Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nintendo Wii sucks
PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 6:12 pm 
Post Master

I was in denial for a while, but I can't take it anymore. I was willing to forgive the Wii's ps2 graphical capability for a few things: Online play, component, and features. Since the amount of decent games is scarce, I was especially relying on all of those things.

Online play: I played a game of SSBB with a friend of mine. I can't play the fucking game when there's A WHOLE SECOND of delay for my actions. Even late in the game I wasn't up to par with my single player abilities. This doesn't happen to only me, mind you. The friend code system is also mentally retarded. In short, it fucking sucks.

Component: I was expecting the Wii to look at least on par with the ps2, but no, it isn't. One of the main reasons I bought a Wii was to play gamecube games in 480p. What I get is this trash:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5561/dscf0225iz5.png
SCAN LINES. This happens on Gamecube AND Wii games. It is especially apparent in Wind Waker (pic) but I also clearly see it in Wii Sports. I actually spent my money on 2 different fucking component cables because I thought the cable was the problem, but there was no difference whatsoever. In short, this piece of shit fucking sucks chunks of old crystallized diarrhea.

Features:
You have to pay for an online browser
No demo channel
No decent shopping menu
No update notifications
512 MB wii harddrive? SSBB already takes a big chunk of that for its savegame.

In short, how the fuck does this system sell so well? It deserves to be a bigger flop than the gamecube. Oh, right, the wii has its cheap gimmick. The PS3 and 360 are an infinitely better value now since they both drop in price while the Wii just floats in the incoming giant money bags.

Gameplay over graphics? we might as well be stuck in the fucking SNES days.

Post subject: Re: Nintendo Wii sucks
PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 7:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

Ha, I knew who created this thread way before I read the name. :lol:

Mmsven wrote:
In short, this piece of shit fucking sucks chunks of old crystallized diarrhea.

We should make a collection of all these sucking-related images of yours. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 8:21 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:

You kinda sound like the AVGN thar, Mmsven. :lol2:

Mmsven wrote:
Gameplay over graphics? we might as well be stuck in the fucking SNES days.

I see your point there and do agree to an extent, but I personally don't believe that graphics are THAT important. Don't get me wrong, I like to play a game that looks good, but I think it's the gameplay that counts the most. Look at Halo 3(whether if ya like it or not) for example, the graphics aren't anything spectacular to look at (though they're an improvement over the second game), but the gameplay is still great since it has new weapons, vehicles, items, etc. In other words, graphics make the game look snappy, but the gameplay is the SOUL of the game.

As for the Wii, I personally like it for its features and games, but I hardly play it now these days. The reason why I got it was for SSBB and Godzilla: Unleashed(that's a no DUH!). It's kinda gimmicky I'll give ya that, but I don't play games online and only use the online feature whenever I purchase old school games on the Virtual Console. Plus I like to keep it, since it's great for parties and special occasions.

Off-topic rant:
I know Godzilla: Unleashed is a kind of a crappy game and it looks like it's not finished or the glitches have been fixed. But it had a lot of the Godzilla kaiju from the movies such as Biollante, King Caesar, Titanosaurus (my favorite kaiju and my current avy), Varan, and Mechagodzilla (Showa). Krystalak and Obsidius, the 2 kaiju that were created for the game, we nothing great, but at least the Big-G has new monsters to fight. Plus, being a fan the Godzilla series I think it's a good game, but the best one is definitely Godzilla: Save the Earth on the Xbox. I own with Spacegodzilla in that game. :twisted: (He sucks in the Wii version of the game due to the crappy move configuration)

PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 11:38 pm 
Regular

I believe the primary success of the Wii is due to that fact that it's targetting not just dedicated gamers like ourselves, but market demographics who wouldn't even consider themselves gamers. It's games are billed as being "non-complex" and "easy to play", and you have to admit, seeing somebody wave a little remote around seems a lot less intimidating than somebody banging away on a keyboard or a controller. Graphics are of much less concern to casual gamers if they never bother playing the latest high-end releases.

