Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well the Fresno gallery...
PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 1:06 pm 

Hey since everyone is doing it....but I don't have any uploaded drawings of mine...so expect that soon...

I will, though, post some of my photoshop doings...I've taken a few manga pages and colored them with photoshop...I'm still learning since I only did this once like 6 years ago with a dbz drawing a did....but now I've been doing it a lot to get the hang of it....

Anyway...here they are...first the manga page and than the colored by Fresno page..ha...

It seems that some lines were lost when I colored it...but I still managed to do well...I think...

I really like how I did this Sasori pic...maybe since it's darker than the other ones I've made...

Ha did a lot of lines to make her hair look that way...

Even included a close up on this one..so it could be appreciated...don't know if anyone ever read AeDogs...

By messing around I got that glowing effect on his weapon's chakra...it's also incomplete...like the enemies eyes and part of Asumi's clothing...oh well...

Now with this one (the one above of course...just in case) I realized it's better to erase the shadow lines afterwards to make it look better...

Shiny...

First one I colored...I could still do better with her...

Someone had already done the lineart...so I just used it for fun...though making lineart isn't hard at all....I remember when I did that DBZ one back than I traced all over the original line to have my own lineart layer...but when I did the Bleach girl one..umm..the one with the green hair...I than realized that with first using the magic wand..and than messing with the fuzziness I think it was...I could get the lines better...
That was than...now I copy and paste the whole thing on a blank background and color dodge (I think it was color dodge...I don't have photoshop on the comp I'm using now) and that erases all the white giving me instantly lineart with no hazzle whatsoever...

Post subject: Re: Well the Fresno gallery...
PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:43 am 

That's good stuff Fresno. I really liked how the blue haired girl came out, and also the texture/pattern on Sakura's dress.
Oh, and Asumi's sword looks kickass. I need to learn how to make those cool glowing effects on Photoshop. I think I'm going to spend a couple of days this vacation reading some photoshop tutorials to improve my skills.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 1:09 am 

Wow Fresno I really like your art. :D

I think you did a great job on them and my favorite would be the first 2 with the guy in the armor - it looks wicked!

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 10:41 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Ooh. Those are pretty spiffy there, Fresno. Btw, do you take any requests, if you don't mind. :D

PostPosted: December 20th, 2008, 11:34 pm 

The Blade Maiden colorings remind me why is there a barrier between mortals and heroes.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 2:07 am 

Well thanks guys....though I could do better...I've seen much better coloring than mine...but I'm still learning stuff...

I do have one more I did at the same time I did those...I just forgot about it...it was the last one I did...haven't done anything else since than...not even sigs...

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 3:45 am 
Lurker

Holy word i can't say but you know what it is. That is some badass work. :shock:

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 5:43 pm 
Resident Scholar

Bloodfairy wrote:
The Blade Maiden colorings remind me why is there a barrier between mortals and heroes.

:?:
Please elaborate.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2009, 8:29 pm 

42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:

:?:
Please elaborate.

Heroes are half-godly beings able to excel in one or various fields. Mortals are simple wannabes.

The coloring of Blade Maiden improves the original B/W thing. I'm in love with the beige shadowing of floor and wall, plus the purple outfit (skilfully shadowed) which conferes elegance to the character. In addition, the pastel colors chosen for her skin and eyes contrast strongly with her outfit and her hair, which are as well in strong, cold colors (navy blue and purple), reinforcing the impression of sadness and ennui. The rod is in a red tone dark enough to suit her outfit and hair too.

Those are my reasons for claiming Fresno's coloring as heroic.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2009, 8:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

Bloodfairy wrote:
Heroes are half-godly beings able to excel in one or various fields.

International military cemetaries are full of half-godly beings then? :lol:

Hm... morbid joke, sorry.
So okay... your calling the colors, or the picture in general, an expression of heroism is based on a subjective notion.
I see, that's okay. I was only asking because... well, you might know more about the history of art than I do, maybe there's something about chromatics that I missed, the meaning of certain color tones... or whatever, something more graspable.
I like the picture a lot, actually it's the only one that looks better in color imho. The picture shows a determined person and I just thought the colors were fitting.
I'm just wondering how she can walk/run/fight without losing these huge shoes. They're not incredibly tightly tied as it seems. :D

PostPosted: January 31st, 2009, 10:25 pm 

Here's another one I had back home..and since I'm here with my HD I uploaded it...

PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 3:31 pm 

Pretty nice job. Got a question about a couple of the details.

-Why did you choose to add highlights to the of the eyes?
-Why did you choose to eliminate the iris' in the girls' eyes?
-Why did you increase the amount of tears in her eyes as well?

Did you need to do it in the colorization process or was it an artistic choice?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 6:13 pm 

I'd say more of an artistic style...I will make the eyes the same on every coloring because I just enjoy doing them that way :lol2:

And I think the tears look better and more meaningful than just that titsy bit the original has...I don't know it could just be me...

Take this one for example (also done by me)...well not as noticeable than the one we're talking about (unless I show the original size)...still I guess making the eyes that way just make it feel fresnorized :gatsu:

I noticed I didn't do it with Sakura....but those were my first....I'm trying to get used to a a style...Fresno style..

PostPosted: February 11th, 2009, 11:17 pm 

42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
Heroes are half-godly beings able to excel in one or various fields.

International military cemetaries are full of half-godly beings then? :lol:

Hm... morbid joke, sorry.
So okay... your calling the colors, or the picture in general, an expression of heroism is based on a subjective notion.
I see, that's okay. I was only asking because... well, you might know more about the history of art than I do, maybe there's something about chromatics that I missed, the meaning of certain color tones... or whatever, something more graspable.
I like the picture a lot, actually it's the only one that looks better in color imho. The picture shows a determined person and I just thought the colors were fitting.
I'm just wondering how she can walk/run/fight without losing these huge shoes. They're not incredibly tightly tied as it seems. :D

No, I was merely saying the coloring rocks ass heavily. But I just wanted to express it in a new way :P

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 11:28 am 

You know after I colored all those I never did any more haha..I should have to get better but oh well...so I started to color again to see if I remembered how to do so...and to see if I can finally get better..

Here are a few I did during these days..I'm trying to make them all one after another fast and differently to see what comes out of it in the end...

Attachment:
File comment: Miu from History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
miumiu2-tile.jpg
miumiu2-tile.jpg [ 1010.29 KiB | Viewed 3876 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Rukia which I guess I did too dark but I also did it in like an hour or less to quickly move on ha
rukia1-tile.jpg
rukia1-tile.jpg [ 221.24 KiB | Viewed 3876 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: I did this one right after the Rukia one...and decided to do it more like the anime colors ha and only used one kind of shadows which I just made up here and there..
ichigo_lineart_by_d_kane-d33nxbg-tile.jpg
ichigo_lineart_by_d_kane-d33nxbg-tile.jpg [ 542.6 KiB | Viewed 3876 times ]