Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Everybody Reading?
PostPosted: June 16th, 2010, 9:45 pm 

Naruto 499 - great chapter!! I'm starting to believe again in this manga! Can't wait for chapter 500!!
Bleach 408 - can it get any worse? There is nothing new, creative, or cool about the latest turn of events...

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 8:01 pm 
Major Contributor

Never really stopped believing in the manga (though I've only been reading online since Sasuke vs. Itachi, I think). I'm pretty hopeful though. I'm kind of wondering where the hell that last panel's gonna go. (It kind of implies Madara may have killed her, if he's responsible for the rampage that saw the nine-tails sealed within Naruto.) I also wanna see Kisame make his move. I would have assumed that either he'd have done so while Naruto was learning to control the nine-tails, or just after (which means if he's gonna do it, it should be within the next chapter or so).

Why no chapter next week, though? Another golden week?

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 9:59 pm 

shgarland wrote:
I also wanna see Kisame make his move. I would have assumed that either he'd have done so while Naruto was learning to control the nine-tails, or just after (which means if he's gonna do it, it should be within the next chapter or so).
I doubt Kisame would like to take on two Jinchūrikis at the same time. He is going to make his move once he is alone with Naruto, or perhaps he'll gather all the information he can, turn into a shark, dive into the sea and swim until he gets to Madara...
Quote:
Why no chapter next week, though? Another golden week?
No chapter next week?! Maybe he is working on a special issue for the 500th chapter... :booyah:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 4:41 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
I doubt Kisame would like to take on two Jinchūrikis at the same time. He is going to make his move once he is alone with Naruto, or perhaps he'll gather all the information he can, turn into a shark, dive into the sea and swim until he gets to Madara...

Madara's been shown to be able to teleport both himself and others in the past. He and Sasuke could show up to back up Kisame.

You've got a point though; even then, it'd be a bit much.

wolfwood wrote:
No chapter next week?! Maybe he is working on a special issue for the 500th chapter... :booyah:

That could be. It is chapter 500, after all. It's kind of like Batman and Superman both hitting #700.

It was at the bottom of the last frame this week, though, as I remember: no chapter next week. Been through it a couple of times, now.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 2:25 pm 

Bleach 408 - well, another power up on the way...

One Piece 589 - good chapter. That was the finals chapter of the flashback, that explained pretty much everything that happened between Luffy and Ace when they were kids, how they met, how they became brothers, their goals. Before, I saw Ace as an almost invincible character almost cold, this flashback gave him a humane side and showed in a way his weaknesses.
Only left now is to get to Luffy's mother, Dragon's story and his plans to overthrow the world government. That will unleash all of One Piece's potential.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 4:47 am 
Major Contributor

Naruto 500
Spoiler
Who's the new guy? I suppose the they eye in the mask is in the right spot, but it's otherwise not the same as Madara's. Madara could have easily changed masks since then (making it possible to still be him), but even then, why be so mysterious about it?

Although I didn't post it at the time, I've also picked up Brightest Day #4 recently. Didn't plan on it; actually plan on buying July's non-SJ comics from Atomic's web store like I had been before the last couple months... But I ended up out there for something totally different and had time to pick the book up. (Still gonna get my other stuff online, because it wasn't out yet at the time and I'm really not up for another run out that far. Wouldn't have done it last time, if I didn't want the magazine-sized comic box...)
Spoiler
Cover's a bit misleading, as Black Lantern Firestorm didn't actually appear (unless it was meant to be indirect), which is possible, when I think back to what actually did happen. Hawk also made a request of Deadman this time out. If the Black Ring couldn't raise his brother during Blackest Night, however, why is he so sure the White Ring will? Yeah, it's raised a dead bird and an entire forest lately, it's just... I think the 12 that were raised at the end of Blackest Night were raised for a reason, and that reason requires it only be the 12 that actually came back, and not the original Dove as well...

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 12:47 am 

shgarland wrote:
Naruto 500
Spoiler
Who's the new guy? I suppose the eye in the mask is in the right spot, but it's otherwise not the same as Madara's. Madara could have easily changed masks since then (making it possible to still be him), but even then, why be so mysterious about it?
Maybe Madara is been gone since his fight against the first, and the guy at that time and now is an impostor after all... that would explain why they haven't revealed his face yet. I think someone here had already mentioned that possibility. But who can it be? another character we don't know of yet?...

One Piece latest - sweet chapter, Luffy is going to get on his feet again and be reunited with his crew once again!!

Bleach latest - more of the same stuff...

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 1:10 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Naruto 500
Spoiler
Who's the new guy? I suppose the eye in the mask is in the right spot, but it's otherwise not the same as Madara's. Madara could have easily changed masks since then (making it possible to still be him), but even then, why be so mysterious about it?
Maybe Madara is been gone since his fight against the first, and the guy at that time and now is an impostor after all... that would explain why they haven't revealed his face yet. I think someone here had already mentioned that possibility. But who can it be? another character we don't know of yet?...

I remember thinking maybe it was Obito – isn't the left eye (the one Obito gave Kakashi) also the one that Madara has covered? - but I've already had that debate already some time ago in this thread.

I think the thought only comes to me because I've reread the Kakashi Gaiden arc, though...

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 7:03 pm 

shgarland wrote:
wolfwood wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Naruto 500
Spoiler

I remember thinking maybe it was Obito – isn't the left eye (the one Obito gave Kakashi) also the one that Madara has covered? - but I've already had that debate already some time ago in this thread.
I think the thought only comes to me because I've reread the Kakashi Gaiden arc, though...
Yea, although I can discard Obito as "the new guy", it's not impossible for him to be "Madara".

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 8:33 pm 

Naruto & Bleach....
First Bleach...yeah it does feel more like the same...but in a way if its finishing already than its ok...

Now Naruto..I think it was I who mentioned back when umm....damn it...that Kabuto guy?...when he summoned those dead bodies...that maybe Madara's surprise with one of the bodies was that it was in fact the real Madara...which is why Kabuto says he can keep a secret...
But who knows :sweat:

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 11:58 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Yea, although I can discard Obito as "the new guy", it's not impossible for him to be "Madara".

this is the mentality i'm working from when it comes to the thought of it. i discard it as well now, but it's not impossible. the only unanswered question is how he managed to survive (and subsequently recover from) his entire right side being crushed (which is what's supposed to have killed him, as i remember).

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 9:54 am 

Naruto:It's very interesting to see how it all began :d^_^b:

Bleach:hmm Bleach is still entertaining in a way...I mean they have sooo many characters to play with :sweat:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 10:40 am 

Latest Naruto: very very interesting chapter.
Spoiler
So it is Madara after all.
I really want to see what the fourth was capable of now.

Latest Bleach: best chapter in ages, but that's only because
Spoiler
Don Kanonji's appearance
cracked me up.

Latest One Piece: it only gets better and better!!!

Last edited by wolfwood on July 9th, 2010, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 10:29 pm 
Major Contributor

I haven't read the new Naruto yet. The mangahelpers stopped posting, and my other two places (endless naruto and one manga) haven't posted yet. Unfair of me to whine about reading about Madara before reading 501, because it's not as if I haven't been spoiler heavy myself lately...

Did get this month's order from Atomic, though. Didn't bother with Brightest Day this time because I was able to get into the store and pick up #4 (and the next two issues aren't out yet), but I did pick up Green Lantern #55 and Madame Xanadu: Exodus Noir.

Green Lantern 55: The main story has Lobo going after Atrocitus, the top dog of the Red Lantern Corps, with Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and Carol Farris coming to the Red Lantern leader's aid.
Spoiler
In the end, the reason why Lobo walks away too easily for Hal's liking is because Atrocitus himself hired the bounty hunter to do it specifically to get the other 3 lanterns to side with him. Leaves me wondering WTMF is going through big grumpy's head...

Other stuff from GL 55 include how the cat I believe to be Dex-Starr became a Red Lantern, and a preview of Action Comics 890. (Can't fucking believe that book's 10 issues out from turning 900... Or that the older book, Detective Comics, will end up doing so well after that I think...)

Madame Xanadu: Exodus Noir: Picked up this one because I've bought Madame Xanadu: Disenchanted from Atomic as well. Whereas Disenchanted had the first 10 issues of Vertigo's Madame Xanadu ongoing series, Exodus Noir collects the next 5 issues. Haven't had time to read it yet, but the back has the primary story set in NYC of 1940, with flashbacks of the title character's life in medieval Spain occurring from time to time.

Editing to avoid double posting:

wolfwood wrote:
Latest Naruto: very very interesting chapter. So it is Madara after all. I really want to see what the fourth was capable of now.

Now that I've actually read it...

Good chapter. Felt extremely short, but most chapters like this do IMO. I think the only reason we had to doubt it was Madara was that they teased it may not have been at the end of last week's chapter. Another thought:
Spoiler
I've suspected for some time now that part of nine-tails may have been sealed into Sasuke. This is one thing I really wouldn't mind being wrong about, I just dunno who else that other kid could be, or why else he's even being brought up given where Ma's story is going...

PostPosted: July 9th, 2010, 11:09 am 

Spoiler
Has to be Sasuke..they did show him as a baby before Naruto was born...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next