Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mop Girl
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 9:44 am 
Resident Scholar

Mesmerized by the name Kitagawa Keiko, who played the role of SailorMars in the 2003/2004 show "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" (PGSM), I asked my girlfriend to download the 10 episodes televison drama "Mop Girl".

The lead character is Hasegawa Momoko who is working for a high-class catering service, but due to some mishaps she is transferred within the group to some other company called "Little Angels" - a crime scene clean-up team.

But Momoko has a mysterious power which she realizes only when it's too late: Whenever she touches something that was dear to someone who was murdered, she jumps back in time, nine hours, and accepts the responsibility to change history for people's lives. Back whe she was 11yo she was saved from being run over by a motorbike, by a woman who, hit by the bike and dying on the street, touched her hand and gave her a short headache.

It sounds a bit like "Quantum Leap", but other than the episodes of the US series I have seen, in "Mop Girl" it doesn't always work out. It happens that she saves a person, but the result is that someone else dies. For some reason unknown to the audience (and possibly to the author) she cannot again jump and save that other person, too. That may be a loop hole, but it makes the series more sympathetic in my eyes.

Keiko did a good job imho, and she displays a vivd ability of making faces that I enjoyed very much.
It's a comedy series that remains a comedy series despite serious elements, and I recomend it.

Post subject: Re: Mop Girl
PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 3:27 am 
Regular

i have only watched the first episode of mop girl and i absolutely loved it.
yes, the expressions were priceless. perhaps that is why i cannot get back into anime and am still stuck on watching korean, japanese and chinese movies.

nice reference to quantum leap. one show i loved to watch along with highlander back in the day.

Post subject: Re: Mop Girl
PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 7:29 pm 
Resident Scholar

I'm glad you liked it. :d^_^b: