Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I'M BACK!
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 6:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

AMDS wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
When're you gonna get that video up on youtube???

When I get 5 seconds to breeth. ...might get a chance tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Just get it done... he's really hot about it... who knows how long he can hold back the pressure!? :lol:

Spoiler
I apologize in case that was a tad too implicit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 4:02 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
AMDS wrote:
When I get 5 seconds to breeth. ...might get a chance tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Just get it done... he's really hot about it... who knows how long he can hold back the pressure!? :lol:

:nose: Damn it, it's too late... I never can control these nosebleeds! AMDS needs to get that video up before I bleed to death! :crap:

42317 wrote:

I think you mean explicit. Implicit would mean you're apologizing for the comment possibly not being overtly graphic enough :lol: Unless that was the joke you were going for there of course. (Can't be too sure with English being your second (third?) language. What are you better at anyway, English or Japanese?)

AMDS wrote:
The producer said, at the time, that he could finance it himself for $600K or get financing from a friend for $1.5 million, but there was never any figure discussed higher than that. :roll:

Um...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=257&hilit=million&start=134
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=257&hilit=million&start=139

AMDS wrote:
Unfortunatley, at BC, the prices have skyrocketed, and the cost of each credit is about double that of UF now. :shock:

Ouch, well it's a good thing you are getting finished up with it then!

AMDS wrote:
Since I was paying for school (now I have no money so I get a little help since this semester), I simply couldn't afford any more time than 2 years. I also commute to school (4 hours a day), and therefore have no time to hold down a part time job to pay for the school. :sigh:

Holy crap, I hope you don't have to do that every day or anything. I commuted for two hours a day for a month when I want to the University of Central Florida, and that got old real quick... and it was only 2-3 days a week.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2009, 4:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
42317 wrote:

I think you mean explicit. Implicit would mean you're apologizing for the comment possibly not being overtly graphic enough :lol: Unless that was the joke you were going for there of course.

Hmmmm... let me see...

This is the notion that I had in mind: "Implied though not directly expressed"
As opposed to "Precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable"
(from Webster's Dictionary).

So, from "what I had in mind" to what I have done:
Of course you realized what I was talking about (implying?), but I did not directly (explicitly) say that I was imagining you having a serious hard-on (or tell-tale nose bleeds) in anticipation of David's videos. :lol:
Now I'd say that was explicit.

But indeed English is my second language, so feel free to correct anything that's wrong.
I'm very much better at English than at speaking Japanese. I can read about everything in English just like that, and as you saw I feel sure enough to even write fiction in English. Japanese on the other hand is still "work", it takes me a good deal of effort to work myself through Japanese texts that are above a casual level, like theater critics, academic or any literature about a special topic, because those of course have special vocabulary, and other than English I cannot deduce the meaning of a fancy technical term from my knowledge of common Latin or Greek morphemes.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2009, 5:23 pm 

42317 wrote:
Um...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=257&hilit=million&start=134
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=257&hilit=million&start=139

Originally, I was told that this "producer" would be looking for a budget ranging up to $6 million. However, when I spoke to him, I discovered that he had inflated his resources and he could not self finance for more than 600K, and outside finance for a max of $1.3 mil.

Acmurphy wrote:
Ouch, well it's a good thing you are getting finished up with it then!

Well it especially helps because its the best time now, with the terrible economy, to get a loan for grad school (though two have turned me down so far, so I've gotta pray that one of the remaining four accepts me. :? ).

Acmurphy wrote:
Holy crap, I hope you don't have to do that every day or anything. I commuted for two hours a day for a month when I want to the University of Central Florida, and that got old real quick... and it was only 2-3 days a week.

I do it at least five days a week. Since I have recently settled some things with administration and transcripts, hopefully I won't have to spend any extra days commuting. 8)

Acmurphy wrote:
AMDS needs to get that video up before I bleed to death! :crap:

I have it on DVD and MiniDV, but the original file is at the school, and I don't have final cut to upload it myself. So, when break ends and I go back on the 20th I'll do my best to find some free time to upload it via their systems. Should be up by May hopefully. :wink: