Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Everybody Reading?
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 11:15 am 

Latest Naruto: so that's how it all began. Good chapter!

Latest One Piece: Yes!! After almost 600 chapters it seems we are finally going to get some information on Dragon.

Latest Bleach: Yes!! Gin, finish this manga in one strike!!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 2:46 pm 

Psyren Chapter 104. A great manga alternative to Bleach, characters are more interesting. Only problem I see happening is character overflow. A new set of bad guys just arrived and I hope they don't stick around.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 1:25 am 

Latest Bleach -
wolfwood wrote:
Bleach latest - I think the only good thing that could come out of Bleach right now would be if Gin
Spoiler
said he was never on Aizen's side, kills him and end the manga in the next three chapters
Hahaha!!! I called it!!!

Latest Naruto - what an emotional chapter, I never expected this...

Latest One Piece -
- and so the second half of the story begins, The new world!!! It looks awesome!

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 1:35 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Latest Naruto - what an emotional chapter, I never expected this...

I dunno what I was expecting, except for half of 9-tails being sealed within Naruto, and his parents passing. For some reason I felt like we were going to see Sasuke get the rest of 9-tails sealed within him (which is what I believe ended up happening), but I'm not sorry I didn't.
Spoiler
This arc was meant to be Naruto's mom explaining to her son how and why 9-tails had first been sealed within him to begin with, and going anywhere else would have distracted from that.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 2:05 am 

Bleach...hey now...I always liked Gin...so what can you expect from him? :d^_^b:

Naruto...emotional indeed...can't imagine this in the anime with a sad tune...

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 2:42 am 
Major Contributor

Naruto 505: Good stuff. Interesting stuff. The only thing really predictable about this chapter is that I kinda called it about Kisame, I just didn't expect Naruto to pull some kind of sensory shit like that...
Spoiler
He's got some funky-ass new form now, he was able to spot Shark Boy (er...Kisame...wanted to call him Sasori for some reason, though he's been dead a long time now...), and he's now able to use his father's teleportation technique (though not as well as the old man yet, going by Yamato's response to seeing it happen).

My only question: WTMF is Might Guy doing on that island? Seems like he's got a funny way of popping up every now and again when Kisame's around, but is Guy even supposed to know where those two are?

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 11:24 am 

Naruto:True....I wasn't expecting that guy either...but a good comic relief :sweat:
Naruto reminds me of Orochi from King of Fighters

Bleach:So we have a Frieza here :lol2:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 4:20 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Naruto:True....I wasn't expecting that guy either...but a good comic relief

For that reason - and the fact that I expect he'll have a rematch with Kisame for sure now, which I wouldn't mind - I'm actually glad he's around. I was just kinda WTMF about it at the time I'd read it, is all.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 1:56 am 

This week's Latest?

Naruto: Naruto finally becomes a cool guy... hahaha, Sharkboy (good one Shgarland) is hilarious
Spoiler
"Even I can't take too junchuruikis (I know I spelled it wrong) and a wood element user at a time"

Bleach: It just gets more and more annoying!! Gin failed miserably...

One Piece: A new beginning.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 5:28 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Naruto: Naruto finally becomes a cool guy... hahaha, Sharkboy (good one Shgarland) is hilarious
Spoiler
"Even I can't take too junchuruikis (I know I spelled it wrong) and a wood element user at a time"

Spoiler
They can't let him get away, though, if the Jinchūriki were supposed to be on that island to be kept out of the war. They've gotta defeat him before he can get away or summon help, if the Gokage are going to keep them out of the war (though I don't really see those two staying out for long, anyway). Looking forward to seeing how that plays out in 506.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 1:07 pm 

Naruto: I am guessing the plant guy will show up to help in this upcoming fight. On another note...I don't see Naruto ever needing to use Sage mode now...it sees easier to just use this new Nine Tails mode.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 1:03 am 
Regular

Mostly reading western comics lately, but I did read most of Franken Fran:

This series is an oddity. I like some aspects and some of the creativity (the kamen rider parody issues were interesting) but damn if it doesn't make me want to hate it at times (the pedo chapter, the theme park chapter). However, there's something that makes me want to go back to it. I did think the first chapter being a different solution to the first chapter of Black Jack was a pretty interesting but it's clear at times that the author hasn't studied biology more than a brief period.

otherwise:

Batlash + Batlash Guns and Roses: Rather intersting stories that actually hold up today. Bat is actually funny but the storylines can get serious without breaking the flow. Guns and Roses pretty much retells his origin and is a really good old west comic.

Suicide Squad: From the Ashes...Ostrander at his best. Period. The only issues of this quality he's done since were the three parter Suicide Squad/Secret Six cross over with Simone and I highly reccomend you check that out (even if you didn't like Blackest Night, this was really bad-ass)

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 12:52 pm 

Cab329 wrote:
Mostly reading western comics lately, but I did read most of Franken Fran:

This series is an oddity. I like some aspects and some of the creativity (the kamen rider parody issues were interesting) but damn if it doesn't make me want to hate it at times (the pedo chapter, the theme park chapter). However, there's something that makes me want to go back to it. I did think the first chapter being a different solution to the first chapter of Black Jack was a pretty interesting but it's clear at times that the author hasn't studied biology more than a brief period.

I haven't tried reading this one yet, I had read somewhere that it was pretty much gore, gore, and more gore.
Would you recommend it based on its storyline?

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 2:05 pm 
Regular

wolfwood wrote:
I haven't tried reading this one yet, I had read somewhere that it was pretty much gore, gore, and more gore.
Would you recommend it based on its storyline?

Honestly, no. The first real story arc (that might actually last more than a couple of chapters) just showed up and most of the stories are just excuses for gore/dark comedy. Like I said, even I'm not sure why I keep going back to it.

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 10:09 am 

Naruto:One of those chapters that go by too fast hahaha...and a sprained ankle? :blink:

Bleach:Ha I see this as a moderon DBZ....you know how Goku always arrives at the right time?...or arrives late depending on how you see it...
Spoiler
I do hope Gin survives somehow..haha always saw him as my fav character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next