Oh, and Gojira? I think if Jesus were alive, he wouldn't even NEED subtitles. As the Son of God, he can speak all languages and thus can watch anime in its original Japanese format. :lol:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 12:56 pm 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
Oh, and Gojira? I think if Jesus were alive, he wouldn't even NEED subtitles. As the Son of God, he can speak all languages and thus can watch anime in its original Japanese format. :lol:

I know, but that was one of things I said to PrfsrSnapesAngel on a little debate on AIM about which is better, anime dubbed or subbed. In my desperate attempt to convince her to agree with me, I had to use Jesus in my agree *because everyone loves Jesus, including me* and it happened to turn out to be a signature-worth quote that she suggested that I should use. Which I did.

*Disclaimer* I was just kidding folks and no offense to anyone with different faiths or no faith at all.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 1:21 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I think I am one of the few people who has still never played a Wii :blink: Sorry to hear it seems to have failed so badly for you Mmsven :(

Zaxares wrote:

Well, that and it wouldn't matter what language it's in because Jesus would love all dubs equally :lol:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 3:08 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Well, that and it wouldn't matter what language it's in because Jesus would love all dubs equally :lol:

The real Jesus would, but not Raptor Jesus.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm 

Mmsven wrote:

And then, Mmsven started to swear horribly.

By the way, there is something you might already know about new generation consoles: They're not going to bring you any absorbing game anymore.
Videogame producers don't like geeks. They don't like people who only play one or two games. They want people who play in groups. Group playing secures that each member will buy a console and a game. Geeks only assure you they're going to play that game until it's wholly squeezed.
Absorbing games such as FFVII might be remade, but not produced as new games anymore. You'll only see small stars like Assassin's Creed, but that may be the swan's singing. Our era is gone, and now we have The Sims, Wii Sports and such loads of casualgaming crap as "the fantabulous games of the year".

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 12:14 am 

Bloodfairy wrote:
By the way, there is something you might already know about new generation consoles: They're not going to bring you any absorbing game anymore.
Videogame producers don't like geeks. They don't like people who only play one or two games. They want people who play in groups. Group playing secures that each member will buy a console and a game. Geeks only assure you they're going to play that game until it's wholly squeezed.
Absorbing games such as FFVII might be remade, but not produced as new games anymore. You'll only see small stars like Assassin's Creed, but that may be the swan's singing. Our era is gone, and now we have The Sims, Wii Sports and such loads of casualgaming crap as "the fantabulous games of the year".

If this is true then gaming as i know it is dead to me. I don't consider myself a game geek, but i love the HUGE RPG's with storylines that go 40+ hours or even more to beat. I still have high-hopes though with Square-Enix..as far as RPG's go they have rarely let me down. I am a huge fan of their games.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 12:21 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
I think I am one of the few people who has still never played a Wii :blink: Sorry to hear it seems to have failed so badly for you Mmsven :(

:shifty:
I haven't either. I haven't had any interest, really. Besides...the two games I've seen for Wii that I'd want to play are Resident Evil 4 and Zelda: Twilight Princess, both of which were also put out on GameCube. And if I wanted to play the Ada Wong content for RE4, I think the Greatest Hits version of the PS2 port's still available if I really wanna look.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 2:18 am 

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

It is a sign of my age and my kids. The Wii is the first game system I've bought other than a Game Boy/DS. Of course, I'm a PC guy normally...

I don't care so much about graphics. I care about making my family happy. My wife wants Wii Fit, the kids want Rock Band. OK, daddy wants rock band a little too. And original Donkey Kong. That damn machine tortured me in my youth and I'm going to finally conquer it now that I only have to spend Wii bucks instead of quarters!

Probably I'm the odd man out both in tastes and age demographic. I can understand where you are coming from, however, my favorite games are FPS and strategy games and I've never gotten comfortable with platform controllers so I play those games on my PC (keyboard). Nintendo has foresaken the hardcore discriminating gamers and gone for the common denominator. Just as Apple discovered against the IBM PC, Lotus discovered against Microsoft, Betamax discovered against VHS (and so on), top quality does not always win. If you can learn to spot the trend early, you can become very, very rich. Note: I'm still quite poor and working on it. ;)

So. Accepting the fact the Wii sucks, which is better PS3 or X2? I've heard the PS3 is more powerful but the X2 has better games. Still true?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 11:29 am 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
I had to use Jesus in my agree *because everyone loves Jesus, including me*

I don't.
And from all the footage of 9/11 that I watched in 2001 I only remember one comment (from some guy in a bar who was watching TV there): "Everyone who doesn't love Jesus should be shot!"
I'm going straight to hell. :lol:

Gojira wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
Jesus would love all dubs equally :lol:

The real Jesus would, but not Raptor Jesus.

"Hey, you talkin' to me? Or to my lamb?"

Apart from all the discussion... my PC gives me everything I need.
Sometimes I use my Playstation for nostalgic reasons, like twice a year for an evening or so...

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 2:34 pm 
Major Contributor

:sigh:
I guess I'm the only one who really likes the Wii. Oh well, more for me then. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 11:18 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
:sigh:
I guess I'm the only one who really likes the Wii. Oh well, more for me then. :mrgreen:

It isn't that I dislike Wii. It's that it's a little bit like PS3: while quite a bit cheaper (I'd be able to afford it if I wanted it bad enough), there isn't a selection of games that makes it worth buying. Not Nintendo's fault. There's just nothing I'm aware of on Wii that justifies the purchase.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2008, 5:00 am 
Post Master

Gojira wrote:
the gameplay is the SOUL of the game.

I was more looking at what everybody says as a defense for the Wii (gameplay over graphics). Game content-wise and online-wise, the Wii just doesn't deliver for standard gamers. Also, no demos.

Bloodfairy wrote:
And then, Mmsven started to swear horribly.

...Because I spent money on the most disappointing system I've ever played on, for a price that has never been cut. The value just sucks ass, like paying $60 for a 2-hour game that is supposedly good.

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
...Absorbing games such as FFVII might be remade, but not produced as new games anymore. You'll only see small stars like Assassin's Creed, but that may be the swan's singing. Our era is gone, and now we have The Sims, Wii Sports and such loads of casualgaming crap as "the fantabulous games of the year".

If this is true then gaming as i know it is dead to me. I don't consider myself a game geek, but i love the HUGE RPG's with storylines that go 40+ hours or even more to beat. I still have high-hopes though with Square-Enix..as far as RPG's go they have rarely let me down. I am a huge fan of their games.

If you're both looking for some epic RPG's on home consoles, then no, you won't find many.

Bloodfairy wrote:
there is something you might already know about new generation consoles: They're not going to bring you any absorbing game anymore.

Since my gaming interests don't revolve around RPGs, I do find many games on the systems I('d) love to play. If you like a broad range of genres as I do, and still think there are no absorbing games, it means you've grown out of gaming.

PunkDaddy wrote:
So. Accepting the fact the Wii sucks, which is better PS3 or X2?

I don't have a 360, but will get one eventually (I never got an original XB so I could also get some of those games). If I did have one I still estimate I'd say the PS3 is better, for a variety of reasons. The technology behind the ps3 is just more impressive. The cell processor is built to last, and theres also bluray, bluetooth, built-in wireless online(separate wireless adaptor $100 for 360), a free online subscription, and the BC software emulator performs a lot better than the 360's.

PunkDaddy wrote:
I've heard the PS3 is more powerful but the X2 has better games. Still true?

The PS3 is more powerful in a sense. Since the 360 is based off of a microsoft O/S, it makes it much easier to optimize for the system. If developers spend a bunch of time optimizing for the ps3, utilizing the cell, it can look amazingly better (Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion). Unfortunately most games either look on-par or sometimes worse on ps3, Oblivion being the only exception I have heard of.

As for games, the 360 fanboys just use the "ps3 sucks ha sno gaems" so much that lots of people start believing it. Oh, sure, the 360 DID have more games when the ps3 first launched. The 360 got a year head start for Christ sake. Most games on the market today are multiconsole ps360, and I found an equal amount of appealing exclusives (if not more on ps3):

shgarland wrote:
It's that it's a little bit like PS3: while quite a bit cheaper (I'd be able to afford it if I wanted it bad enough), there isn't a selection of games that makes it worth buying. Not Nintendo's fault. There's just nothing I'm aware of on Wii that justifies the purchase.

What a lousy comparison. The Wii may lack developer support for more hardcore games, but the ps3 certainly doesn't. Did you do any research at all?

I have done plenty enough. I have looked at every single game for every single system rated above 7/10 on gamespot. I have watched video reviews, read summaries, watched video footage, and then looked at the IGN editor's choice columns. I would never expect you to do all that, but just scanning through a list of the highest rated games would already give you enough information.

Have you looked at any of these ps3 exclusive games?
Little Big Planet
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance
Resistance 2
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Folklore
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Motorstorm
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift