Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: blood: the last vampire (live action)
PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 2:28 am 
Regular

I just noticed the ad on a tv in a restaurant last night! Has anybody watched it yet? It looked pretty cool.

I absolutely loved the short anime "movie".

Edit:

ew yuck!!! my absolute favourite scene, the beginning train/telephone scene, looks terrible live... :(
not at all exciting

the original scene:

Post subject: Re: blood: the last vampire (live action)
PostPosted: June 13th, 2009, 4:44 am 
Major Contributor

Second vid unavailable due to copyright issues.

I'd at least give the live action a chance, though. I remember the anime being quite a bit better than that, but I'd at least give it a chance.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 7:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
ew yuck!!! my absolute favourite scene, the beginning train/telephone scene, looks terrible live... :(

I didn't find it so bad... I've seen worse... which is usual when western companies convert Anime into live-action.
And the girl's kinda cute. Which is a lot better than Anime Saya who came across as sexy as a door mat. :lol:

shgarland wrote:

I can perfectly watch it. You sure it's just "not available in your country"?

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 10:10 pm 

Ha well since I've seen the anime movie like 100 times I didn't bother to watch the second video..haha...I just compared as I watched....

And even though it has a lot of things similar...like the sounds...why they changed the black man (black man isnt offending right?) for a white guy....and is it me?...ha..why whenever I see americans talking english in japanese movies it never sounds convincing?...

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 11:22 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:

I can perfectly watch it. You sure it's just "not available in your country"?

It's both, actually; "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 2:33 am 
Major Contributor

For a relatively high-budget HK production ($35 million is quite a lot for an HK film, even if it is a joint venture), this looks pretty terrible. Though this is not to say that HK adaptations of anime have been good (case and point Initial D) but the fact that movie has only made $3.5 million so far is probably not a good sign (according to Wiki at least).

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 6:45 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
For a relatively high-budget HK production ($35 million is quite a lot for an HK film, even if it is a joint venture), this looks pretty terrible. Though this is not to say that HK adaptations of anime have been good (case and point Initial D) but the fact that movie has only made $3.5 million so far is probably not a good sign (according to Wiki at least).

I wonder what made it so expensive?
Then again I don't think that Blood was such a top title to justify such a budget.
Looks to me like the producer himself was a fan who wanted to see a live-action version and was somehow able to convince a number of sponsors. :sweat:

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 1:47 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Here's some in-depth information about the live action version of Blood: The Last Vampire, which it includes pics, video clips, production notes, etc.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... n-july-10/

After seeing the trailer and the clips, I wouldn't mind seeing it and it's been eons since I saw the anime version. And I would have to agree with 42317 in the fact that the live-action Saya looks cute and much better looking than the anime version, which she has huge fish-lips. :shock:

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 3:25 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I wonder what made it so expensive?

Probably the CGI. It certainly wasn't because of the high-caliber on-screen talent . . . :roll:

PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 5:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Good thing i'm open minded. I have yet to see the live action movie and despite every critic saying it sucked, i'll give it a chance. I've seen the anime movie, haven't seen Blood+ the tv series yet though. Only caught a glimpse of an episode one time on Adult Swim. I think it was somewhere between episodes 25-30.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 10:11 am 
Lurker

Maaaaah, Jun Ji-hyun. :wuv: :wuv: :wuv:

The only reason I would ever wanna see this movie. Fell in love with her ever since My Sassy Girl. Dunt curr if this movie's bad, needs more Ji-hyun in my life!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 7:41 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Good thing i'm open minded. I have yet to see the live action movie and despite every critic saying it sucked, i'll give it a chance. I've seen the anime movie, haven't seen Blood+ the tv series yet though. Only caught a glimpse of an episode one time on Adult Swim. I think it was somewhere between episodes 25-30.

I've seen the first 25 episodes. When I made my trip to Fry's Electronics for this year, a Part 1 box set that included a t-shirt. (The DVDs in this set had the first 25 episodes.) I've also got the anime movie, but I'd kind of like to get my hands on the Part 2 box before seeing the live-action movie. I've been avoiding it just because I dunno if there's a version of Part 2 that doesn't include a hat of some sort. (I don't wanna spend that much, just to watch the end of the series.)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 10:50 pm 
Major Contributor

I've seen the film twice and i can safely say that this was a damn good adaptation. :booyah: Some parts were very true to the original Blood anime :D , and the action in the live action was so intense that even when they used slow motion to try and help sort out which creatures Saya is fighting since there are so many at one time and she's fighting in an alley way at night and it's raining, not only does the combat look quick with the speed lowered but the drops of rain and the lighting looks so exquisite. :d^_^b:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 2:45 pm 
Regular

I never did get around to watching this movie. I found out that it was in English so the desire dropped like a hot potato.

Kesshi wrote:
Maaaaah, Jun Ji-hyun. :wuv: :wuv: :wuv:
The only reason I would ever wanna see this movie. Fell in love with her ever since My Sassy Girl. Dunt curr if this movie's bad, needs more Ji-hyun in my life!
I adored My Sassy Girl! I had no idea she could speak English.

42317 wrote:
And the girl's kinda cute. Which is a lot better than Anime Saya who came across as sexy as a door mat. :lol:
Gojira wrote:
And I would have to agree with 42317 in the fact that the live-action Saya looks cute and much better looking than the anime version, which she has huge fish-lips. :shock:
I liked how she looked in the anime. She looked like someone born to kill with absolutely no reason to have to resort to sex to get her way. A bit hot in my opinion.

Last edited by dbd_addict on June 18th, 2010, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 4:00 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
shgarland wrote:
And I would have to agree with 42317 in the fact that the live-action Saya looks cute and much better looking than the anime version, which she has huge fish-lips. :shock:
I liked how she looked in the anime. She looked like someone born to kill with absolutely no reason to have to resort to sex to get her way. A bit hot in my opinion.

I took the time to look as I've written this post and I think your blaming me for something Gojira wrote in his last post in this thread. I haven't seen the live action movie. I'd like to, but as I think I've hinted lately, I'd kind of like to finish Blood+ first.

Really not a big fan of being misquoted like this.
:diss: