Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Some Help With Genres (18+ Version)
PostPosted: July 4th, 2009, 1:52 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
What genre tags would you like to see added for adult titles (Hentai, B-Games)? (I've listed the ones I came up with below, but I am probably going to need more help from you guys on this one than the non-adult tags.) It's a work in progress so additions and/or comments/changes to the current list would be most helpful.

I'm trying to be more general so that it doesn't become ridiculously redundant like using a tag for blow jobs or something which could be assumed for a hentai title and would be tagged on basically all of them.

Maids
Nurses
Tentacles
Rape (May be too universal)
Demons/Beasts/Monsters
Futanari (dick girls)
School Girls / School Based (May be too universal)
Bondage
Toys
Hardcore/Extreme (or something)
Yuri
Yaoi
Softcore
Watersports
Excessive Fluids

The general categories from the non-adult list would still be applicable where appropriate, such as a fantasy hentai title, but would be followed by more hentai specific tags.

After we have a list together I am going to need you guys to help me with tagging some of the hentai titles, and almost all of the B-Games. I can probably do most of the hentai titles, thanks to having just about every hentai title ever made stored on my computer, but it's a bit tougher with B-Games, of which I have only played 3. But we have to walk before we run, so let me know your thoughts!

Post subject: Re: Need Some Help With Genres (18+ Version)
PostPosted: July 5th, 2009, 9:49 am 
Resident Scholar

What happened to "Loli"? :whistle:
Or Incest?
Interracial?

Anal, Oral and other sorts of play (masturbation, anyone?) would be things that happen and not genres I guess...

Wait a minute! Wheren't there two rather long lists posted lately for you to use? :sweat:

How about defining the number of people involved in the acts?
2P, 3P, 4P, 5P... ?
Along with a gender ratio statement, like 3P (m/f/f).

I can't think of a reason why Rape or School Girls would be too universal.
First off, rape is a very clearly defined thing, right?
You could furtherly define subtypes such as Blackmail and Assault, being forced into coercian by other means as opposed to a blunt physical approach.
Molesting would be another thing close to rape.

School girls... that only says that school uniforms are involved. You can have depictions of any sort of girls who still go to school (whereas highschoolers are usually not lolis anymore).
If they're not wearing a uniform at a time or at least parts of it during intercourse you cannot file it under School Girls imho.

Then remember that School Girls can as well be a form of Cosplay which also happens in Hentai but it only applies if the person in question is not in school anymore.

Generally, I'd combine Nurses and Maids (along with Stewardesses and School Girls and Police Officers and so on) under Uniforms. Again, adding "Cosplay" if the wearer does not work in the field.

Demons/Beasts/Monsters... I'll file that as subtypes of "Supernatural", along with goddesses and angels.

For the generic Catgirl there should be a Furry section.

Furthermore I can't see Bestiality in your list.
And maybe Alien would be another choice. Some girls do come from outer space, and sometimes there are non-human races involved in sexual intercourse with girls who do not necessarily belong into the Tentacle folder.

Example:

"Title right out of your dirty mind"
Uniforms (School), Molestation (Bus), Incest, Rape (Blackmail), 3P (m/f/f)

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 3:41 am 
Resident Hentai Master

BWAHAHAHAH! Guest what I do with my free time...though this is very likely overkill.

Hi, I'm DocWatson, and I categorize hentai. The List of Lists, plus what is not yet included on The List:

• Domination/Submission
• Mutilation & Blood (Guro)
• Panty Fetishism
• Sadomasochism (including torture)
• Transformation

The full database (as of 15 January 2009) is here: Hentai genre & fetish DB: browse; download (recommended).

My suggestion is to think in terms of appearance/accouterments (physical features, uniforms, lubricants, sex toys, etc.), actions (anal sex, bukakke, etc.), genres (comedy, horror, drama, plot, etc.), and possibly settings (baths, public sex, etc.), especially those that people may find to be turnoffs (e.g., enemas, scat, watersports, rape, tentacles, sexual slavery).

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 5:49 pm 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
What happened to "Loli"? :whistle:

:sweat: Sometimes these things just slip ones mind, but that's why I've got you here! :wink:

42317 wrote:
How about defining the number of people involved in the acts?

One could, but that may be getting too specific, especially if there are multiple scenes with groups of people. Maybe it would be better to get have a general gang bang type category to cover the multiple people base.

42317 wrote:
Generally, I'd combine Nurses and Maids (along with Stewardesses and School Girls and Police Officers and so on) under Uniforms.

That sounds like a good combination to do for all the various profession fetishes.

42317 wrote:
I can't think of a reason why Rape or School Girls would be too universal.

I don't know, maybe I just think rape and school girls are more prevalent in hentai than they are :?

42317 wrote:
Demons/Beasts/Monsters... I'll file that as subtypes of "Supernatural", along with goddesses and angels.

That works.

42317 wrote:
You could furtherly define subtypes such as Blackmail and Assault, being forced into coercian by other means as opposed to a blunt physical approach.
Molesting would be another thing close to rape.

True true, molesting could be useful for those situations that don't go quite all the way. Like those train titles where the women are often being felt up and fondled but not actually "raped."

DocWatson wrote:
The full database (as of 15 January 2009) is here: Hentai genre & fetish DB: browse; download (recommended).

:shock: Well, that is quite the list you have there! Not only that but you have all the hentai titles listed with tags :d^_^b: That is impressive, I've gotta give you credit for the amount of work you put in there. Now if only you had a similar outlining for b-games I'd really be in a great spot! :P2:

My goal is to be informative as to the general aspects within a title, but not so specific that it becomes a laundry list of items. Leave it to the genres to give a general idea, and the review to flesh out the finer points. I'm just trying to give people an idea of what's in a title so they know if it's something they want to pursue with regards to reading the review, and even then it will focus on the more prominent categories if space becomes a problem. So larger, more general genre categories are best, except when there are major points people either do or don't look for. (Like tentacles, which could be under supernatural, but is something a lot of people either look for or look to avoid).

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 5:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

DocWatson wrote:

:wtf:

:blink:

Do you happen to have any other hobbies? :lol2:

PostPosted: July 7th, 2009, 12:25 am 
Resident Hentai Master

Acmurphy wrote:
DocWatson wrote:

:shock: Well, that is quite the list you have there! Not only that but you have all the hentai titles listed with tags :d^_^b: That is impressive, I've gotta give you credit for the amount of work you put in there.

Thanks. It's been the work of over two years, and I've had a lot of help, especially from the AnimeNation Hentai forum, where the project originated and is still based.

Acmurphy wrote:
Now if only you had a similar outlining for b-games I'd really be in a great spot! :P2:

Well, there's this: Getchu.com genres and fetishes glossary; the original page.

42317 wrote:
DocWatson wrote:

:wtf:
:blink:
Do you happen to have any other hobbies? :lol2:

I read manga (not just hentai) and (military) history, watch police procedural TV shows (the CSIs, NCIS, et al.), edit Wikipedia, and generally try to satisfy my curiosity about any topic that interests me.

Edit - ACM: (Double posting should only be done after a 24 hour period, before then just edit your post.)

PostPosted: July 11th, 2009, 7:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

DocWatson wrote:
I read manga (not just hentai) and (military) history, watch police procedural TV shows (the CSIs, NCIS, et al.), edit Wikipedia, and generally try to satisfy my curiosity about any topic that interests me.

Oho... it gets more interesting by the day.
Well, forget Manga and police shows, and I've only once edited a Wikipedia article because orthography and grammar were horrible, but that military history part makes my ears grow big so to speak. I hope we'll have a conversation about that matter some time.
Why don't you create an own introduction thread?

PostPosted: December 17th, 2009, 9:27 pm 
Newcomer

Are the titles tagged now? Was this for something on the forums or for the review section.

This is a useful thing to do. I was looking for new titles in a certain genre I like. ;)

It's cool to see the forums are still here and that, "hentai reviews" brings up animetric first.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2009, 11:59 am 
Resident Scholar

Roque wrote:
It's cool to see the forums are still here and that, "hentai reviews" brings up animetric first.

Rogue? It's been a while... from where die you pop in so unexpectedly? :D

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2009, 5:14 am 
Resident Admin

Roque wrote:
Are the titles tagged now? Was this for something on the forums or for the review section.

Hey Roque! This is for the reviews and no they are not tagged on the site right now. This is something that will be coming with the new site. I am hopeful that people will find it useful :D

And it is fitting that Animetric would be number 1 for "hentai reviews" :d^_^b: