Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top 5 of the day!!!
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 2:51 pm 
Major Contributor

PunkDaddy wrote:
I think the number one worst music celebrity should be:

YOKO ONO (warning, she does "sing" in this video)- Not only did she have delusions of being able to sing, but she helped break up the Beatles!

:shock: :blink:

First off, let me just say this song would've worked better as an instrumental piece. Now to the nitty gritty: WTF WAS THAT?! :vomit: If audiences had ANY real sense, they would've booed her off the stage but instead they actually applauded. I had to stop watching after the song was over cause not only does she make the most ridiculous sounds and wails, but you got a definite point bout her being one of the absolute worst. Also, the lyrics were basically repeated over and over so what kind of master writing do you call that?! John and Yoko MUST'VE been high when writing it, there's just no other way this would be considered acceptable. But then again, John must've been the high one ever since meeting her because supposedly her mental grip on him was so tight, people not only think she broke up The Beatles, but John would pretty much do anything she asked of him. Like an obedient dog following his master's orders, sad to say.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 3:43 pm 

G-Core wrote:
:shock: :blink:

First off, let me just say this song would've worked better as an instrumental piece. Now to the nitty gritty: WTF WAS THAT?! :vomit:

:lol2: :lol: :lol2: :clap: You put it much better than I did. Sorry to put you through that! :mrgreen:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 10:24 pm 

PunkDaddy wrote:
YOKO ONO (warning, she does "sing" in this video)- Not only did she have delusions of being able to sing, but she helped break up the Beatles!
Now I understand why they broke up!!! I would've too if John Lennon brought someone to sing like that on stage... she is not just tone deaf, my dog could've sang better than that... :vomit:

G-Core wrote:
Top 5 Worst Music Celebrities
5. Kevin Federline
4. Ashlee Simpson
3. Lady Gaga
2. The Jonas Brothers
1. Justin Beiber
I never heard of Kevin Federline before, I know who Ashlee Simpson is but I haven't heard any of her music either, I don't watch MTV or listen to radio anymore, only to music I download.

Lady Gaga, I know she is very famous, she is everywhere on the internet, the newspaper, but I haven't listened to any of her songs either.

On the other hand The Jonas Brothers are awesome!! I'm just kidding of course. I don't think they are so bad, I mean their music certainly sucks, but the message they carry is innocuous to the children, which is their market I believe, so no complaints there.

And wow, this is the second time this week I hear Justin Beaver's name. My friend's little brother, he must be around 7 wanted to show us a song on youtube... we thought he meant Justin Timberlake so we declined... lol... who is this Justin Beaver anyway...
I'm going to find out right now: let's see, youtube dot com, search for Justin Beaver... oh that's Beiber?! LOL
Ok I checked, the kid is got songs with over a hundred million views... he is not just popular, he is a huge star, and he is what 12 years old. Singing along with Usher and Ludacris... I know who those two are. The kid is got talent I suppose. Either way it isn't something I'd listened to.

I checked on Lady Gaga: I watched a couple of videos, I'm going to get nightmares. THe videos are freaking scary. Her music is original I suppose.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 7:38 am 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Justin Beiber

wolfwood wrote:
Justin Beaver... oh that's Beiber?!

Sorry, you're both wrong. It's "Bieber", which is German for "beaver" alright.
Speaking of German:
I dunno what that means.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 6:30 pm 

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Justin Beiber
wolfwood wrote:
Justin Beaver... oh that's Beiber?!
Sorry, you're both wrong. It's "Bieber", which is German for "beaver" alright.
Speaking of German:
I dunno what that means.
HAhaha, I thought I had double checked the spelling of his last name on youtube.
The Beaver kid is not going to be so popular with the German audience after that comment... :D

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 5:49 pm 
Regular

G-Core wrote:
Top 5 Worst Music Celebrities
5. Kevin Federline
4. Ashlee Simpson
3. Lady Gaga
2. The Jonas Brothers
1. Justin Beiber

I never heard the others but I have heard Lady Gaga. I do not like her music but you guys have to admit that she is talented.
I do like this one though:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2010, 8:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Top 5 Least Scary Horror Icons
5. Leprechaun - Never seen any of his movies and don't much care to. A wee creature searching for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is supposed to make a convincing scary murderer?! What's next, the Easter Bunny has gone wild and his angry look scared teenagers to death so he doesn't have no weapons?!

