Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Opening and Ending contest!!
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 8:44 pm 
Lurker

Very well, how about the openings to Bokusatsu Tenshi (song name: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan) and Lucky Star (Motteke! Serafuku)? Oh, and Rhythm Emotion from Gundam Wing - fairly certain that was used as an intro a few times... And of course, Tank from Cowboy Bebop.
Oh, and that Ready, Steady, Go! intro from Fullmetal Alchemist! :D
EDIT: And the intro to FMP: Fumoffu (Sore ga Ai, Deshou). There's a few new ones there at least. :)

Last edited by rory_okane on August 29th, 2010, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2010, 9:48 am 
Resident Scholar

And still not a single person has linked to any YouTube video... :mrgreen:
Wolfwood, you might have said that posting a video wasn't really necessary, but I believe it is. I mean, it's unlikely that everyone knows all the nominees, isn't it?

PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 10:54 pm 

42317 wrote:
And still not a single person has linked to any YouTube video... :mrgreen:
Wolfwood, you might have said that posting a video wasn't really necessary, but I believe it is. I mean, it's unlikely that everyone knows all the nominees, isn't it?

What I had in mind was to enter every nomination into the contest and then we would vote based on videos, so we'd have to post them. I'll update the list in the first post shortly and see how many nominated OP and EDs we have.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 3:31 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
What I had in mind was to enter every nomination into the contest and then we would vote based on videos, so we'd have to post them.

Okay, it can be done that way round, too. To find them quicker I'll post links to the videos now without embedding them.

So, my entries:

Anime: Atashi'n'chi
Song: Kite kite atashi'n'chi

Anime: ....

... and it came to a crunching halt. Not that I didn't have more entries... it's just that my internet is so slow it takes me forever to load a 1:20 clip... and I have to listen to all those that I remember as being good to select the "right" dozen.
I'll be back tomorrow for a second try.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 10:33 pm 
Lurker

You want a Youtube videos?
Bokusatsu Tenshi (song name: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan):

Oh, and here's number two - so similar it might as well be the same song (just another verse and version!)

(particularly like the bits where she's listing the various tortures she inflicts - kawaii sadism.) :sweat:

Lucky Star (Motteke! Serafuku):

Tottemo kawaii desu, ne? :D

Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing: Rhythm Emotion:

Massive nostalgia trip - conjures up images of Deathscythe cleaving through hapless Taurus Mobile Dolls - or better yet, Zechs in the Epyon Gundam
Spoiler
cleaving all the way down Fortress Barge's main cannon, stopping it from firing and setting off a chain reaction and destroying Fortress Barge.
Class. Couldn't find the original video opening with this, but I know I've seen it. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist Intro 2: Ready Steady Go (by L'arc en Ciel):

Exuberant and catchy - everything an anime intro should be.

(on behalf of whoever put it forward) Full Metal Panic!: Tomorrow

I don't know why I love this song - it just makes me happy. Intro video is pretty cool
(Note: from Episode 18 onwards (I think) - they use the second verse of the song and different visuals. Still epic.)
The anime is an absolute JOY to watch.
So, incidentally, is...

Full Metal Panic!?: Fumoffu: Sore ga Ai, Deshou

A light comic series with the emphasis on Sosuke attempting to fit in as a school student in Japan. The rugby episode is CLASS, as is the one with the Bonta-kun raid on a Yakuza gang. And the intro is very upbeat and happy and aww. Smiles.

Love Hina: Sakura Saku:

First anime i ever owned. Lovely intro to all the characters, and what's in store for Keitaro - namely, a WORLD OF PAIN. Oh, and some anime totti that he promised to go to Toudai with from his childhood.

Cowboy Bebop: Tank

Pure awesomeness with two scoops of win - who'd have thought that jazz and space cowboys would work so well? What a tune - it's something I've had on in the background and my parents have asked me what it was, as even THEY liked it! As one of the first anime I ever saw (back when it was on Toonami in the UK - hell, just before I joined this forums, inspired by this show, in the quest to find more anime goodness), the intro made a massive impression. Also, probably the most mature one i'd seen in terms of character design, themes, and bloodiness.
Incidentally - here's a version of that intro re-done for Lucky Star - be afraid at how well it works:
(and yes, at, 0:41-44, that is Bonta-kun from FMP:Fumoffu and Sergeant Frog you see - they're both in the anime - Bonta-kun as a plush toy, and Sergeant Frog as a pendant attached to a mobile) :D
So, there's a few to be getting on with! :D

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Resident Scholar

rory_okane wrote:
You want a Youtube videos?

Well, going all out with the videos wouldn't be needed until later, but, yeah, that's a nice collection you posted.
I would like to go on with mine, but my connection has been creepingly slow theses days... furthermore I was busy with labor exchange appointments, looking for suitable jobs, enlarging my Gravure collection, and playing StarCraft. Enjoying one's freedom sure consumes a lot of time! :mrgreen:
But I have not forgotten about this, so I'll go on once my internet connection is back to normal. There seems to be no hurry anyway, right?

PostPosted: September 10th, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Regular

i will take my time and post the 12 videos i like. they will be old since i stopped watching anime a few years ago.

PostPosted: September 14th, 2010, 10:48 am 
Resident Scholar

Okay now, I'll try to get this list of mine rolling, but it's a tough choice... so:

Anime: Atashi'n'chi
Song: Kite kite atashi'n'chi
Golden memories on my part and beautiful interpretation of "Pomp and Circumstance".

Anime: Bôbobo
Song: Shiawase
Fine example of Japanese Punk Rock music.

Anime: Air Master
Song: Rolling 1000 tOON
This is so weird... :mrgreen: I really like the running animation.

Anime: Area 88
Song: Mission (Fuga)
One of the best modern interpretations of Bach's "Fuga" I ever came across. Fits greatly into the pictures imho.

Anime: Bakemonogatari
Song: Kimi ga shiranai Monogatari
I admit I find the song far more appealing than the animation, but it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it.

Anime: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Song: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
I have heard better songs and singing, but it teaches you interesting vocabulary. :lol:

Anime: Chikyû Bôei Kazoku (Earth Defense Family)
Song: Hana no Katachi
Touching song by Arai Akino. I must get one of my Japan contacts to send me the single (used for 110 Yen? I must have it!). Apart from that, together with the picture shown, it impressingly emphasizes the condition of the Daichi family during the show.

Anime: Detroit Metal City
Song: Satsugai
Clearly one of my most beloved openings. Catches the mood perfectly.
Why this verion is mirrored I can't tell.

Anime: Hatarakiman
Song: Hataraku Otoko
Good pace, good song, good animation. All I need.

Anime: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yûutsu
Song: Hare Hare Yukai
Main stream, maybe. Overused, surely. But this ending animation still has one of the best dance choreographies in Anime history.

Anime: Pani Poni Dash
Song: Kiiroi Vacances
Great color work, it's like an LSD trip and fits the series perfectly. I like the song "Shôjo Q" better but imho it doesn't suit the mood as well as "Kiiroi Vacances" does.

Anime: Lodoss-tô Senki (Record of Lodoss War)
Song: Kiseki no Umi
Just wow. One of the best songs ever made imho, and an opening with great pictures/song choice.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2010, 8:32 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Alright here's my somewhat eclectic set of 12. Tried to mix in some of the more well-known titles (like Samurai Champloo, Gungrave and Ergo Proxy) with some less well known ones (like Nazca, Sadamitsu, and Nightwalker). Hopefully there will be a little something for everyone! I've noticed a couple of ones I was thinking of have been posted already with some Cowboy Bebop, Lodoss, Gundam Wing and Last Exile being thrown into the ring. Those will be tough to vote against if they come up against some of mine!

Wolf's Rain Ending "Gravity"
Such a hauntingly sad end song, which fit just perfectly with the tone of the series.

Sadamitsu Opening "Tune from TSC (Breeeed)"
A little spanish/mexican flair is interesting to see in an anime title, and it really gets you pumped for the coming episode. (I love the Sadamitsu/Crow stare-down lol).

Captian Harlock the Endless Odyssey Opening "The Endless Odyssey"
A grandiose score that speaks to the seriousness and gravity of the epic space battles to come.

Samurai Champloo Opening "Battlecry"
Have to include a little samurai hip-hop done right (ya I'm looking at you Afro Samurai). I've always been a fan of the opening and ending themes, so it was a must to include in the battle.

Samurai Champloo Ending "Shiki No Uta"

Nightwalker Opening "Gessekai"
A title most of you are probably unfamiliar with focusing on a Vampire detective and his many strange cases. I love the dark, heavy tones it lends to the series.

Nazca Opening "Ai no Fugue"

Lunar Legend Tsukihime Opening "The Sacred Moon"
Powerful in its sadness, this dark opening is a great fit to the series and one I quite enjoy.

Gungrave Opening "Family"
Gives such a great feel of this strange friendship and comradery that's constantly being assailed by some crazy looking guy with two huge guns. "Family" indeed :D

Ergo Proxy Opening "Kiri"
Speaks to the heart of the series. People wanting to be rescued from their city prisons and to go out into the unknown away from the control of those in power.

Gasaraki Ending "Love Song"
One of my favorite songs. I would always love to get to the end of an episode so I could hear it again. Which wasn't always easy (Gasaraki is one of the slowest series I have seen, though I did rather enjoy it overall).

Orphen Opening 2 "Kimi wa Majutsushi"
For a title that wasn't terribly good, I have to say I like quite a few of its opening and ending songs.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
Alright here's my somewhat eclectic set of 12.

Eclectic, huh. I like your choice of words. Eloquent, as I once said. :D

Acmurphy wrote:
Hopefully there will be a little something for everyone!

Yeah, they say the bait has to suit the fish and not the fisherman... but this is not an advertising contest you know! :lol:

Acmurphy wrote:
Nazca Opening "Ai no Fugue"

Haha, your Bach against mine, so to speak. :d^_^b:

PostPosted: September 17th, 2010, 11:40 pm 
Lurker

I know I don't post very often if ever, but I do visit the boards a lot.
I'll post 12 in the next day or so, I have to think about it.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2010, 5:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

CommonDeer wrote:
I know I don't post very often if ever (...)

But you should! Share your thoughts.
It's actually a bit lonely around here these days...

PostPosted: September 21st, 2010, 10:42 pm 
Lurker

Alright here be my list, in no particular order:

1. Death Note Opening 2 Wake Up People?!

2. Baccano! Opening Guns & Roses

3. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad Opening Hit in America

4. To Love Ru Opening Forever We Can Make It (May be a bit louder than the others)

5. Flag Ending Lights

6. Maria-Holic opening Hanaji

7. Clannad ending Dango Daikazoku

That's all I got, some I like and some are interesting or some what annoying and give me a chuckle.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2010, 9:20 am 
Lurker

How could I have missed Samurai Champloo? That show's intro is awesome! :D

PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 9:03 am 

52 nominated videos so far, 12 more and we would reach a good number to start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next