Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Requesting a hentai review?
PostPosted: November 19th, 2008, 6:54 pm 
Resident Scholar

Shirogetsune wrote:
When you guys grab a title for a review, what are you looking for? The Good? The Bad? The Urotsukidoji?

Urotsukidôji does have nice parts, and if you remove 75 % of the sex scenes it's actually a pretty good show, with action, suspense, and interesting characters. :|
It's just these 75 % unnecessary and rather unmotivated tentacle-rape-sex...

Post subject: Re: Requesting a review?
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 12:33 am 
Major Contributor

Here's one, since there hasn't been a lot of non-hentai reviews lately: Moon Phase. I've been wondering about it as long as I've known it was up on iTunes, and I remember there was a trailer for it on one of the discs of Rumbling Hearts. Just wondering what you'd think of it (assuming you've seen it), Acmurphy. (I checked to see if had been reviewed before posting, and it hasn't been.)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 12:48 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Yeah, it's been a while since Aaron has reviewed an anime series. He's been hentai-centric for far too long and I demand change! Start reviewing anime series dammit! And while you're at it, can you possibly do reviews on Ninin ga Shinobuden and DearS sometime in the future? Also can you do a review on Troll 2 was well? And you can't piss on hospitality! I WON'T ALLOW IT! :lol:

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 7:24 am 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
Yeah, it's been a while since Aaron has reviewed an anime series. He's been hentai-centric for far too long and I demand change! Start reviewing anime series dammit! And while you're at it, can you possibly do reviews on Ninin ga Shinobuden and DearS sometime in the future? Also can you do a review on Troll 2 was well? And you can't piss on hospitality! I WON'T ALLOW IT! :lol:

I'm not even sure how the idea of requesting a Moon Phase review occurred to me. It's just, like I said, I've just been curious about it as long as I've known about iTunes having it. But your right; it's been hentai-only for too long. Don't mind hentai reviews, the normal anime just feels left out.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 7:41 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
There's a method to my madness, which I call the Animetric disparity. Each month anime reviews receive between 50-450 (about 150 on average) views each, hentai reviews receive between 1000-5000 (2000 average) views each. On the whole, people aren't coming to the site for anime reviews, so I have sort of shied away from trying to do an even split of both and have just fully gone the hentai route (though I still do work on anime reviews, I haven't given up on them completely :lol:). I had hoped that all my h-reviews would have been supplemented by a review of Spaz's each month (since he doesn't do hentai) but that didn't quite work out. (He's more or less awol :cry:)

So if you want a real, tangible reason for the slew of hentai reviews, there ya go, It's not just that I'm perverted, as some people like to think :mrgreen:

As to the review requests, I haven't seen Moonphase, but I don't really have a problem checking it out (always seemed a bit moe-ish). Ninja Nonsense I have always been interested in seeing, but DearS I am not so sure of. I'll see what I can't do, but given my track record with requested reviews, you may be better off just checking it out yourselves to be quite frank. Oh course, I don't mind watching some of them and giving my opinion on what I have seen, which is basically what happened with Kiddy Grade (especially since I didn't know if I could take finishing it). Whatever happens I'll do my best to give you guys an idea of the series, even if I don't get to the point of writing a review for it.

Troll 2 already gets 5 stars in my book :gatsu:

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
I had hoped that all my h-reviews would have been supplemented by a review of Spaz's each month (since he doesn't do hentai) but that didn't quite work out. (He's more or less awol :cry:)

Man...I see what you mean. Just checked his profile, and apparently he hasn't been on since November 10... Don't really mind reading hentai reviews (because animetric.com reviews should cover that as much as normal anime), it's just the more general anime reviews are kinda missed.

Acmurphy wrote:
So if you want a real, tangible reason for the slew of hentai reviews, there ya go, It's not just that I'm perverted, as some people like to think :mrgreen:

Long as you're owning up, dude...
:shifty: :wink:

Acmurphy wrote:
I haven't seen Moonphase, but I don't really have a problem checking it out (always seemed a bit moe-ish).

Really? Anyway, no big if haven't seen it; I just wouldn't mind seeing a review if you do.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 7:32 am 
Major Contributor

Actually I do watch hentai (though as I've said previously mainly for the humor) so I probably could post hentai reviews, but they would mostly consist of me lawling my may through the review ending with some sort of alliteration . . . :P

As for the AWOL thing, yeah I've been gone a while (working 20+ hours a week and attending school full time tends to do that to you). Also the fact that my writing style is based on relatively random bursts of inspiration/creativity that will often dwindle with the passage of time doesn't help either.

Seriously though, school's over for the year and I'm seriously committed this time to finish up all the loose ends on the reviews that I haven't completed. Honest . . . :lol:

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 1:40 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Actually I do watch hentai (though as I've said previously mainly for the humor) so I probably could post hentai reviews, but they would mostly consist of me lawling my may through the review ending with some sort of alliteration . . .

So what? :|

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 7:18 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:

So it probably won't be of use to anyone as purchasing advice . . . :P

PostPosted: December 9th, 2008, 7:19 pm 
Resident Admin

spazmaster666 wrote:
Actually I do watch hentai (though as I've said previously mainly for the humor) so I probably could post hentai reviews, but they would mostly consist of me lawling my may through the review ending with some sort of alliteration . . . :P

I don't doubt you watch them, it's just that you've never shown an interest in reviewing them so I assumed you weren't interested in such endeavors. And if you get those creative juices flowing I think I would rather they be put to use towards something substantive, rather than the shallow hentai spectrum :lol:

spazmaster666 wrote:
As for the AWOL thing, yeah I've been gone a while (working 20+ hours a week and attending school full time tends to do that to you). Also the fact that my writing style is based on relatively random bursts of inspiration/creativity that will often dwindle with the passage of time doesn't help either.

Real life's a bitch, I hear ya. I have somehow been able to keep my workload relatively light, though I must say all my not working is not going to do much for me when I try to find a job, especially now. Which is why I am going to try to find an internship over the next semester. Though one can only guess at how well that will turn out if things keep sliding downwards.

spazmaster666 wrote:
Seriously though, school's over for the year and I'm seriously committed this time to finish up all the loose ends on the reviews that I haven't completed. Honest . . . :lol:

And I for one definitely look forward to your, hopefully coming down the pike, reviews!

PostPosted: December 11th, 2008, 5:49 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
42317 wrote:

So it probably won't be of use to anyone as purchasing advice . . . :P

Why do you feel the need to advertise anything? I write reviews the way I feel about the show, and I don't give a **** about whether someone would purchase it because of my review. The way I see it, my reviews become more entertaining the less I liked the title.
Or does Animetric receive donations from the Hentai industry? :lol:

PostPosted: December 12th, 2008, 4:50 am 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:

I should with the number of hentai reviews I've been doing (goes off to write the hentai industry a letter!)

PostPosted: December 13th, 2008, 10:17 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Why do you feel the need to advertise anything? I write reviews the way I feel about the show, and I don't give a **** about whether someone would purchase it because of my review. The way I see it, my reviews become more entertaining the less I liked the title.

Well it's not that. I've always felt that the primary purpose of reviews is as purchasing advice: to help someone determine if a particular title is worth their time or money. So if the review I write isn't going to be useful to others to help them decide whether or not they should watch or purchase a particular title, then IMO, I've done the readers of the review a disservice. I mean that's part of the reason why we give ratings. If I was just reviewing something for leisure, I probably wouldn't give it a numerical score.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 8:55 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Your review on Ninin ga Shinobuden was epic beyond words, Acmurphy. I especially loved that pic of Onso right next to the title of the review.

Anyway, I would like to see you do a review on DearS, if you have the time for it.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 7:17 pm 
Resident Admin

Gojira wrote:
Your review on Ninin ga Shinobuden was epic beyond words, Acmurphy. I especially loved that pic of Onso right next to the title of the review.

Anyway, I would like to see you do a review on DearS, if you have the time for it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Gojira! And ya, that is a great picture of him :D

I'm not sure about DearS, but I'll see what I can't do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next