special edition doesn't have that. Only the theatrical cut features that take on the scene. In the special edition, the scene is merely her falling into the hot lead and that's it.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 2:05 pm 
Regular

it does not? i will take your word for it and not dig out my dvds from storage to see...
in fact, that probably will be a plus for me since i think i kind of laughed in the theatre during that scene.

p.s. i do not know if everybody has watched the movie, you could hide the spoiler...

PostPosted: November 20th, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Major Contributor

I bought today and just recently viewed Gamera vs. Barugon. I have to say it was a refreshing change of pace and tone compared to it's predecessor. For one, depending on your point of view, you're given a complete break from the little kids who develop affections for the giant turtle and do stupid things that prove they lack a fair amount of I.Q. Also, despite the lesser time Gamera has in this second outing, the side story of the adult human characters dealing with the other creature was a journey of anticipation. Of course, conventional weapons do nothing against any kaiju but this film presented what happens when the scientific strategies that usually save the day in most of these genre films do some damage but prove futile as well. When those moments of desperation sink in on the human characters, the acting serves well. And of course, Gamera comes back in the end and saves the day. All in all, i can understand why it seems to be underappreciated since the audiences were not used to the switch in tone which is undeniably darker but i recommend it for all those tired of the overexposure of kids that just doesn't serve as their perfect cup of tea in a kaiju feature.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2010, 4:10 pm 
Major Contributor

Through Youtube, i was able to see the Lucio Fulci film The Beyond. I wanted to see that one for a long time since i'm a fan of Fulci's work during that time. I loved Zombi 2 aka Zombie as well as City of the Living Dead and so The Beyond had a pleasant combination of what made the other two movies i've seen by the Italian filmmaker great experiences. I do have to point out that i am getting tired of that sound effect that resembles drops of water going down a faucet whenever somebody's eye gets gouged and the blood pours out of the victim. :d-_-b: It just doesn't sound realistically like how it would happen in real life, but that doesn't usually happen in reality so i'll stop there. The effects of the kills were 50-50 such as when the guy who falls from the ladder at the library gets his face eaten by a bunch of hungry tarantulas. How the guy didn't manage to at least squeal while they bit his mouth, nose, eye, and tongue is a bummer. The scene in the morgue with the dead mother on the floor and having a dropped vial of acid poured on her face is one for the record books since that one looked very realistic as far as i can tell. Later, near the end when the little daughter tries to attack the female lead in the hospital and the male lead who is shooting the army of zombies getting closer to them sees that, the level of accuracy in which he manages to shoot the girl's head off and the way the effect comes out, it's really incredible. :clap: All in all, of the three Lucio Fulci movies i have seen from start to finish, i would rank The Beyond as the best one i've seen thus far :d^_^b: with Zombi 2 sharing the coveted second spot and City of the Living Dead hanging in there in the bronze session.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 12:38 am 
Post Master

Watched a few recently after being scarred by Shadow Skill.

Spider-Man 2: It was a good movie, more than you can expect from a sequel in most cases. I do think the original is more consistent and memorable, of course.

Trailer Park Boys Movie 2: Similar to the first movie in terms of quality. It's not as funny as the main series but it's worth watching anyway.

The Wrestler: It was a fine movie but I wasn't satisfied with the ending.
Spoiler
He just ended up where he started.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 11:00 am 
Major Contributor

Thanks to the internet and it's download capacity, i finally got to watch Stoic. I have to admit, it was a definite gutpuncher and eye opener. Even though it's a film directed by Uwe Boll, it's not based on a video game and it is actually good at conveying it's message. The character dynamics between the four inmates were well explored and when everything starts to go south for one particular prisoner, the amount of abuse and torture that the other three inflict on him is downright graphic and really makes one feel absolutely sorry for the poor soul.

The film shows us the scenario of what went down during that period of the fourth prisoner being forced to suffer by the three fellow inmates and shifts back and forth to the interrogations of the three prisoners who abused the guy. It is really horrifying in a way the reactions that come out of them with one of them feeling true remorse for his actions to the point of breaking down mentally, but the other two are mostly dodging the questions, saying it wasn't really their fault, and feeling no remorse at all for their actions when they were the two who were most abusive and violent to the one who suffered. Even though the remorseful one was the one who started the idea of abusing the fellow, he started to feel bad about it even when the situation was going down and getting worse with each dreadful act the unlucky prisoner was forced to endure. And he also seems to state a very accurate picture of what it's like to survive in a prison which harkens back to what W. said one time to countries around the world: That you are either with them or against them. You're either on the side of the really bad apples even if you don't like it but don't want to suffer the same fate as the ones whom don't comply to their iron fist.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 9:13 pm 
Post Master

I watched Ong-Bak. There's not much else to it, but fighting was all it needed. The fight scenes are fucking amazing, and the constant raising of tension in fights is something no Jackie Chan movie has done for me before.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2011, 5:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I watched Ong-Bak. There's not much else to it, but fighting was all it needed. The fight scenes are fucking amazing, and the constant raising of tension in fights is something no Jackie Chan movie has done for me before.

I'm usually not interested in fight movies (I do like Bloodsport, though) but since you praise it maybe I should risk a glance at Ong-bak.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next