Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 6:20 am 

Weren't Supply Depots what people generally used to wall up their siege tanks anyway? Well I've seen various combinations, that had a mix of Bunkers and Supply Depots, and sometimes a Barrack just to take up space. I think I generally built a bunker first, then slapped Supply Depots in front before lopping the Siege Tanks there. I kinda depend on Bunkers to drive off Zergling rushes. I mean a lone Marine can barely take on a lone Zergling... which are bought in pairs. And z-ling rushes come fairly quick and Terran are the most susceptible to it I feel, since Marines are just about the crappiest starting unit. Without stims and medic support, they are pretty damn worthless.

But generally as a Terran, I prefer to finish it quickly with a combination of Firebats, Marines and Medics. Bats on stims with Medic support totally rape Zerglings and Zealots anyway.

I'd so take you up on the match offer, but my Starcraft is legally questionable so perhaps not after all. I've kinda deteriorated after coming back home from Australia anyway. The College over there is where we had all our LAN matches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 12:45 pm 
Post Master

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'd so take you up on the match offer, but my Starcraft is legally questionable so perhaps not after all. I've kinda deteriorated after coming back home from Australia anyway. The College over there is where we had all our LAN matches.

So is your version of Starcraft able to play over LAN? We can connect on Hamachi and play it. Bnet sucks anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 8:29 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Weren't Supply Depots what people generally used to wall up their siege tanks anyway? Well I've seen various combinations, that had a mix of Bunkers and Supply Depots, and sometimes a Barrack just to take up space. I think I generally built a bunker first, then slapped Supply Depots in front before lopping the Siege Tanks there. I kinda depend on Bunkers to drive off Zergling rushes. I mean a lone Marine can barely take on a lone Zergling... which are bought in pairs. And z-ling rushes come fairly quick and Terran are the most susceptible to it I feel, since Marines are just about the crappiest starting unit. Without stims and medic support, they are pretty damn worthless.

Well if I decide to block off I usually build supply depots and a barracks, then lift off the barracks and land it in front of the supply depots, start building bunkers and start making marines. But for zergling rushes, blocking off is kinda pointless since zerglings cannot be blocked by buildings (only by your own units). As for marines, I dunno, bunkers filled with marines is generally a more effective early defense than photon cannons but you're right, on the offensive they're kinda useless without upgrades and medics.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
But generally as a Terran, I prefer to finish it quickly with a combination of Firebats, Marines and Medics. Bats on stims with Medic support totally rape Zerglings and Zealots anyway.

Yeah but bats will get owned by goons. When I play as Protoss I never rush with Zealots, especially not against Terran. If they don't have tanks a goon rush will be devastating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:11 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
So is your version of Starcraft able to play over LAN? We can connect on Hamachi and play it. Bnet sucks anyway.

I'll see if I can do something with Hamachi I suppose. But then I live in Malaysia and you're in England, would lag be an issue? But then what the hell am I talking about, its Starcraft.

Anyway in the infantry combo, Marines do tear a hole in Dragoons. And Dragoons are so obscenely bad at killing small units.... horrible ROF coupled with half damage. Although its not as laughable as Hydralisk's performance against small units, but then the lisks come cheaper, by quite a lot. But yeah, by slapping the goons in front and having them generally get in the way, you can screw up the bat's splash damage performance. Once DTs come into play though, the infantry combo starts getting fucked over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:42 pm 
Post Master

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'll see if I can do something with Hamachi I suppose. But then I live in Malaysia and you're in England, would lag be an issue? But then what the hell am I talking about, its Starcraft.

Actually I live in Canada, but the province I live in is called British Columbia -- I don't know why. Must have something to do with the fact that the British took over North America.

Unfortunately I think I live even father away than if I was to live in England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 10:00 am 

I kinda just read the British, and totally ignored the Columbia, Canada.

Well I used to Bnet on US servers anyway. I was just wondering though, since theres no server bridging the connection and its just Hamachi, whether lag would be an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 9:05 pm 
Post Master

I'm not sure. I have only played on Hamachi with a friend that lives in my area. It plays perfectly. Bnet always has a very slow response time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Regular

The Zerg page is finally up, with details of the Hydralisk and Mutalisk units as well. :D

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/zerg/main.xml

Both units seem completely unchanged from their SC1 incarnation, although there was no mention of whether both units will retain their ability to morph into other units like the Lurker or Guardian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 6:34 am 
Regular

The Terrans have a new unit:

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terr ... marine.xml

After watching the action movie, I'm convinced that the Tauren Marines are totally imbalanced and should be removed from the game.

(Yes, I'm totally aware it's an April Fool's joke. :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 9:59 am 

The WoW April Fool's was heaps better though. Their so called new 'Bard' class. Friggin awesome.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/fe ... dclass.xml

I guess thats a bit off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 12:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

StarCraft II and WoW... it's interesting to notice that both the bards and the Tauren are said to be from Azeroth... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Starcraft II
PostPosted: May 24th, 2008, 9:53 pm 
Regular

The Zerg Baneling page is up:

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/zerg/baneling.xml

Basically, they're land-based versions of Scourge. I can't determine from the action video whether the Baneling's explosion hurts their own allies (like Siege Tank fire) or not (like the Scarabs). I'm leaning towards "not" at the moment, which would make them incredibly valuable to any Zerg assault force, assuming they aren't too pricey.

Also, in the last screenshot at the bottom of the page, you can also see an Ultralisk in the picture. Woohoo! They were always my favorite Zerg unit. :lol: There's also an unidentified Zerg land unit which could be a Lurker, though it looks a little small to be one.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 11:19 pm 
Regular

I don't know whether you guys have heard, but Blizzard is splitting up Starcraft 3 into 3 completely separate campaigns:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170602

So, depending on how you look at it, Blizzard is either taking more time to create super-awesome campaigns for each race, or they're selling us stuff that should all have been included in one game, for the price of three games. :| Either way, I have to take my hat off to Blizzard's marketing team.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 4:56 pm 

Zaxares wrote:
I don't know whether you guys have heard, but Blizzard is splitting up Starcraft 3 into 3 completely separate campaigns:

So, depending on how you look at it, Blizzard is either taking more time to create super-awesome campaigns for each race, or they're selling us stuff that should all have been included in one game, for the price of three games. :| Either way, I have to take my hat off to Blizzard's marketing team.

Well at least we are guaranteed support for the franchise for roughly a decade. That's about how long it has been since they last supported it, eh? A decade on, a decade off. Hmm. That means I'll be 60 when Starcraft III comes out. Maybe I'll finally have enough time to play!! :D

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 5:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Zaxares wrote:

What the Hell is up with that?!? You would've think that they'll include all of campaigns in one game, but instead they're splitting it into three games. That's kinda greedy there, but still I wanna get this game because I like Starcraft and I own with the Zerg. :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next