Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xbox 360 Sucks
PostPosted: December 19th, 2008, 9:40 pm 
Post Master

Microsoft can't make a good and reliable piece of hardware if their fucking lives depended on it.

The 360 controller is the worst piece of crap I've ever handled. It's on the level of the N64 controller. The D-pad shouldn't even exist, because when I press it directly up, it registers other directions. I browse the demo menu, I keep pressing down to scroll demos. But guess what? the fucking thing keeps registering left or right, goes to the "popular" tab, and it fucking gets reset at the top. The joystick doesn't help because it's ultra sensitive in those menus. Speaking of the JOYSTICKS, I hope Microsoft is proud of what a fucking shitty, shoddy job their doing. The controller that came with my system had a fucked up right joystick, whenever I pressed left it would always continue going slightly in that direction because the joystick doesn't completely centre itself. It was fucking disorienting in shooters or really anything that used that stick. I exchanged for a new one, but now the LEFT stick is fucked. Now it doesn't completely centre itself when I press up, but its even worse of a case than before.

Other than the controllers, the DVD drive sounds like an unhooded car engine when its reading a disk. And we all know about how it can scratch disks and about the RROD, atleast you should know.

"It's cheaper than PS3" I have seen so much. But it's not when you have to pay an extra $160 for a wireless adaptor and a gold subscription.

I can't believe how much money I've wasted on these garbage systems. The PS3 was the only worthwhile investment.

Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Sucks
PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 1:07 am 

:clap:

I completely agree with you mmsven. The Xbox360 isn't worth while, also since theres a high chance of getting the red ring of death. The PS3 does rock especially now that the new Call of Duty came out.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 4:32 am 
Major Contributor

I kind of agree, too. I was able to play Assassin's Creed all the way through (and I really enjoyed that game), but after I'd played Star Wars KOTOR 2: the Sith Lords for a while, I started taking a bunch of crap before Mr. Red Ring came calling. It's been long enough so I don't remember what the problem was, just that I was having trouble playing the game.

Might be able to reconsider PS3 after new years, though, depending on the cost. How's the reverse compatibility? It was after I seriously started using what there is for 360 that I started having problems.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 3:27 pm 

shgarland wrote:
Might be able to reconsider PS3 after new years, though, depending on the cost. How's the reverse compatibility? It was after I seriously started using what there is for 360 that I started having problems.

The reverse compatibility is great and works just fine - for me anyway. I only had trouble with one game i can't remember what the title is at the moment, but it wasn't some major platform game. Other then the one game i had issues with i've been able to play everything from ps1 games to ps2 games on my ps3 with no issues.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 10:28 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Aww... It's not as good as your "Wii Sucks" thread. :diss:

Anyway, I have an Xbox 360 myself and I like it, even though I hardly play video games now these days. I don't view the technical aspects of a system, which is the LEAST of my concern for it has a better library of games and the more games it has, the better the investment IMHO.

*Looks forward for you "PS3 Sucks" thread in the near future* j/k :lol:

PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 2:18 am 
Post Master

Seems like 3rd times the charm. I went and exchanged my controller again and the analog stick problem isn't as significant on the new one. I still won't forgive Microsoft because I was at the height of my pessimism. I have a feeling that its a 50/50 in terms of how good a controller you get.

Quote:
Aww... It's not as good as your "Wii Sucks" thread.

I rushed this one because I was really pissed off. I don't think the 360 is as bad as the Wii anyway.

Quote:
*Looks forward for you "PS3 Sucks" thread in the near future* j/k :lol:

You won't see it happening. I have had my PS3 by far the longest, and I have yet to discover any significant flaws.

Quote:
How's the reverse compatibility? It was after I seriously started using what there is for 360 that I started having problems.

If you want the BC you will need to buy a used system. The last model that had it was the white-boxed 80gb MGS4 bundle which went out of print shortly after I bought mine. It's worth it though, you can upscale ps/2 games to 1080p and add smoothing, both of which sharpen 3d graphics and round-out 2d graphics. You also get to use the wireless controller.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 3:19 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
If you want the BC you will need to buy a used system. The last model that had it was the white-boxed 80gb MGS4 bundle which went out of print shortly after I bought mine. It's worth it though, you can upscale ps/2 games to 1080p and add smoothing, both of which sharpen 3d graphics and round-out 2d graphics. You also get to use the wireless controller.

This would be preferable, anyway, cost-wise. Buying used made 360 easier to get. I'd assume this'd be true for PS3 as well. I can actually survive without BC, though, because my current PS2 is the small one, which is easier to travel with than the PS3 or the larger PS2 (if I were still able to travel like that). I'd keep it. (Still have just about every console I've ever owned, anyway...)

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2008, 3:26 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I'm looking for the console's suck thread. PC's reign supreme! :gatsu:

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2008, 4:51 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
I'm looking for the console's suck thread. PC's reign supreme! :gatsu:

You wouldn't believe how many PC/game problems I've had in the past. When I first got this computer I'm using, I couldn't play a single game without it freezing, crashing, showing a black screen, or wildly skipping, and every single problem had their own solution that the "experts" couldn't quite figure out. This led to my undoubted first fits of insanity. I may have figured out the problems but PC gaming hasn't been quite the same, not to mention some of my fucking games still freeze.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 1:42 am 

Yay, I am getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas. I got the base model, but the only thing I am really going to upgrade is the hard drive. Thinking about getting a 20GB but not sure if that will be big enough. I just want to play Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, and Fable II. Really not much of an extreme gamer.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 5:17 am 
Major Contributor

How the hell could I forget I played Halo 3!? That was a great game! 20 might be fine though.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2008, 4:02 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
You won't see it happening. I have had my PS3 by far the longest, and I have yet to discover any significant flaws.

Well, the PS3 doesn't have an impressive game library compare to the other systems, sooooo...

If you're not gonna do a PS3 or PC rant, how about a rant on the movie, Troll 2? It's the best damn worst movie period. 8)

PostPosted: December 24th, 2008, 5:38 am 
Post Master

Gojira wrote:
Well, the PS3 doesn't have an impressive game library compare to the other systems

Ok. Says you? If you don't know already, most multiconsole games are ps3 and 360 only, so how does the Wii have more/better games than PS3? And how are 360 exclusives better than PS3 exclusives?

Please share your wisdom, because I have done plenty enough talking already.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2008, 1:19 pm 

Gojira wrote:
Well, the PS3 doesn't have an impressive game library compare to the other systems, sooooo...

I happen to think the PS3 has a somewhat impressive game library starting. Sometimes good things take awhile to happen, more games will be coming out for the PS3 come 2009. I am looking for the new Dragon Age coming out and Final Fantasy (which will hopefully be out in 2009).

PostPosted: December 24th, 2008, 3:49 pm 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
Ok. Says you?

Yes, for I'm Awesomeness incarnate.

Quote:
If you don't know already, most multiconsole games are ps3 and 360 only, so how does the Wii have more/better games than PS3?

Well the Wii has Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the other consoles don't. Also, they have Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid and other characters made by Nintendo, which kick ass. 8)

Quote:
And how are 360 exclusives better than PS3 exclusives?

Halo 3, Gears of War I&II, and the Dead or Alive series, duhz.

Quote:
Please share your wisdom, because I have done plenty enough talking already.

Oh I have, cuz I'm so damn good. 8) Now how about you review Troll 2, because I wanna hear you rant on one of the best worst movies ever.

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I happen to think the PS3 has a somewhat impressive game library starting. Sometimes good things take awhile to happen, more games will be coming out for the PS3 come 2009. I am looking for the new Dragon Age coming out and Final Fantasy (which will hopefully be out in 2009).

Well, that Lair game out for the PS3 seemed to look cool. Same with the Resistance series. I'll have to get a PS3 sometime soon, since the game library has increased from what I've heard. That's only if I have the time and money to do so.