4. Chucky - First off, it's a doll! That should give you an idea of what we're facing here. Having a not too convincing rabid face while killing victims, not good. Even worse is having to listen to his catchphrases he comes up after each kill. Sounds like a poor man's Freddy Krueger.

3. Samara Morgan - That little Americanization doesn't hold a candle of scary and menacing when compared, or better yet, contrasted to the original real deal. The look of eerieness on Sadako Yamamura's face, especially the one eye that can be seen, just before killing a protagonist once the seven day deadline is up and she comes out of the video tape to collect is true fear. In two movies of American screw ups, besides her look at the camera before saying her trademark quote that got cut out of the finished film, she pretty much has done nothing but bore viewers, myself included, to death.

2. The Blair Witch - Not only do we never see the old broad, but she is definitely part of one of the most overhyped, unscary "true story" movie projects ever seen. I'm telling you, the film is only truly scary after the first viewing. After that, you get tired of hearing sounds of rocks being moved about, kids laughing, and the "kidnapped" yelling, you're just hoping there will be at least a glimmer of the witch caught on the tape but even the ending deprives one of that opportunity. And they further dug their own grave with the sequel that once again shows no actual proof of existance of the true witch, just a group of obsessed fans killing a whole bunch of people, even some of their own and are obviously guilty with all the random footage of the crimes being flung at us every couple of minutes. Little wonder that after all this time, a third movie still hasn't and most probably will never be made.

1. Toshio Saeki - Make no mistake, i like the Ju-on/Grudge tales, but if you wanna look fear in the eye and be convinced that what you're seeing scares you out of your wits, you're better off skipping to every scene featuring the mother Kayako. Aside from the look at the stairs, all the white paint and makeup in the world couldn't make the kid look believably scary nor his cat mouth serve as a nice little consolation prize for the mockery that proves looking fearsome and scaring people to death doesn't run in the family.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 6:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
5. Leprechaun - Never seen any of his movies and don't much care to.

So, uh, why do you feel qualified to make a comment? Come on, it's like saying you didn't like Sushi because it's raw fish without ever having tasted some. :|

G-Core wrote:
4. Chucky - First off, it's a doll!

That's the point - it's a doll. Many people find dolls scary in a way, and you can find many examples in popular media. Realistically looking porcelain dolls for example give me the creeps. I'm not afraid but I feel somewhat uncomfortable in the presence of several of them. :sweat:

G-Core wrote:
2. The Blair Witch - Not only do we never see the old broad

Again, that's the whole point. A horror becomes scarier if you never really see it. It's the fear of the unknown, the attempt at imagining something unimaginable. The movie is scary BECAUSE you never really see anything. It makes perfect psychological sense. :wink:

And if I look for pictures of Toshio Saeki it seems like I'm getting pictures from Toshio Saeki. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 1:43 pm 

Ha I liked The Blair Witch...no music?....raw footage?...it all makes it feel more real and makes it scarier...like that movie Paranormal Activity..which I also enjoyed....but these 2 movies also depend on the atmosphere where you are watching them....and if you watch it with stupid friends who keep saying "ah thats stupid...ah how lame"....than you'll see it with another point of view and not enjoy it...but if that motherfu...stays quiet and is attentive..than you'll be sure to sleep with a teddybear....

As for the Leprechaun..I remember watching the first when little...and it wasn't half bad...but not so great either...one of those movies you don't care about watching after once...but what makes a Leprechaun appealing in a movie is its supposed magic...you can let your imagination run with gruesome ideas :lol2:
Its like the Wishmaster movies....

Now...good to see your list...now for mine...

Top 5 Least Scary Horror Icons

1.Jason X:Jason is a cool killer with his mask and all..haha..especially his machete....but that stopped the moment he went futuristic...I mean...wtf?...is that Shredder?

Attachment:
shred.jpg
shred.jpg [ 173.51 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]

2.That kid from Ju-on=The Grudge:I can't find a kid who meows scary...nope..not at all :shame:

3.The pollen from the Happening:ha I liked the mass suicides..but....pollen?....all the plants are the enemies?..haha...not a bad movie but...you can't fight against that...which makes it not scary at all..haha

4.You know what...as you can see with number 3...I'm out of ideas now...nothing else I can think of now...so..I'll be back for a future list :sweat:

PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 3:12 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Its like the Wishmaster movies....

I like the Wishmaster movies. I have all 4 on DVD, though the first one is probably the one i remember the least. I'm all about the direct-to-video sequels. :booyah:

Fresnokila wrote:
1.Jason X:Jason is a cool killer with his mask and all..haha..especially his machete....but that stopped the moment he went futuristic...I mean...wtf?...is that Shredder?

You got a point there. I actually never looked at it that way till you mentioned it. Looks like a Ninja Turtles baddie reject.

Fresnokila wrote:
2.That kid from Ju-on=The Grudge:I can't find a kid who meows scary...nope..not at all :shame:

HALLELUJAH! :bow: Another sees the light exactly as i see it. :d^_^b: You got the magic eye! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: July 21st, 2010, 4:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Top Five things today:

1. passed exam
2. my girlfriend
3. a shot of liquor
4. being back on Animetric for a visit
5. cold tea

PostPosted: July 21st, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Top Five things today:

1. passed exam
2. my girlfriend
3. a shot of liquor
4. being back on Animetric for a visit
5. cold tea

Lucky bastard! :sigh:

I don't even have an imaginary girlfriend, which easily tells how great my love life is. :(

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2010, 6:15 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
42317 wrote:
2. my girlfriend

Lucky bastard! :sigh:
I don't even have an imaginary girlfriend, which easily tells how great my love life is. :(

Don't be sad. You will still evolve. For example doing something challenging helps. Like fire-fighting, paramedics, tending to the needy, or boot camp. It boosts self-consciousness, and women tend to prefer self-conscious men.
Had I tried to ask a girl out before bootcamp I'd have suffered a heart attack from all that insecurity inside me. :sweat:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 8:50 am 

Same amount of posts as the other new ones I see today...but yeah a top 5 websites hmm...though dont remember if we did this one before...but here goes my recent top 5 I guess...

1.Gametrailers:I go here daily to see what new games are coming out and video reviews...tired of reading about them ha..

2.Extratorrent:Well if we're choosing a torrent site that would be mine...though I rarely download torrents now..I wait for my friend to do so and I steal from him...

3:Facebook:I guess this one too since I enter at least once a day..but its gotten really boring for me...its full of people whining or wanting attention...

4:Youtube:Ha I now recently been reading all my old videogame magazines and go to youtube to check games I read..ha to compare with today's games..

5:Deviantart:Actuallly its been almost 7 years since I've checked this site...I started to love it again this week..cleaning old deviations and adding new ones now...

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 1:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
1.Gametrailers:I go here daily to see what new games are coming out and video reviews...tired of reading about them

Since my computer is if not from the stone age then from the bronze age I have no whatsoever use for new game trailers. Besides I'm a fan of fading concepts like round-based strategy and third-person roleplaying games.

Fresnokila wrote:
2.Extratorrent

Hm, I haven't used a torrent site in a while. I often find stuff on sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filesonic, and what have you.

Fresnokila wrote:
3:Facebook

A site I don't need at all. All my needs are met by YouTube, for which I lack the time already. I'm also on MySpace but I haven't been there in a long time.

So, do I have a top 5 of websites?

1. Animetric, of course,
2. YouTube for obvious reasons,
3. Reading Tutor which saves me a lot of work when reading Japanese texts online,
4. Code Alpha because it is my own blog
5. Amazon, because it's for me the easiest way to get the DVDs, games, and most other stuff I am willing to pay for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next