Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jade Dynasty
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 10:07 am 

Pet capturing...ha....it was the first thing I thought when I started to play the game and I was introduced to pets...i thought....why can't we capture the creature we want?...

PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 9:24 am 

The Pet Capturing and Transformation systems look great. But I'm most psyched about the Balo.

Balo PvE and PvP

Finally, a proper melee powerhouse class that isn't all ninja-ninja. At one point in the video, I believe he faces off against 3 Lupin and manages to outlast them. Looks pretty cool.

And the bow wielding class looks cool as well, nice to have a ranged class that isn't using sword strikes or magic, but I've never been much of an Archer. Not since Diablo 2 with their Amazon powerhouse, nothing came close after that.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2009, 2:22 pm 

My Vim is around level 60 now, thought I would do some updated information. Game gets real grindy and Esper becomes a god send about level 30 ish. It's been real bad in the 50's, main quest steps are between two or three levels at times. I'm sure at this point is where most people call it quits or keep on trudging through. The new abilities and gear appearances are enough to keep me playing, as is the lack of Final Fantasy XIV being released (I don't plan on another pay to play MMO before then), plus... the game just had a vibe I like. Be it the locales, the setting... just something fits.

Impressions regarding Ascension. The Balo and Arden are very unique in appearance. Male Balo are huge and bulky, while female Balo resemble Genie from Rune Soldier. The Arden seem to be fox sprites, ala Shippo from Inuyasha. Male Arden look extremely frail and awkward, while the female Arden look amazing. Seems to me Balo are generally meant to be men, Arden are generally meant to be female. That's what I've mostly seen in the game thus far as well, players and NPCs alike. (Although, female Balo arn't as rare as male Arden.)

New starting map is amazing. Town is comprised of a wooded area, feels like they are living in harmony with nature rather than dominating it. Very lush and tropical, lots of ambient life that isn't necessarily mobs. Also getting a visual upgrade is the UI. Gone is the oversized, black framed monster that dominated half your screen. In is the sleek, blue UI seen in any of the Zhu Xian 2 screen shots.

In fact, Ascension is apparently Zhu Xian 2 integrated into the existing game. Not sure how that means things will play out in the long run, but it apparently means our updates will never be far behind the Chinese version. After all, they got thier hands on Zhu Xian a mere month ago, and now we seem to have it as well.

When I get further into the Balo class, and hit 60 on my vim (mere 3 or 4 levels away), I'll post some screens.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 4:07 pm 

48 hours and we can double.. triple post, right? hehe...

Anyways, screen shots as promised!

Kurosan and the Dragon Palace

PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 2:06 pm 

Interesting....I forgot the game for weeks....'till my g/f asked for a free online mmo...I told her to download this game and she's already lvl 59 or more...damn girl...I'm still at lvl.45....maybe I shouldn't have stopped playing :doh:

But when I got back I joined a clan which is with an alliance..and ever since I've been chatting with them it's been more fun (g/f is on another server...so tough luck there...my character on that server is a jadeon lvl 16...abandoned for now)...

I have to say...I love those Gilhooks! :gatsu:

PostPosted: January 19th, 2010, 1:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

I saw Jade Dynasty in an electronics store lately, for about 15 USD. Due to shirogetsune's great elaborations I felt a temptation to buy it (wouldn't be much money lost if I didn't like it), but I checked the system requirements and saw that they pretty much describe 110 % of what my computer is able to do. :sweat:

PostPosted: January 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm 

I have all the options down...as in graphic and such in the game options....it still looks good and works well...my comp is nothing close to powerful...
I don't even have 1gb of memory :whistle:

But it works fine...and if it does suddenly slow down...its probably when you enter a town full of people...and yet its not that bad...ha

PostPosted: February 13th, 2010, 1:18 am 

I have now joined the Jade Dynasty ranks. It really is a fun game. I was looking for a free MMO to play, mostly because i don't play MMO's long enough to justify a membership fee.