Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Anime You've Ever Seen? (Might Be Offensive)
PostPosted: September 19th, 2009, 12:42 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
G-Core wrote:
I've only seen the movie and i haven't been interested enough to be able to see it more than two times, unfortunately. :sigh:

The movie isn't actually too bad considering it condenses the whole series down into a couple hours (don't get me wrong, it doesn't compare to the series, but it isn't nearly as bad as some of the others out there). However, if you even slightly enjoyed the movie I would give you two big :d^_^b: on checking out the series too.

After those two times where i could see the movie completely, i usually just watch some moments of the movie. I know it's a condensed version of the TV show, but some parts did intrigue me, such as how they changed the subway scene to make Haruka look more sympathetic when she is forced to give Ayato the tranquilizer. I did see how the TV series played the subway scene out in which Haruka actually shot her gun at Ayato when he was trying to escape. I prefer the movie version of that scene. The one on one conversations were all right, especially the ones where Ayato and Megumi are having quality time together. Some things i didn't like were the Rahxephon fights before Ayato gets captured back into Tokyo Jupiter were too short. Even that part where Ayato gets taken back to Tokyo Jupiter didn't have a proper beginning, it begins with him screaming and the data at the TERRA base showing something's not right. :| The one scene i definitely give as many multiple viewings as i can is the scene in the holding cell where Ayato and Haruka get VERY close, to put it as discreet as possible. :mrgreen: Like i said before, i liked the Ayato and Megumi conversations so the scene afterwards where Ayato wonders if Haruka has a boyfriend and Megu gives him the "what are you talking about" look. :sweat: It would be very hard for Ayato at that moment to confess to Megu: "Oh BTW Megu, i slept with your sister, hope you don't hate me for that." :shock:

PostPosted: September 21st, 2009, 7:39 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
G-Core wrote:
Call me crazy but i'd rather take Shinji Ikari's whining over that anyday, at least Shinji has and shows emotion.

Yer crazy!!! j/k :lol:

I have yet seen Gasaraki, but after reading about it it makes me want to watch it.

As much as I can't stand the whiny, little bastich, I would definitely take him than sitting through the first entire season of the absolutely dreadful Saiyuki any day. The only reason I watch this poor excuse of a yaoi-ish, er I mean shounen ACTION series (or the lack of ANY cool action scenes) was so that can watch Godannar at my Anime Club, which is an incredibly fun mecha series that I would love to watch again.

And also, Kanamemo (after seeing the first 3 episodes) is somewhat bad. I thought it had a nice story, which is about a middle-school girl named Kana Nakamachi, who lost her parents when she was young and just recently lost her grandmother. With no family to go to, she ends up working at a newspaper delivery office and the women she works with are a unique bunch (even if they're the typical stock characters). The whole series basically follows the daily life of Kana and the whacky things that happen at her work. However, there are 2 characters that bothered me. Number one is Saki, who is the assistant chief of the newspaper delivery office and SHE'S ONLY IN GRADE SCHOOL. HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!? And number two is Haruka, who is the drunk girl of the series and she's a frickin' pederass. Yeah, she has the hots for Kana (who's 13 years old) and her lolicon fetish is supposed to be funny, which is more disgusting than it is funny. Thanks to Mrs. Pedobear (aka Haruka), I'm not gonna continue watching this series and not even the explicit yuri couple (which they're the best part of the series IMHO) could even save it.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 9:16 am 
Newcomer

Mars of Destruction. Worst anime of 21st Century.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 6:44 pm 
Resident Scholar

Tiberius wrote:
Mars of Destruction. Worst anime of 21st Century.

At least it has Chihara Minori in it... :sweat:

PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 6:57 am 
Lurker

Devil May Cry. It honors its title: It's so absurdly wacky and senseless, and the Spanish dub was so painful to the ears, and the characters are so plain, and I even rented the three DVD's altogether thinking it was going to be great, instead of my usual practice of renting the first one.

Devil may cry, and I'm not stronger than the devil.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 7:07 pm 
Major Contributor

Libertista wrote:
Devil May Cry. It honors its title: It's so absurdly wacky and senseless, and the Spanish dub was so painful to the ears, and the characters are so plain, and I even rented the three DVD's altogether thinking it was going to be great, instead of my usual practice of renting the first one.

Devil may cry, and I'm not stronger than the devil.

I haven't seen the anime, but if it really was that bad, i'd recommend playing the video games. I have the first three on my PS2 storage area, and i had a great time playing each game. Was Dante emotionally dead serious in the anime because in the games, he's actually a funny friendly guy most of the time.

