Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 11:23 am 

Hmmmm okay a few questions. I know our lists are based on our opinions, but how can you put rurouni kenshin and Samurai X in the same catagory. I know they're the same franchise but Samurai X is easily one of the greatest anime ever made, I thinks it's the best but heh that's me, also scrapped princess, Witch Hunter Robin, please twins, read or die awesome? If you say so.

In any case If I'm not mistaken you guys don't so much have a problem with the titles I have in my list so much as it's length. I'm not going to shorten it simply to make it appear more anime are of lesser quality just because I gave the list the 'legenary' title and think I should make it short because of such a title. Are all of those series not, beside a few of the newer ones, series any self respecting otaku are required to watch at least once, yes. Nuf said nuf said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 2:35 pm 
Regular

yeah, it is the length of your list. and i agree that samurai x is 10x better than kenshin. i should have pushed kenshin down a level.

we all have our reasons for placing them with whatever title we would like. i am sure that if i redo that list i made, it would change again. most likely i would drop some of them down from the list. i added those extra lists because i want people to watch them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 6:26 pm 
Major Contributor

Samurai X? Rurouni Kenshin? Samurai X is just the English title for the Rurouni Kenshin movie and OVA series. The original Japanese titles are simply Tsuiokuhen (meaning "recollection") and Seisouhen (meaning "time")

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 3:38 am 
Regular

true, but i can easily separate the two because of style. i much preferred the ova. i do not know why i kept them together but separated GITS. i guess i hated the movie so much that i did not even want it on any list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 7:50 am 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
true, but i can easily separate the two because of style. i much preferred the ova. i do not know why i kept them together but separated GITS. i guess i hated the movie so much that i did not even want it on any list...

I agree that the movie wasn't very good, but the series, except for the filler arc, was pretty good. Not as good as the first OVA but what gave the series charm was the likeable characters and the more technical nature of the fights. The OVA was about Kenshin being this one-man kill machine who just killed a lot of people, but the series was about Kenshin fighting other highly-skilled swordsman and fighters, but not killing any of them. So the fights in the series were more interesting IMO since they elaborated on the more technical and strategic side of sword fighting. What ruined the OVAs for me though was Seisouhen. In light of the manga, the ending for Seisouhen just didn't fit into the series at all. Kenshin is not the type of series that's befitting a sad ending. Even the mangaka insisted that Seisouhen is not the proper ending to the series, as Kenshin, at heart, is a shounen series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 8:45 am 

I think the ending in Seisouhen was believable to an extent but I agree that it was little off considering one of the main things in the manga's ending was Kenshin choosing Karou over his first wife (I can't spell her name, and I respect her character to much to try) and coming to an area of peace about his past deeds. Then there is the stuff in the Koyot arc that kinda went into how much Kenshin suffered without Karou. Though I have to say outside of the Kenshin returning to wondering all the characters developed about what I had expected. But eh I have to say I enjoyed Suisouhen. But I have to add that Ruronini Kenshin the manga, the first to seasons and the OVAs were so good that they really don't fit into any catagory except into just plain great stuff. Still waiting on that Sequal the arthor promised in the last volume of the manga though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:47 pm 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the revenge of my legendary list now that the thread is completely and totally dead. So nobodies around to say that it's still too dang long, damn it :lol: :cry: I got it down to 52 out of 280, ugh I'm too easy to please.

.Hack/Sign
Banners of the Stars
Banners of the Stars II
Blue Gender
Ceres Celestial Legend
Chobits
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop the movie
Crests of the Stars
Dragon Ball Z (andriod/cell sagas)
Elfen Lied
El Hazard The Magnificent World
Excel Saga
Fooly Cooly
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffo
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2ndgig
Grave of the Fireflies
Happy Lesson TV
Hell Sing
Lupin III TV
Love Hina
Love Hina: Christmas Special
Macross Plus
Martian Successor Nadesco
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War In the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Star Dust Memories
Mobile Suit Gundam: 8th Ms Team
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz the Movie
Neon Genesis Evengelion
Neon Genesis Evengelion: The End of Evengelion
Noir
Outlaw Star
Orphen
Perfect Blue
Please Teacher
Samurai X: Reflections
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Serial Experiments Lain
Spirited Away
Tenchi Muyo
Tokyo Godfathers
Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust
Visions of Escaflowne The Movie
Wolf’s Rain
Yuyu Hakasho Ghost Files

Last edited by The Adict on September 5th, 2007, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:50 pm 

Come on guys this is the area where you can brag about how many series you've seen and not get yelled at or get embarrassed so start bragging! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:53 pm 
Post Master

I have seen 36 titles so far (more then I thought I had seen), I recently set up a ANN account to keep track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:59 pm 

MMsven, they're all leganries right? RIGHT!? :evil: Please help me redeem myself for having a list of 52 series as legenary!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 10:03 pm 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
MMsven, they're all leganries right? RIGHT!? :evil: Please help me redeem myself for having a list of 52 series as legenary!!

I don't understand what your trying to say, but I meant all the titles I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 10:29 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the revenge of my legendary list now that the thread is completely and totally dead. So nobodies around to say that it's still too dang long, damn it :lol: :cry: I got it down to 52 out of 280, ugh I'm too easy to please.

lol, I am glad you enjoy your anime so much :D

I would love to think of so many titles as legendary.

Mmsven,

lol, he was simply trying to get someone to have near as many legendary titles as he does. (To make himself feel better about having so many. He knew what you were saying, he was just making a joke).

And nice work with setting up the ANN account, makes it much easier to keep track. Especially when you start getting up there 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2007, 10:15 am 

I know what you mean Mmsven, just joking. As Acmurphy said.

And yes it does get hard to keep track of all the anime one sees. which reminds me I've got to go add quiet a few to my seen list which I've been neglecting lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 12:14 pm 

Warning, I'm going to brag now.

YEAH YEEEEAAAAHHHHAAAAA!!!!!! WHOA!!!!! ALRIGHT!!!! (caugh caugh hack hack wheeze wheeze.)

I just real did my list to include the anime I've seen lately and got a nice surprise. I have now seen over 300 anime series YEAH!!! Eat that! Tears box and through it to the ground then dances around idoitically.

Sorry but the only people i have even heard of seeing that many series is Acmurphy and the orginal owner of the site, I forget her name. So I'm quiet proud of this achievement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 12:29 pm 
Regular

er I already passed 300 titles on the first page, and I reached about 325 this week, if I add hentai titles it could easilly get to 350, but I don't think it's something to brag nor to go all necromancer on the thread XD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next