Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 6:10 am 
Major Contributor

Bought Saw V from Blockbuster today.
Spoiler
Really didn't expect that ending for Brit and Mallick. The FBI agent...not so much.

Last edited by shgarland on February 17th, 2010, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 11:02 am 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
Bought Saw V from Blockbuster today. Really didn't expect that ending for Brit and Mallick. The FBI agent...not so much.

Maybe the part about the duo should be covered with the spoiler tag. You know, even though you didn't say a lot, you did pretty much give away who finishes the series of games so those who haven't seen the movie before might be let down if they read that before watching it. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 12:25 am 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Bought Saw V from Blockbuster today. Really didn't expect that ending for Brit and Mallick. The FBI agent...not so much.

Maybe the part about the duo should be covered with the spoiler tag. You know, even though you didn't say a lot, you did pretty much give away who finishes the series of games so those who haven't seen the movie before might be let down if they read that before watching it. Just my two cents.

Good point. Fixed.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:12 am 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
G-Core wrote:
shgarland wrote:

Good point. Fixed.

Happy to help! :)

PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 2:38 pm 
Major Contributor

House on Haunted Hill (1999) - Still a very fun ride from beginning to end. This time i saw it with my Pops and he loved it. Much more than the original even! I don't blame him, he grew up in that time where those black and white movies were scary when he was young but nowadays are just laughable. He loves those special effects laden flicks no matter what genre. Action, horror, you name it. Though on the no tricks side, he does love the drama filled cop and court pieces. I know i'm going a bit O.T. here, but case in point, he loved the movie as much as i did and that's the important thing. :D

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 1:45 am 

Lost in Translation. Great slice of life movie. The acting was wonderful and some of the most honest human emotions.

9. The animated movie...it was lame. Sure it looked good but the plot was weak along with the characters.

The Proposal. Top of the line romantic comedy. Had a predictable ending but still a good movie to watch.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 9:57 am 

G-Core wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Bought Saw V from Blockbuster today. Really didn't expect that ending ......................

Ha than why leave it in the quotes?...we can still see the spoilers =_=

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 10:44 am 
Major Contributor

That's a typo :P2: .

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 8:14 pm 
Major Contributor

Paranormal Activity - It was good... Good, not great. While Micah is sometimes sympathetic when he's trying to make the situation better, most of the time he was just an annoying jerk who definitely is somewhat at fault for it. Katie at times seems unbearable but when she reacts to things Micah does, like getting the Ouija board despite her constantly telling him not to get it and her annoyance at Micah due to never turning off the camera whenever she asks him to, one can sense that she's definitely pissed and he's being insensitive to her needs. The scares were sometimes effective but all in all, the method of banging doors and creating noise only works for certain scenes and sometimes it's just a cheap gag at attempting to scare the audience. So far, i have seen the theatrical cut and i will say that the end certainly had me literally jump back when i saw what went down. No lie there.

I don't think i'll be sharing this movie with my dad, not just because the movie was all bark and no bite *movie pun intended :mrgreen: *, but because even though he's seen this type of horror flick, he's just not a huge fan of camera PoV movies. We've seen some together and he usually is not too fond of all the shaky movement, although he did like Quarantine a lot since despite it being that type of movie, he loved the way the plot just made the whole shaky bits worth it. So for the record, despite my dad not being a hardcore lover of shaky cam flicks, his most favorite is Quarantine from all the ones we've seen. His second favorite is most probably Diary of the Dead for the same reason of the plot and also because there were multiple cameras used instead of one like most and i'm sure by now, he's forgotten all about Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project *I would expect him to not remember Blair Witch since we last saw it together years ago and as for Clover, he just wasn't really into it from the get go.*

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 11:57 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
That's a typo :P2: .

I fixed mine...

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 5:52 pm 

Couples Retreat-This is one funny, enjoyable movie. Vince Vaughn does an amazing job as usual in Couples Retreat. Couples Retreat is a comedy centered around four couples who settle into a tropical-island resort for a vacation. While one of the couples is there to work on the marriage, the others fail to realize that participation in the resort's therapy sessions is not optional. I give this 5/5 stars.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 11:34 am 

Finally saw District 9....at first I was thinking what a stupid movie...but than it grabs a hold on you...I mean you start wanting to punch the guy and all at one point :wtf:
Ha but in the end it was a great movie...different which is good :clap:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 12:10 am 
Major Contributor

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - It might not be the best movie ever but finally sharing the experience with my dad definitely proved that the movie does it's job of giving the audience a good dose of action and humor combined to form a pleasant experience. :) Both of us were totally captivated by Isabella Leong's beauty, even myself a lot more this time around. Her smiles have that feel good effect that rubs off on you and you're grateful that it did. :D I was very suprised that even Michelle Yeoh got to show off her beauty with the Chinese clothing she showed off in the beginning. Makes one wonder why she didn't get the chance back when she was a Bond girl back in Tomorrow Never Dies :wtf: ... The combat sequences are definitely of superb quality, especially when Jet Li shows his stuff like he always does! Maria Bello as the new actress for Evelyn does a somewhat good job but she definitely doesn't have the same beauty that Rachel Weisz has. Sometimes, she looks older than Brendan Fraser which was never a situation back when Rachel was still around. Speaking of Brendan, he's still a kickass lead and he certainly holds his own against Jet Li in the very short man to man battle they had. Though i do wonder how in the world does EVERYONE know martial arts?! Did the O'Connells have to learn it during the war period or something? :blink:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 1:38 am 

Fresnokila wrote:
Finally saw District 9....at first I was thinking what a stupid movie...but than it grabs a hold on you...I mean you start wanting to punch the guy and all at one point :wtf:
Ha but in the end it was a great movie...different which is good :clap:

Yeah, I had mixed feelings after watching District 9.

The Hurt Locker. Fantastic modern day war movie with a great cast. One of those movies that really leaves a great impression on you after you finish the movie. I hope they earn some awards this year. However I still am hoping Avatar wins Best Picture.

X-Files: I Want to Believe. Not a real fan of the series, just never got into it. Great thriller but don't expect it to contain a lot of science-fiction. I hope a third movie gets made with the alien plot re-introduced.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 2:39 pm 
Major Contributor

Paranormal Activity - After seeing it again this time with my dad, i believe the secret to enjoying this movie and liking it even more than the first time where most like me didn't is seeing it with an audience. That, and having a good sound speaker system. We saw it with the speakers on, not only did that amplify and make the sounds louder, it definitely made the experience for me a lot more scarier than the first time around. It's not a great movie, but now i have a more positive opinion of it and that's the ticket. I do have to note that even though dad saw this movie for the very first time today, the setup was so predictable at times since he could easily guess what was gonna happen next in some scenes and sure enough, what he had pegged as what was gonna happen did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next