Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Advice
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 2:31 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
^Yeah, I do see what you mean. I'm still interested and intended to watch it anyway, but I just wanted to hear a second opinion or two just to make sure if it's good or not. And the good ratings it got on ANN seems reassuring.

Thanks for the advice anyway! :)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 4:43 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I wish you luck. You'll probably like it more than I did so it might be worth a shot if you have nothing else really in the pipeline.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 2:47 pm 

I watched the first few episodes of Dragonaut and didn't care enough to continue watching. Overall I haven't heard many good things about it. The only things that the series has going for it are all the famous voice actors. And probably fanservice.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
I wish you luck. You'll probably like it more than I did so it might be worth a shot if you have nothing else really in the pipeline.

Thanks, Aaron! :D

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I watched the first few episodes of Dragonaut and didn't care enough to continue watching. Overall I haven't heard many good things about it. The only things that the series has going for it are all the famous voice actors. And probably fanservice.

The main reason why I'm interested in it is because it has dragons in it, at least from what I've read about it from ANN. Being a fan of dragons and all things giant and scaly, Dragonaut is officially now on my watch list. 8)

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 8:07 pm 
Lurker

Gojira wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

Storm_Shinobi wrote:

The main reason why I'm interested in it is because it has dragons in it, at least from what I've read about it from ANN. Being a fan of dragons and all things giant and scaly, Dragonaut is officially now on my watch list. 8)

So your Fan Service are dragons?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 8:19 pm 
Major Contributor

Libertista wrote:
So your Fan Service are dragons?

Weird... I usually think "fan service" means females in skimpy outfits that somewhat reveal their chest areas; the majority of the breasts, in particular, save for the nipple area, of course; tight pants that really show off the form of the girl's ass... Stuff like that. :d^_^b:

Unless a dragon actually has some of those qualities, i don't really see what's so "fan service" about that. :|

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 8:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Unless a dragon actually has some of those qualities, i don't really see what's so "fan service" about that. :|

Fan service = Serving the fan what he'd like to see.
Good fanservice in my case would be a row of classy Seiyû.
The shallow tastes of the majority have made the definition clearly one-sided, of course... :sweat:

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:

The shallow tastes of the majority have made the definition clearly one-sided, of course... :sweat:

Yeah, i guess so. With me, i always thought the definition of fan service only applied to the women factor. Since it's mostly what i would hear the two words intertwined with.

What seiyuu would be at the top of your list of good fan service?

Myself, hearing Kotono Mitsuishi and Megumi Hayashibara in the same scene together would probably take the cake for me! :booyah: Kikuko Inoue as well gives great fan service every time she speaks with her luscious voice. What i love about her voice is that it sounds seductive but i think unintentionally. Like, no matter how much she might try to disguise it, she can't help but have a very charming tinge to her voice. Which is just the way i like it! :D

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 5:26 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:

i would have to disagree on that definition. i think it must be something that is overtly sexual for no reason. since there is probably at least one person who can turn something into a fetish, that would make practically everything "fan service". which would make the term useless.

I actually hate fan service. by that definition that means everybody loves fan service because usually people watch something that they love to watch. be it, giant robots, dinosaurs, cars, or cat girls.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 6:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
42317 wrote:

i would have to disagree on that definition. i think it must be something that is overtly sexual for no reason. since there is probably at least one person who can turn something into a fetish, that would make practically everything "fan service". which would make the term useless.

Which is what I was trying to get at with my last sentence there.
Fan service is understood as flashing panties, bouncing boobs, and any extrapolation of the female physique - which is of course highly sexist, and it doesn't matter whether there are niche products with fanservice aimed at a female audience, because that, too, is sexism.
I don't mind the casual panty shot, but it becomes detestable when such scenes are too frequent and obvious.

G-Core wrote:
What seiyuu would be at the top of your list of good fan service?

That's not an easy question. I like Hayashibara Megumi for the tone of her voice although she is a rather bad technician. She opens her mouth and you immediately recognize her unless she's not speaking in the true sense of the word (compare her role in Cromartie). Same with Orikasa Ai. Horie Yui and Satsuki Yukino are always a joy for me, and in recent times I'd have to name Chihara Minori and Mizuhara Kaoru. Maybe Tanaka Rie also.
On the male side I'd make Wakamoto Norio, Yamaguchi Kappei, Yamadera Kôichi, Ueda Yûji, Sugita Tomokazu, and Shiraishi Minoru honorary mentions. :D

PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 2:18 am 

Gojira wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

Storm_Shinobi wrote:

If by dragons you mean.... 3D robo dragons with lasers and missiles.... yeah sure.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2010, 2:05 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
If by dragons you mean.... 3D robo dragons with lasers and missiles.... yeah sure.

Eh... that'll do too. :)

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 1:56 pm 
Major Contributor

Are there any anime series that are Lovecraftian-themed? I'm just curious that's all.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 2:16 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
Are there any anime series that are Lovecraftian-themed?

Dark Future Fantasy?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 12:21 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
Are there any anime series that are Lovecraftian-themed?

Dark Future Fantasy?

Lemme guess, it's a hentai right? :wtf:

Perhaps I've should have been more specific with my request, but thanks for the help anyway. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next