Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PC or Laptop?
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 1:27 am 
Lurker

Lately I've been thinking to myself about this question because of my school work, but I think this would apply to everybody.

I usually do most of my work and stuff as well as play games at my home computer. Whenever I have to go to school I take all my files with me, but since the computers at school have inferior specs, I can't work up to speed. It really makes me want a laptop so I can just take the whole damn thing with me wherever I go. Then again, knowing you can't upgrade has made me stick with a PC.

The versatility of being able to switch in and out parts and fully customize it to your liking makes it really worthwhile for me. It also helps because if something goes wrong it is much easier to fix than a laptop.

So what does everyone else prefer? PC or Laptop?

Post subject: Re: PC or Laptop?
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 2:53 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Laptop, cuz I don't have a desktop with me. :P2:

PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 3:39 am 

If you only have one computer, I think a laptop's portability and space requirements (or lack thereof) make it a great choice. However, I think both would be best and you might need an expensive laptop to match a mid-range tower's power. It's been awhile since I shopped for one.

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 4:43 pm 
Resident Scholar

I don't need a laptop. Computers at university or at workplaces usually do what they're supposed to do, and since I'm not working with fancy graphic programs I don't need high-end workstations. And last but not least the job that I learned (if you can call it that) does not require constant access to the web or a computer 24/7. I think I wouldn't want a job that makes me carry around a computer all the time...

PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm 
Lurker

42317 wrote:
I think I wouldn't want a job that makes me carry around a computer all the time...

I think I may be screwed later down the line :whistle:

PostPosted: May 11th, 2009, 1:02 am 

Desktops are great powerful machines that can typically out power most laptops(mainly because laptops have Mobile processors)They also have more Hard Drive space.

Laptops are Portable! And are good for lazy people...great to have a laptop on your lap while watching tv or in bed.

Its a personal thing when it comes to which one you want to choose.

I have a desktop and a laptop. The laptop I use for internet, papers, and everyday stuff. The desktop is my torrent machine and my application machine. I download video converters, anime, and other programs on the desktop to save my laptop space.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 6:05 am 
Major Contributor

If you're a student I would say a Laptop is probably much more useful than a desktop if you can only choose one or the other. Sure, getting a laptop that can play modern games decently will probably be in the $1500 range and be larger than you probably want but I really miss owning a laptop (my old one just broke recently and I'm currently shopping for a new one). It just made taking notes so much easier, not to mention the fact that I could always just surf the web during really boring lectures. :P2: