Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What's wrong with Most New Games
PostPosted: July 24th, 2009, 11:54 am 
Major Contributor

I think one of the problems is that some franchises just don't know when to stop. I loved the Dance Dance Revolution and Sonic the Hedgehog franchises, but they really don't tire of putting up a hell of a lot of games every year. Sonic gets a lot of games each year on the Wii alone while he takes it easy on the other platforms, and IMO there really hasn't been a good Sonic game since the Sonic Adventure games. And as for the whole ongoing voice war, i think Ryan Drummond is way better than Jason Griffith for sure. Ryan makes Sonic sound perfect as an adventure seeker while Jason just makes Sonic sound a little too much like a surfer dude. As for DDR, it's fun and all but every year, pumping out game after game after game, it makes one prefer to stay at the local Time Out playing the arcade game. And as much as i didn't admit it since it's my number 1 favorite fighting franchise, i think the Tekken franchise is also getting a bit stale. I look forward to number 6 but i really don't know if they can truly top themselves with the next one, especially when it comes to bosses. Jinpachi was truly something back in 5, and Azazel looks to be the most extreme boss yet so if they can pull off something better with 7, that's nice but also the ongoing Mishima/Kazama conflict that is the centerpiece of the games is also getting stale.