Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 1:25 pm 

Yeah that bites. Oh! (Ah!) My Goddess is a pretty good especially after they bring Hild in. Still I'm enjoying the anime much more for asimple reason. They're keeping Kiechi's and Belldandy's relationship going. Which make me happy.

I also have to suggest YuYu Hakaho manga. Just picked up a few copies of it and wow, it's sticks to the anime mostly but there wasa lot of stuff cut from it. So check it out if you can. I think they're up to the end of the dark tournement saga right now.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 9:26 pm 

I started reading Claymore and W Juliet - i'm only on the first volume of both but so far i'm hooked :)

W Juliet is about a girl named Ito and a boy named Makoto well Makoto wants to be an actor but his father won't let him unless Makoto finishes school as a girl and no one must find out. Its kind of cute, romantic, and funny as Ito might be a girl but she plays a boys role in plays and she's a tomboy and dresses like a guy, and you have Makoto who is male but makes a pretty good lookin woman lol. Well Ito does find out about Makoto's real gender and it goes from there.

Claymore is really wicked about these Yoma that attack villages but are able to disguise themselves as humans. The only people who are able to tell which human is a real human and which one is a Yoma are Claymores. All claymores are female as they are actually injected with part of a Yoma's power and are basically half-breeds, no male baby survived this experimentation.

Real good i love em. :)

PostPosted: July 29th, 2008, 10:35 pm 
Newcomer

Claymore is awesome. I definitely like that as well.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2008, 10:50 pm 

If you've read Neon Genesis Evangelion and/or Neon Genesis Evangelion the 2nd: Iron Maiden, I'd like your point of view on them. i'm thinking of honoring one of the greatest franchises, and I really don't know what I should do.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2008, 2:25 am 

Is D.Gray-Man close to finishing? If not, how many chapters/volumes are released a year?

I am looking for a new manga to read and I would rather it be completed or close to being completed. Love stories aren't for me, same for pure comedy managa. Any suggestions?

I like Berserk, FMA, Naruto, and Black Cat btw.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2008, 11:14 am 

zero_chaos wrote:
Is D.Gray-Man close to finishing? If not, how many chapters/volumes are released a year?

I am looking for a new manga to read and I would rather it be completed or close to being completed. Love stories aren't for me, same for pure comedy managa. Any suggestions?

I guess you could try Ray, by Akihito Yoshitomi, the author of Eat-Man (whose main character perfoms a cameo in this manga).

Ray deals with a girl with the same name, who lost her eyes due to a criminal syndicate's action. Fortunately for her, a surgeon called BJ did grant her X-sight eyes instead of her lost eyes. Now she works as a top-class surgeon while she tries to unveil the mystery of her past.

It's composed of 7 fairly big volumes, the price being 10 dollars per volume in Amazon (i guess it'll be cheaper in book stores). Tons of action, a thrilling story, well-constructed characters and a clean sense of aesthetics in the manga are its pros. Its cons: fanservice scenes (light yuri and uniforms, mainly) are absolutely random and boring, and the secondary characters are pretty... well, disattended.

It's highly recommendable, nevertheless.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2008, 4:48 am 
Newcomer

Bloodfairy wrote:
zero_chaos wrote:

I guess you could try Ray, by Akihito Yoshitomi, the author of Eat-Man (whose main character perfoms a cameo in this manga).

Ray deals with a girl with the same name, who lost her eyes due to a criminal syndicate's action. Fortunately for her, a surgeon called BJ did grant her X-sight eyes instead of her lost eyes. Now she works as a top-class surgeon while she tries to unveil the mystery of her past.

It's composed of 7 fairly big volumes, the price being 10 dollars per volume in Amazon (i guess it'll be cheaper in book stores). Tons of action, a thrilling story, well-constructed characters and a clean sense of aesthetics in the manga are its pros. Its cons: fanservice scenes (light yuri and uniforms, mainly) are absolutely random and boring, and the secondary characters are pretty... well, disattended.

It's highly recommendable, nevertheless.

I must add that this manga is a must for anyone that enjoys the work of the great Osamu Tezuka, as BJ is no other than everyone's favorite surgeon.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2008, 1:24 pm 

zero_chaos wrote:

Zero, have you read any BECk before? The manga scanlation is about to be finished, this December. You might want to give it a try.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BECK:_Mongolian_Chop_Squad
It's one of my favorite titles.
Do stay away from the anime series.