Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FLCL
PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 7:28 am 
Post Master

wolfwood wrote:
I think FLCL it's all about the crazy animation and the soundtrack!! The plot is original.
But yea, the music in it is amazing. The Pillows remain to this day one of my favorite bands.

Then why not just listen to the soundtrack instead of watch the anime?

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 8:38 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
wolfwood wrote:
I think FLCL it's all about the crazy animation and the soundtrack!! The plot is original.
But yea, the music in it is amazing. The Pillows remain to this day one of my favorite bands.

Then why not just listen to the soundtrack instead of watch the anime?

Because they like the title as well. Wolfwood and others just really love the music by The Pillows too.

I'd comment on the music but I can't even remember it. I'm not a The Pillows fan myself so it probably never stuck me as anything extraordinary.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 8:14 pm 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
Because they like the title as well. Wolfwood and others just really love the music by The Pillows too.

It just seems to me like the people who like the show describe it as if the soundtrack is the main positive aspect.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 8:57 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

It just seems to me like the people who like the show describe it as if the soundtrack is the main positive aspect.

If they just like the series but love the music that's sort of how it ends up. The soundtrack may be the best part, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the only thing they like or think the rest is awful when it's the main positive aspect they mention.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2009, 12:05 am 

Mmsven, what I'm trying to say is that to me FLCL was a new watching experience, where music took a main role, this turned the series into something different, and I appreciated that. I will never forget watching the "baseball scene" and listening to "crazy sunshine"! The story was engaging too, although difficult to follow at some points, but overall interesting, and the art was great and very original as well.
FLCL is by no means the best thing out there, but I think a change of pace is good every now and then. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea though.
Listening only to the soundtrack is a good idea, just as it is to listen to any of the Pillows' albums; that's If you are in for the music. But the essence of FLCL is more than music. Can't really describe it, all I know is that it was definitely an unforgettable title.