Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Advice
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 3:49 pm 

Mushi-Shi anyone? I read Acmurphy's review on Animetric(http://www.animetric.com/klm2/mushi-shi.html) I was wondering if anyone had anything to add to it? And do you think I would like it Acmurphy?

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 5:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
To be honest, Mushi-Shi is a series that's definitely not for everyone. I mean it's well presented no doubt, but it will put you into sleep. It's not because it's boring, but the mood of Mushi-Shi is rather calm and relaxing. So calm in fact, that you'll end up taking a nap. Watch a few episodes to see if you like it or not.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 5:58 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
zero_chaos wrote:
And do you think I would like it Acmurphy?

Well, I am certainly the exception when it comes to Mushi-shi, since it has been very well received. I don't know if I can really tell you whether you would like it or not. I would probably need to take a look at an ANN list or something to see what you thought of comparable titles, but alas you don't have one (or at least listed).

The animation is great as well as the music, just the actual stories are so slow and similar in structure that it just bored me to tears. But a lot of people have really enjoyed the pace and scope of the stories so IDK. You may just have to give the first couple episodes a watch and see what ya thing (though I did like Mushi-shi at the start and basically liked it less with each passing episode.)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 8:56 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
I would probably need to take a look at an ANN list or something to see what you thought of comparable titles, but alas you don't have one (or at least listed).

My top anime titles, all of them I find to be my favorites.
Animatrix
Berserk
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Death Note
Dragonball Z
Escaflowne the Movie
Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children
Fooly Cooly
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gundam Wing
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Gundam:The 08th MS Team
His and Her Circumstances
Howl's Moving Castle
Macross Plus
Princess Mononoke
Rurouni Kenshin
RK:Samurai X
Trigun

I think I will try it out and get a feel for it tho. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 8:30 pm 

Did anyone watch and enjoy Glass Fleet? I'm just wondering because the trailers i've seen just look awesome and I want to watch it. So anyone recommend it?

PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 9:35 pm 
Resident Admin

zero_chaos wrote:
I think I will try it out and get a feel for it tho. Thanks for the input.

I somehow missed your post here. Not sure if you have started Mushi-shi yet, but from your list I would say that you'll find the quality high, the pace and episodic nature of the series a slight problem, but the quality of the episodes' stories should shine through for you. Certainly worth checking out a bit to see what you think of it anyway, you could be a fan. I don't think you will love it though.

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Did anyone watch and enjoy Glass Fleet? I'm just wondering because the trailers i've seen just look awesome and I want to watch it. So anyone recommend it?

I haven't but I saw it was posted online so I was thinking about watching it myself. So I will parrot your comments and ask if anyone else has seen it?

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 3:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

I think I have to watch Claymore... it has a good number of seiyû veterans in its cast, which reads like a who is who of the business from the early 90s:
Hisakawa Aya, Inoue Kikuko, Shinohara Emi, Paku Romi, Orikasa Ai, Takayama Minami, Mitsuishi Kotono, and Yamaguchi Kappei... later performers like Kuwashima Hôko and Yukino Satsuki also appear, while Chihara Minori, who has become popular only recently, looks like a newborn underdog in comparison.
You see I'm somewhat curious about this. But whereas the artwork looks interesting, too, the topic of monster-hunting doesn't impress me too much... but what Anime does have a similar collection of golden voice talents?

Come to think of it I am rather surprised that Yukino Satsuki only had her breakthrough at the end of the 90s... which is why I thought she was born around 1980, but in fact she was already born in 1970. I wonder what she did during most of the 90s... but her websites are not exactly helpful concerning her CV.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 7:25 pm 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
I think I have to watch Claymore...

You're stuck! :lol:

If you're posting the Anime Advice thread for an opinion on the series, and not just your own musings, I'll tell you a bit from my limited experience. It certainly is sort of a monster hunting title, but after the first couple of episodes there's a flashback that focuses on another of the Claymore women (the mentor to the main character) and it really starts to shine once that happens (it's more about her vrs. the order she works for than about these monsters). I was in the middle of it when I stopped, at about episode 6, but I would say that the technical merits of the series and the quality within do warrant a watch. I stopped for no real reason, in case you were wondering why I have been stalled at episode 7 for the past half a year :doh:

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 8:06 pm 

Seen Claymore myself....great series but leaves you hanging...which means...you would than have to read the manga...as in Berserk :gatsu:

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 8:16 pm 
Resident Admin

Fresnokila wrote:
Seen Claymore myself....great series but leaves you hanging...which means...you would than have to read the manga...as in Berserk :gatsu:

Too often that's the case :cry:

PostPosted: July 4th, 2009, 1:16 am 

Need some advice!

Chrome Shelled Regios...anyone watched this one?

The animation looks good and its only 24 episodes.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2009, 2:29 am 
Resident Admin

zero_chaos wrote:
Need some advice! Chrome Shelled Regios...anyone watched this one? The animation looks good and its only 24 episodes.

Hmm, I don't think I had even heard of it before. A recent release that has been fairly well reviewed, could be worth a look. Two problems I see right off the bat with it though, if the descriptions I read serve to be correct at all. One, it could be rather episodic with its "monster of the week" feel and the setup, at least with regard to the characters, doesn't seem all the different from many others. Of course, that's just all conjecture since I haven't seen any of it, but it does seem to pull things off rather well if the reviews are any indication.

I know, not much help, but an interesting looking series (I'm always up for sci-fi stuff) and they're not piloting giant robots so there is hope yet :P2: Thanks for bringing it to my attention Zero!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2009, 2:44 am 
Major Contributor

When I did a search for GeGeGe no Kitaro on the forums, I'm surprised that nobody here has even mentioned it despite the fact that it's still HUUUUUUUUUUUUGELY popular in Japan ever since 1959.

I haven't seen it, but it looks like a good series. Has anyone here have heard of it or seen and if ya have is it any good? Just curious that's all.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 4:17 am 
Major Contributor

Has anyone seen Dragonaut the Resonance and Sorceror Hunters? If so, are they any good to watch? Just wondering, since they look good to watch. That's all. :booyah:

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 7:59 pm 
Resident Admin

I haven't seen Dragonaut the Resonance, but I did watch Sorcerer Hunters a long while ago. It's sort of like a Slayers or Rune Soldier in setting/content type, but I really was not a fan of it. I can't really give you specifics since it has been too long, but it's sort of the same elements as the other two just done worse and with less likable characters. But, of course, it may have just rubbed me the wrong way. I do remember the over-arching plot of it was rather odd as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next