Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 18th, 2017, 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death Note
PostPosted: June 24th, 2009, 2:57 am 

Death Note needs its own thread. Here is a little information about the manga:

The series centers on Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the titular "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a shinigami (death god) named Ryuk. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose face they have seen, by writing the victim's name in the notebook. The story follows Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook, and the complex conflict between him, his opponents and a mysterious detective known to the world only as L. [This summary is taken from Wikipedia, it is far too late to write my own]

I started reading the manga while it was being translated. I quit reading around the time Misa Amane showed up. The only reason I remember for stopping is the pace. I remember I was starting to get bored but I hopped back on when the anime was released. The anime picked up the pace and the style with the plot has made it one of my top anime series.

Now I have decided to reread the manga from the start and complete it this time. I am on chapter 10 and nothing new to report other than I still love this manga....now I just have to finish it. :lol2:

Post subject: Re: Death Note
PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 1:18 am 

I have yet to read the manga of it; however, I really want to. I haven't even finished the anime technically.

Spoiler
Once L died it pretty much sucked IMO.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 1:46 am 

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Spoiler
Once L died it pretty much sucked IMO.

Very true, I did not get that far in the manga but the anime did lose a lot when it happened.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 8:12 am 

I kept going on....his loss was great but hey...it's not about him...so I kept going on and enjoyed it...

It does a 360 though and feels like you're reading another manga for a while..haha...but than all goes back to normal.. :lol2: