Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'M BACK!
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 2:57 am 

Yeah. College delayed me from my eminent return. :P

Anyway, what's been happening since... well... idk, how long has it been.... a year?

Nice to be back! :D Anyone still on here? :blink:

Post subject: Re: I'M BACK!
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 3:52 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
:shock: Hey AMDS, nice to see ya back 'round these parts!

AMDS wrote:
Yeah. College delayed me from my eminent return. :P

Does that mean that now you have finally finished with College and are off to Hollywood to continue working on those scripts? Speaking of which, how is all that going for ya? I would imagine over the past... ya it has been over a year..., that you have had quite a few new projects to work on. Do tell!

AMDS wrote:
Anyway, what's been happening since... well... idk, how long has it been.... a year?

Not much happening here, other than our continual quest to watch more anime :gatsu:

AMDS wrote:
Nice to be back! :D Anyone still on here? :blink:

It's good to have ya back. There are still a couple of us old salts hanging about and a few new faces since you were last here. I'm sure you'll get to know them right quick! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 6:26 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Not much happening here, other than our continual quest to watch more anime :gatsu:

Must. See. More. Anime.

AMDS wrote:
Nice to be back! :D

Welcome Back! Glad yer here.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 2:17 pm 

Holy hell...I forgot all about you :lol2:

Though I did post the old animetric comic where you tried your evil plot on us..ha you might want to check it out for old times...I think its at the Anything Goes thread...

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 8:19 pm 
Resident Scholar

Crazy, just crazy... I just remembered having "Toon Wars" on my hard drive and AMDS comes poppin' back in! Great to have you back... more frequently, please! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 12:26 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
Does that mean that now you have finally finished with College and are off to Hollywood to continue working on those scripts? Speaking of which, how is all that going for ya? I would imagine over the past... ya it has been over a year..., that you have had quite a few new projects to work on. Do tell!

Not quite. I graduated high school June 2007, but I'm finishing my Bachelors in June, so I'm almost there. 12 credits after this semester, then grad school in the fall for film production also (if any of them accept me, that is :shock: ).

I'm still doing scripts, and did a 10 minute experimental film (on film actually) which I'm gonna put up on youtube soon. Just did my thesis film (nothing special though), and working on my 8th script. Also doing a writing assignment for someone (hell, it pays something at least! :blink: ).

Also busy with getting some songs ready in a band I'm in for recording as a demo, possibly. We'll see how that goes. :?

Also did a silent film not worth mentioning and some other school related stuff. Other than that, not much, just trying to make it through school before I make the move.

Thanks for the welcomes! It's great to be back! 8)

PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 10:51 am 
Resident Scholar

AMDS wrote:
if any of them accept me...
nothing special though...
not worth mentioning...

I can hardly hope to even guess the limits of your capabilities... I remember you being a pretty bright and astonishingly creative person. Your humbleness is honorable but it doesn't do you justice. Really. :wink:

PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 6:31 pm 

42317 wrote:
Your humbleness is honorable but it doesn't do you justice. Really. :wink:

Yeah, but I also have no money in the bank! :blink:

But hopefully my summer job will give me some. 8)

Thanks so much! It's great to be back. :D

PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 6:45 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Welcome back AMDS! Even though I don't know you personally, but still you have my welcomes. :D

PostPosted: March 25th, 2009, 9:35 pm 

Welcome back!! Looking forward to seeing some interresting posts from you.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2009, 12:09 am 
Resident Admin

AMDS wrote:
Not quite. I graduated high school June 2007, but I'm finishing my Bachelors in June, so I'm almost there. 12 credits after this semester, then grad school in the fall for film production also (if any of them accept me, that is :shock: ).

Wow, you rocketed through college, only took you two years?!?!?! :shock: Nice work!

AMDS wrote:
I'm still doing scripts, and did a 10 minute experimental film (on film actually) which I'm gonna put up on youtube soon. Just did my thesis film (nothing special though), and working on my 8th script. Also doing a writing assignment for someone (hell, it pays something at least! :blink: ).

It's good to hear you're still working on those scripts. Are you planning on being a script writer, director, or both? (And you should get that video up on youtube!)

AMDS wrote:
Also busy with getting some songs ready in a band I'm in for recording as a demo, possibly. We'll see how that goes. :?

Got a lot of irons in the fire eh? What instrument do you play in the band, or are you a singer?

PostPosted: March 30th, 2009, 5:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

Say, what happened to that script you wanted to place during the authors' strike?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 2:31 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
Wow, you rocketed through college, only took you two years?!?!?! :shock: Nice work!

Actually, I like the intensity. The hard part isn't the amount of work, it's the administration trying to prevent you from doing it. And here I was thinking that colleges were places of learning, not business wall-street, money grubbers. :P

Acmurphy wrote:
It's good to hear you're still working on those scripts. Are you planning on being a script writer, director, or both? (And you should get that video up on youtube!)

Both. Originally I was just gonna be a screenwriter, but then I got a part time job at staples and was selling insurance on furniture up the wazoo, so I figured I might be ok at producing. Then I started getting groups of people together to get projects done (e.g.- I formed a band, knowing next to nothing about music), so people told me I'm a good delegater. I also like working with actors. What do I know, whatever I get to do is cool by me. :wink:

Acmurphy wrote:
t a lot of irons in the fire eh? What instrument do you play in the band, or are you a singer?

Rhythm Guitar. I provide harmony, but not too much else, since I'm not professionally trained. :? I basically am light years behind the rest of my bandmates in terms of experience. But I cover that up by playing rhythm and sticking to easy chords for the most part. :P I also co-write the songs, so that's the reason they haven't kicked me out... at least that's my theory. :roll:

Gojira wrote:
Welcome back AMDS! Even though I don't know you personally, but still you have my welcomes. :D

I don't know anyone personally on the boards. At least in the formal sense -- I think there were only two people who knew me personally, and both of them left the boards. :shock:

42317 wrote:
Say, what happened to that script you wanted to place during the authors' strike?

Are you talking about when the producer contacted me last January, or some contest I entered?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 3:04 am 
Resident Admin

AMDS wrote:
Are you talking about when the producer contacted me last January, or some contest I entered?

I think he's talking about the one with the 6 million dollar budget.

AMDS wrote:
Actually, I like the intensity. The hard part isn't the amount of work, it's the administration trying to prevent you from doing it. And here I was thinking that colleges were places of learning, not business wall-street, money grubbers. :P

Oh they certainly want your money, though I don't think the college really makes that much more or less based on how long it takes you. At UF I pay 100 dollars per course hour, whether I finished in 1 year or 4, I still have to take the same number of hours regardless. Technically, they should want you out of there as soon as possible so they can make as much money off you as possible in as little time as possible. They may have been more worried about you taking too many classes and failing out than anything else. (Sine then they wouldn't have been able to get your money :lol: )

I'm too lazy to take that type of load though. I could have finished faster if I had taken more than 12 hours a semester, but I wanted to enjoy my time more than I wanted to finish with school.

AMDS wrote:
Both. Originally I was just gonna be a screenwriter, but then I got a part time job at staples and was selling insurance on furniture up the wazoo, so I figured I might be ok at producing. Then I started getting groups of people together to get projects done (e.g.- I formed a band, knowing next to nothing about music), so people told me I'm a good delegater. I also like working with actors. What do I know, whatever I get to do is cool by me. :wink:

Well, as long as you're good at it there's really no reason not to do both! When're you gonna get that video up on youtube???

AMDS wrote:
Rhythm Guitar. I provide harmony, but not too much else, since I'm not professionally trained. :? I basically am light years behind the rest of my bandmates in terms of experience. But I cover that up by playing rhythm and sticking to easy chords for the most part. :P I also co-write the songs, so that's the reason they haven't kicked me out... at least that's my theory. :roll:

That would be pretty unfortunate getting kicked out of the band you started! :mrgreen: Hopefully you can keep it up with writing those songs and maybe keep increasing those rhythm guitar skills. You should post some of your songs for us to hear too :wink: What type of music do you guys play anyway?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2009, 10:05 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
I think he's talking about the one with the 6 million dollar budget.

The producer said, at the time, that he could finance it himself for $600K or get financing from a friend for $1.5 million, but there was never any figure discussed higher than that. :roll:

That guy wound up wanting me to write a whole script from scratch for $500, and then take half writing credit for it. :wtf: Wasn't gonna happen. :shame:

Acmurphy wrote:
Oh they certainly want your money, though I don't think the college really makes that much more or less based on how long it takes you. At UF I pay 100 dollars per course hour, whether I finished in 1 year or 4, I still have to take the same number of hours regardless. Technically, they should want you out of there as soon as possible so they can make as much money off you as possible in as little time as possible. They may have been more worried about you taking too many classes and failing out than anything else. (Sine then they wouldn't have been able to get your money )

I'm too lazy to take that type of load though. I could have finished faster if I had taken more than 12 hours a semester, but I wanted to enjoy my time more than I wanted to finish with school.

Unfortunatley, this is not the case with CUNY BC. I took 4 classes in 4 weeks (12 credits) at another college in the summer of 08 and achieved a 3.6 GPA. I had to go through a million petitions just to take an extra class in the winter (9 credits, 3 classes, in 4 weeks).

My first semester at CUNY BC, I achieved at 3.74 GPA, but I wasn't allowed to take anything more than 18 credits, because that wasn't "high enough" to qualify for 7 classes. :roll:

Unfortunatley, at BC, the prices have skyrocketed, and the cost of each credit is about double that of UF now. :shock:

As for wanting me out ASAP, the faculty of the film department dispise me because I've accidentally showed several of them up as being either washed up or just not knowing what they're talking about. Trust me, none of it was intentional, and a lot of it is just in their minds. :blink:

Since I was paying for school (now I have no money so I get a little help since this semester), I simply couldn't afford any more time than 2 years. I also commute to school (4 hours a day), and therefore have no time to hold down a part time job to pay for the school. :sigh:

Acmurphy wrote:
When're you gonna get that video up on youtube???

When I get 5 seconds to breeth. ...might get a chance tomorrow. I'll let you know. :wink:

Acmurphy wrote:
You should post some of your songs for us to hear too What type of music do you guys play anyway?

We play... our own stuff. :P Beatles and zeppelin inspired music.

We have to actually get around to recording some of the songs. When we do, again, I'll let you know. 8)

Oh... late to class. Gotta go. :roll: