Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eden of the East
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 8:01 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Anime of the Month for May, 2009: Eden of the East

The first episode began on the 9th of April and will continue for 11 episodes.

Description
November 22, 2010. Monday.
Ten missiles hit the territory of Japan.
However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be known as "Careless Monday" apparently did not cause any victims, and was soon forgotten by almost everyone.

Then, 3 months later...
Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her day.

However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery.
First of all, he appears to have lost his memory.
Secondly, he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's grabbing with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.

Who is Akira Takizawa?
What are the secrets behind his extraordinary mobile phone?
What got lost with his vanished memory?

Links to relevant pages:

Episodes - (Fansub Releases):
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1397.html

General Information:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=10474
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5630/Higashi_no_Eden/

Post subject: Re: Anime of the Month
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 4:48 pm 

I've heard good things about that anime...I'll give it a try for sure :d^_^b:

PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 7:02 pm 

I watched episode 1 of Eden of East and I enjoyed it! This is an anime I think I could really get into. I found the first episode to be rather funny, especially with the nude scenes. I give it 2 thumbs up :d^_^b: ! Looking forward to watching episode 2.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 8:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Just got back from seeing episode 1 of Eden of the East on Veoh. Like Valkyria Chronicles, it impressed me very much and I'll have to watch this series sometimes soon. It's like a romantic comedy, but with naked terrorists. :lol: But I still say Queen's Blade is the Anime of the Month, cuz I said so and the fanservice just keeps on getting better and better. :gatsu:

PostPosted: May 5th, 2009, 6:38 am 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
But I still say Queen's Blade is the Anime of the Month, cuz I said so and the fanservice just keeps on getting better and better. :gatsu:

Yeah, don't forget to drink enough water and put on gloves once your hand begins to hurt. :roll:

PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 11:13 pm 

Saw the first ep of Eden of the East and it certainly was great (much better than Valkyria Chronicles) and loved the credits too...haha...I'll soon watch the rest of the eps available :lol2:

Edit:I've just saw ep 2 of Eden of East and I have to say it has spiked my curiosity even more :ninja:
Here's hoping it doesn't go down a hill and keeps going up :lol2:

And the girl is super adorable..especially from her voice :wuv:

PostPosted: May 8th, 2009, 3:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
And the girl is super adorable..especially from her voice :wuv:

Did you say "voice"? :yummy:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 8:35 pm 
Resident Admin

Well I was going to wait for people to actually catch up to me but that doesn't seem to be happening :sigh: I'll make sure to spoiler tag any of the important bits for those of you have are still laggin behind.

I've seen up to episode 6 now. Things seem to have slowed their progression down, which is slightly worrying since they're already over halfway through with the series (only 5 episodes left). I've been really enjoying the series, though I do wish there was more action, given its been fairly lacking thus far. Can't complain though, really like the two main characters and they're making it really work for me. Animation has been solid and I'm a big fan of that opening song. Now, thoughts on the episodes, may be a little vague since I was watching it from the start so it has been a little while.

I really liked the sort of fun loving flair of the first episode, keeping things interesting with him being naked and them in D.C. Especailly when he flashed that police officer and was like, "what, it was cold out before" :mrgreen:

Second episode was more reveling as to just what's going on, but gave everything a much more mysterious felling with the whole Seleaco deal and just how much power they actually have.

Now the third episode is probably may favorite so far. I really liked the introduction of his mall that he's using as his house :d^_^b: and the interaction between Akira and Saki. Though he did sort of get the crap beaten out of him

Fourth episode was probably the most informative, especially with just what Akira is trying to do and Saki's home life. The whole episode of them having their own plotlines made me sad though, since their interactions are what I really like to see. There were also some really strange happenings that occurred in the episode which really had me scratching my head at the time.

Thankfully they didn't keep them apart for too long when the fifth episode rolled around. Primarily about Saki's job interview and some crazy blue lipped lady who likes to cut off a man's penis with a cigar cutter. Not the nicest woman around... though she is often in her underwear. That only makes up for so much crazy though. And how could I not mention the kiss! Glad they didn't drag it out. Got right to the point :clap:

Episode six is more of what you would have expected from an earlier episode. Akira meets Saki's "Eden of the East" club members and they all talk... for almost the whole episode. Well, except for the bit with poor Satoshi, who's been captured by the crazy lady and is about to have a very bad day... He certainly didn't take seeing Saki and Akira together too well!