Trish, the blonde woman, was the main female protagonist in the first game, and Lady was the main female protagonist in the third one which was actually a prequel to the first. I haven't played number 4 yet but i do know that playing it is like playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sure, you get to play as Dante, but only for a while. The majority of the game is played as the new main character Nero.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 12:26 pm 
Lurker

Quote:
RAPING TIME!

That's the only reason why Kannazuki no Miko doesn't deserve to be erased from the people's minds. Once you've come to that scene, you can quietly stop watching the series and utter a loud "WOOOOT!"

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 2:29 pm 
Resident Scholar

Libertista wrote:
That's the only reason why Kannazuki no Miko doesn't deserve to be erased from the people's minds. Once you've come to that scene, you can quietly stop watching the series and utter a loud "WOOOOT!"

Is that so. Care to elaborate?
In spoiler tags if you like.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 8:21 pm 
Lurker

42317 wrote:
Libertista wrote:

Is that so. Care to elaborate?
In spoiler tags if you like.

It'll be better.
Spoiler
A time comes in Kannazuki no Miko where Chikane Himemiya, the noblewoman who is the Priestess of the Moon, decides to make a bold move and tries to "save" Himeko, who is the Priestess of the Sun and the girl she loves. In an old scheme of "let her hate me, but let her live", she rapes Himeko so that she can't be a pure priestess anymore, thus she'll be the one who has to sacrifice herself against the Orochi. Besides, after raping Himeko she turns all evil and starts beating each and everyone of the Orochi foes in a greatly bad-assed way.

The rest of the series is totally craptastic, as in not having or pretending to have any kind of sense and adding massively commonplace after commonplace... but that rape part (and possibly the fight against the Orochi) saves Kannazuki no Miko from being mentioned by me as this thread suggests.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2009, 8:53 am 
Resident Scholar

Libertista wrote:
Spoiler
A time comes in Kannazuki no Miko where Chikane Himemiya, the noblewoman who is the Priestess of the Moon, decides to make a bold move and tries to "save" Himeko, who is the Priestess of the Sun and the girl she loves. In an old scheme of "let her hate me, but let her live", she rapes Himeko so that she can't be a pure priestess anymore, thus she'll be the one who has to sacrifice herself against the Orochi. Besides, after raping Himeko she turns all evil and starts beating each and everyone of the Orochi foes in a greatly bad-assed way.

I see... :sweat:
I remember seeing that "at least let her live" concept in Smallville (passing my girlfriend's screen while going to the bathroom). :booyah:

On a more cultural note, desecrating a Shintô priest or priestess only requires nothing more complicated than hetting him or her in touch with animal or human blood.
But anything can be "corrected" by applying the proper cleansing rites, and eventually virgins are pretty rare among Miko who are often married to the priest in charge.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2009, 6:22 am 

I've never watched Kannazuki no Miko, but I more or less can sum it up in two words.

Miko Yuri.

Maybe three words.

Miko Yuri Fanservice.

Its kind of obvious from the get go and you'll probably get what you want if you note those three words beforehand. So in the end it ends up being not that bad... .unless you really expected substance out of it.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 12:00 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I've never watched Kannazuki no Miko, but I more or less can sum it up in two words.

Miko Yuri.

Maybe three words.

Miko Yuri Fanservice.

Its kind of obvious from the get go and you'll probably get what you want if you note those three words beforehand. So in the end it ends up being not that bad... .unless you really expected substance out of it.

You forgot to add one more word and that's "Mechs".

Personally, I think KnM is OK, but it's a mess, most of the characters are stock and the mechs seemed out of place for a series of this caliber.

Just cuz I feel like saying it, Ultimate Girls is Ultimate Crap. Not just a cliched fanservice series with no substance, but it's also a slap in the face of the Kyodai subgenre of tokusatsu (ex. The Ultra Series). I bet Tsubaraya Eiji is crying in his grave after seeing Ultimate Girls.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 9:19 pm 
Lurker

Miyuki-chan in Wonderland has quite made an entrance here. Take the worst of hentai (no plots and impossibility to be taken seriously), put a double X chromosome to every cast member as to tease yuri fanboys and remove the sex which might make the experience satisfying in any way.

¿The result? A piece of crap that feels like cutting your veins and letting them bleed for the duration of the show. The manga, which I supposed could make more sense, just adds more situations of the same dullness. Thus, more cut-veins feeling. In total, another bunch of Cramp.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 9:48 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, I personally find Miyuki-chan in Wonderland to be a guilty pleasure but that's just me I guess. :crap: Oh well...

I'll take that over Eiken anyday. Look on my previous posts about it and you'll see why I despise it.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2010, 3:16 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
I'll take that over Eiken anyday.

You'll take anything over Eiken, even if it was dogshit with strawberries, so that one does not count. :P2:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next