Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: E3!!!
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 5:18 pm 

Hey its yearly....so why not have a thread of it 8)

Anyone been seeing whats new for e3?...I just read and saw a few trailers for Microsoft's press conference which was today...and it had some surprises..like Metal Gear Solid Rising which seems to be focused on Raiden..but who knows with Kojima...also read...but didnt see...the in-game demo for the Splinter Cell which seems real focused on action now (well with what the blogger described)...

But besides that the other interesting things I guess would be Modern Warfare 2...oh and Left 4 Dead 2...oh and other things like Facebook..and Twitter on XBL...along a new music channel or whatever they call it...
There was also Forza...The Beatles Rock Band (hey I even saw a Lego's Rock Band coming out for all systems)...along Mass Effect 2..and well other games which I don't find too interesting..haha...like the motion sensing camera..or whatever...

For me the biggest surprise would be MGS:Rising :ninja:

Post subject: Re: E3!!!
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 11:28 pm 

Fresnokila wrote:
Facebook..and Twitter on XBL...

Yes, apparently Microsoft is attempting to make the 360 the center piece of the living room.

Lucky for me one of the pros for coming back home is that my parents get G4! I only watched a few minutes of it here and there since I find some of the speeches boring. I was happy to listen to James Cameron talk about the Avatar movie. I also was happy to switch back to G4 just in time to watch the premiere of the Assassin's Creed 2 game.

Now off to read some articles about all the other cool stuff I missed that happened at E3!

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2009, 1:47 am 
Post Master

I thought Microsofts press conference sucked. It started out with executives holding small plastic guitars and ended with a girl dancing all over the place. What else?

Facebook and Twitter? Really? I’m just going to assume most people who have a 360 also have access to a computer. Why would you try and type with the on-screen input than a keyboard? Fucking useless.

Then there’s Natal. It’s another garbage gimmick that the casual zombies will eat up. The avatar and ricochet demos sucked. The painting demo seemed more functional but I’m still not impressed. It seems just as jerky and delayed as the wiimote is but even rougher. Thinking critically, how exactly would you talk or move around normally without affecting gameplay? Would that not be awkward? And until I see live footage of that “Milo” abomination I remain skeptical. I might buy Natal just to see Milo’s reaction when I tell him to go fuck himself.

As for games, everything either sucked or was a teaser trailer. Except for Splinter Cell and Modern Warefare 2. Maybe Alan Wake. But for god sake ODST was abysmal. The announcements for MGSR and Crackdown 2 we’re pretty good.

I just wasn’t expecting to be bored and annoyed the whole time. When will they knock that “celebrity gamer” shit off already. Whoever actually has that persuading them deserves to be shot for their ignorance. It’s like these fucking zombies don’t have their own identity. Must follow Tony Hawk, the skateboarders in the Ride video, Steven Spielberg, The Beatles, etc.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2009, 10:00 am 

Mmsven wrote:
Facebook and Twitter? Really? I’m just going to assume most people who have a 360 also have access to a computer. Why would you try and type with the on-screen input than a keyboard? Fucking useless.

It is kind of pointless if you have a pc....the only thing I would see good about it would be checking everyone's status right there as you play or watch something...but it's still not the same as a pc :shame:

Well Nintendo and Sony's turn today..lets see what they bring to the table :gatsu:

Edit:Saw a few trailers like Metroid:Other M...which was awesome!!!...a collaboration along Team Ninja which is a surprise :ninja: ...Also Super Mario Galaxy 2 (despite I haven't played the first one yet :sweat: )
And Other games which I'm currently watching the trailers for now...but still...I would Metroid was the game that surprised..no zelda though...hmm..
Well let me keep watching :d^_^b:

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 12:31 am 

Yes Fresno, The Metroid game looking really amazing. I think I am looking forward to Samus's history than anything in the game...I take that back...The gameplay looks awesome. I really hope I can pick up a Wii around Christmas time when the price normally drops.

I really hand many ate watching E3 because it makes me want to buy consoles! I own a 360 now and while Microsoft had a few titles that looked fun, Nintendo and Sony had more. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time looked good, along with the Mario Galaxy 2, Uncharted 2, and more.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 12:47 am 
Post Master

I just watched Nintendo and Sony’s conferences and I think they are much better than Microsoft’s. Much more serious and much less crap.

As for Nintendo, it was much better than last year. A new Mario and Metroid is better than nothing, after all. They also addressed some of 08's criticism overall. However, I was really disappointed that they chose franchises that already exist on the Wii. I've said this before... how about F-Zero, Wave Race, 1080, Pikmin, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, or Zelda? Twilight Princess doesn’t even count because it was a port from the Gamecube. I own it on the gamecube where it belongs. Maybe even a new franchise.

Sony was easily the best to me. Some very cool news and games. They always kept me interested. This new motion sensing technology though... They may be following the gimmick trend, but I was actually impressed this time. No delay or bugs at all. It follows your movement perfectly and knows where and how your holding it. Their demos we're awesome, showcasing some some good ways to use it and avoiding casualism like sports. Project Natal is a joke compared to it.

I also watched EA's press conference and it was good as well.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 9:52 am 

Still watching trailers of games I missed the first time...like MGS for the PSP (which for some reason had a great trailer compared to the 360 trailer)....and...

Wait...

Are we the only 3 gamers here? :shifty:

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 12:25 pm 
Major Contributor

No cable, I can't get G4, but I can still get their podcasts. Following stuff is what I've gotten from that.

Sony Conf: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer
Wouldn't buy PS3 just for it, but if I do get one I might pick this one up.

Microsoft Conf: Star Wars Old Republic Trailer
The only thing I wanna know at the moment is if I can play it on a Mac. (couldn't find anything about requirements on the site.) Looks like I'd enjoy this one if I can, though.

Microsoft Conf: Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer
Zombies... lots of zombies...

Nintendo Conf: Metroid: Other M Trailer
Take on this is the same as FFXIII: won't buy the console just for it, but this is a game I'd think about getting if I do get a Wii.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 3:47 pm 

Even though not in the press conference Miyamoto did a..hmm I guess secret conference himself with a some guests behind doors..and he did mention a new Zelda for the Wii....which may use Motion-plus...he didn't give much specifics..only a pic and also said (this I saw right now in a video where they're interviewing Miyamoto) that look closely..Link isn't holding a sword...which I than read from the IGN guys that if you notice well that character seen along Link resembles the Master Sword...

Attachment:
the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019.jpg [ 189.53 KiB | Viewed 3893 times ]

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 5:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
“celebrity gamer” shit

What is that in plain English?

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 11:18 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
What is that in plain English?

Companies paying celebrities to support any certain game. Capitalizing on the big group of North Americans who read terrible celebrity magazines and gossip about how Britney did something.

Luckily that garbage stayed in Microsoft's conference only.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 7:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Companies paying celebrities to support any certain game. Capitalizing on the big group of North Americans who read terrible celebrity magazines and gossip about how Britney did something.

I understand. Are there published and (in)famous examples?
I'm very much out of touch with such topics.