Speaking for the blue lipped lady, in the sixth episode they say it's estimated that she has taken 20,000 "johnny's." That woman has been busy! :sweat:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 5:27 am 
Major Contributor

Eden of the East is definitely one of the most intriguing anime I've watched in a long time. I'm up to episode 4 at this point and I must say that the interaction between "Akira" and Saki is probably as interesting as the mystery behind the "Selecao" itself (heck, probably more interesting). Also of interest is in the way that the show casually throws in current events during Akira and Saki's conversations, such as mentionings of the Freedom towers that will replace the World Trade Center towers. It's also slightly omninous the way that the missile attacks were first called "Careless Monday." Still, as much as I like the mystery aspect of the show, we've seen plenty of shows that portray post-modern themes, the downfall of modern civilization, etc. before and I'm curious to see exactly how the show will play out. Is it ultimately intended to be a morality tale? Or will have more focus on the characters/human aspect such as the relationship between "Akira" and Saki. Personally I'm more interested in the latter, since that's what drew me to the series to begin with. The whole thriller/mystery aspect is interesting but it's not really anything that's fresh or surprising so far. (Though I have to wonder if the "incident" that "Akira" caused concerning 20,000 NEETs is some sort of back-handed jab at the viewing audience, many of which I imagine would be NEETs. :P)

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2009, 5:33 pm 

Hey now..I have a job..I'm no NEET :lol2:

Anyways upto ep. 5...really liking it...Acmurphy was right about that
Spoiler
kiss
scene...it wasn't dragged out....but that other kid...poor him...

Now I do notice how much they mention all kind of movies..haha...the creators either want to portray their favs in the series or of course this all have a deeper meaning :boohoo:

Anyways enjoying it upto now...I just hope it remains interesting :d^_^b:

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2009, 5:05 pm 

Hmm didn't to double post but anyways....

Saw ep 6 and 7...haven't seen 8th yet...not sure if there are more than 8 now..ha

But anyways enjoyed those 2 chapters (Juiz really knows how to do requests at lightning speed)...now where the hell is the kid than? :sweat:
Guess I'll have to see 8...

Edit:
Spoiler
For some reason when he said the mall can be used for all those people..I felt as if he was maybe grouping all the NEET's again to blow them all up again...if...that's what he did before :shifty:

Post subject: Re: Eden of the East
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2009, 1:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

Higashi no Eden will be running at our new Anime Club in January.
I'm looking forward to the show, hoping I'll have time to attend, and eventually write something about it here.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2009, 4:03 pm 

Put it off until March and later if you can. Since the series is incomplete by itself and requires the two movies for full completion.

First movie has hit the big screens, not out on DVD yet. Second movie hits the screens in March.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 2:14 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Put it off until March and later if you can. Since the series is incomplete by itself and requires the two movies for full completion.

Thanks for the tip.
But... thing is, if I don't watch it with the Anime Club I'll probably get a copy to watch later, put it at the end of the waiting line, and it will take almost two years until I have time, after watching everything that's ahead of it in my waiting list.

Hm... just to make it clear to myself... what is actually currently on the waiting list?

Mujin Wakusei Survive (now watching)
Mezzo DSA
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Moon wo sagashite
Xenosaga
Gundam Seed
Cutey Honey
Taiyô no Mokushiroku
DNA2
Wolf's Rain
Shichi-nin no Nana
Gasaraki
Avenger
Matantei Loki Ragnarök
Peace maker Kurogane
DNAngel
Karakuri Zôshi Ayatsuri Sakon
The Powerpuff Girls
Rahxephon
The Galaxy Rangers
Konjiki no Gash Bell
K-On

That's about the remaining half of what was on the list in late 2005.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2009, 5:06 am 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
That's about the remaining half of what was on the list in late 2005.

You're getting through these titles about as fast as I am! :boohoo:

Definitely check out Eden of the East sooner rather than later. It's true the story is going to be completed in the two upcoming movies, but it's not as though the series is completely open ended. You find out most of what's going on and one of the stories major arcs is completed leading up to the two movie finale. It's one of the best series I have seen as of late so I hope you and your Club enjoy it as well.