Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 1:17 pm 
Major Contributor

In the last week, i made a bit more progress with GTA IV by clearing the "Street Sweeper" mission and also the "Luck of the Irish" mission. I must say being a sniper is probably the best position for me. I'm somewhat in the process of helping Playboy X take out the Union at the construction site but aside from being in sniper mode and killing the 3 lookouts, going in there after the rest proves to be a task that will require some strategy thought galore since they're using grenades and i find that i really have to pay attention to what Niko says because he said to Playboy how he'll save at least one grenade for him to use after the mission's over which is in essence a double entendre in the sense that grenades will be used. Why else would Niko have 20 grenades at his disposal?

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 8:13 pm 
Major Contributor

After a very long break, i just played Crackdown and after a few more failed attempts, i finally wiped out Romanova of the Volk.

I had a good strategy going in which was to run above the base, take out the guard dog that being the one truck nearest to the cave Romanova was hiding, then from a distance just lock on to her and fire away. How i managed to win with that strategy was by changing from the standing position to the crouching position where i could safely for the most part gun down on Romanova from outside the cave. Accomplishing this gave me the Achievement of Expert Marksman.

Now all that stands between me and total Volk domination is the kingpin. Since my chances have gotten better after this one but they're not 100 percent, formulating a strategy and also getting the feel for the surroundings as well as dodging unnecessary grunt combat will take some time.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2010, 10:27 am 

I started No More Heroes 2 which though it is No More Heroes in the core..the presentation feels like Killer 7 (also made by the same group) so it feels as if both of them got mixed in together :sweat:

PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 9:19 pm 
Major Contributor

After so many failed attempts, i FINALLY cleared the "Snow Storm" mission of GTA IV. If i hadn't seen a walkthrough video last night on Youtube, i might've never been aware that there was a boat near the area where i could've escaped from the agents and laid low till the heat was gone. I would call this a bittersweet victory since i did feel like i got screwed somewhat when the twist during the exchange went down...

Anyway, i also got an easy mission for once with "Have a Heart" when Elizabeta basically did me a favor whacking that poser Manny and his camera guy. Much like Niko himself, can't say i'll miss him. Delivering their bodies to the doc was an easy peasy mission for once and i didn't have to ditch no cops since with the missions i've had at this point of the game, usually i have to prepare for the worst.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 5:34 pm 
Resident Scholar

I bought it years ago but never had the time or the endurance to play it to the finish: StarCraft!
Now I'm finally trying to push through, inclusing the Brood War add-on.
Quite nice, as it seems, although it becomes sorta repetitive, building a new base again and again and again, with a new troop type now and then to give it new impetus. You need to play against a human opponent to really have fun, obviously, but, to be honest, for that I lack the necessary coordination skills. I'm definitely a round-based strategy gamer.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 3:07 pm 
Major Contributor

The latest on GTA IV:

Completed the first Packie mission which was "Harboring a Grudge". Usually by the time one gets to the truck, grenades are used to deal with the gang members chasing after the goods but fortunately i didn't have to use one as my driving skills helped get us to the delivery point with hardly a scratch.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 10:12 am 

Ha some friends came over one night and played my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom on my the wii..and....now they appear every night :wtf:

Fun to see their ass getting kicked when they play online though :whistle:

PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 1:52 am 
Lurker

Starcraft2, Rome: Total War (with the mod Roma Surrectum II - for which I'm a historian and beta-tester), Company of Heroes (with the Battle of the Bulge mod), and occasionally Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II Chaos Rising. Blazed through Dragon Quest a few months ago - got rather upset by the ending after cultivating a relationship with Morrigan. Still, epic game! :)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 9:30 pm 
Major Contributor

FINALLY!!!

After so many failed attempts, more than 10 i'll bet, i passed the "Deconstruction for Beginners" mission of GTA IV. Oh sure, taking out the lookouts is easy but it's never been smooth sailing once you get down to the site. I did have plenty of fun wasting them fools with the grenades and all.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 9:43 pm 

Finally played the original Starcraft from beginning to end in single-player and hooked 2/3 kids. No Brood war or SC2- maybe for X-mas if I can get my income back up. Also had fun playing Portal but didn't have time to finish that yet because we finally released a game!! I know, quite shocking considering how long it took to get there... I really doubt that it will be to the tastes of anyone that haunts this site (target: girls 13-40, animal lovers), but I can't help but be a little relieved that not EVERYTHING I worked on turned into vaporware! Of course, I expected Apple to take much longer for approvals, so I really have to get going with the marketing- behind as usual! Anyway, that's been the game I've been playing (and playtesting) lately... I apologize if this post borders on spam, but I'm just so happy to have earned a tiny bit of my self-respect back.

So, I see a couple of people mention playing Starcraft 2... is it any fun?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 1:49 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
Finally played the original Starcraft from beginning to end in single-player and hooked 2/3 kids.

You beat me... I've been doing the same thing since I graduated two weeks ago but up to date I have only come as far as the middle of the Protoss section.
But I can beat you with Brood War because I already have it. :D

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 9:59 pm 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
Finally played the original Starcraft from beginning to end in single-player and hooked 2/3 kids.

You beat me... I've been doing the same thing since I graduated two weeks ago but up to date I have only come as far as the middle of the Protoss section.
But I can beat you with Brood War because I already have it. :D

I started a couple of months ago, so that was an unfair advantage for me. I'm not even sure what Brood War is... I assume it is Kerrigan's story, but do you get to play each of the 3 races again or is it just Zerg? Granted, I know I WANT the game, I'm just saying I'm unclear about the other details. :whistle:

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:56 pm 
Major Contributor

Played a bit of Ridge Racer 7 a couple of days ago. Still a bit rusty, but i have to admit that those experiences were probably the first time i wasn't so preoccupied to get 1st place. Just to get the feel for the course and keep on practicing until i've mastered how much i'm gonna drift on specific turns is totally worth the 7th place finishes i mostly got out of it.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 3:48 pm 
Resident Scholar

Finished StarCraft, finally!
And what a sucky final scene it has!
Spoiler
Tassadar steers his command ship right into the weakened Zerg Overmind like a Japanese Zero into a US battleship?

For whatever reason, I dunno. The battlefield was completely under my control and there was no more considerable resistance... no need for drastic measures... but player skill usually stands in a stark contrast to the dramatic needs of game storytelling. :sweat:

PunkDaddy wrote:
I'm not even sure what Brood War is... I assume it is Kerrigan's story, but do you get to play each of the 3 races again or is it just Zerg?

Well, it's a three-parter again, you play Protoss, Terrans, and Zerg, in that order.
This time the "real" Terrans (those from the Earth Directorate as opposed to the Terran Dominion) arrive to kick Arcturus' ass. I don't know more about it than that, having only seen the "Start Game" screen.
It looks like a complete new game, but I can't tell how many missions it has and all since it's officially only an "expansion pack".
A few more units have been incorporated for each team. For example I have heard that, after the Zerg have Mutalisk Guardians as a sort of bomber, now they get another Mutalisk aspect that specializes in aerial combat.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 5:56 pm 

42317 wrote:
Finished StarCraft, finally!
And what a sucky final scene it has!
Spoiler
Tassadar steers his command ship right into the weakened Zerg Overmind like a Japanese Zero into a US battleship?

For whatever reason, I dunno. The battlefield was completely under my control and there was no more considerable resistance... no need for drastic measures... but player skill usually stands in a stark contrast to the dramatic needs of game storytelling. :sweat:

Hehehe. So true! But I can imagine the production meeting with the animators wanting the budget to do three different animation endings depending upon how well the player was doing at the time. Producer: "Hell no! We're already over budget!" :mrgreen:

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
I'm not even sure what Brood War is... I assume it is Kerrigan's story, but do you get to play each of the 3 races again or is it just Zerg?

Well, it's a three-parter again, you play Protoss, Terrans, and Zerg, in that order.
This time the "real" Terrans (those from the Earth Directorate as opposed to the Terran Dominion) arrive to kick Arcturus' ass. I don't know more about it than that, having only seen the "Start Game" screen.
It looks like a complete new game, but I can't tell how many missions it has and all since it's officially only an "expansion pack".
A few more units have been incorporated for each team. For example I have heard that, after the Zerg have Mutalisk Guardians as a sort of bomber, now they get another Mutalisk aspect that specializes in aerial combat.

Oooh. New Units! I hope to find a reasonable way to pick that up soon...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next