Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 1:50 am


All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 6:20 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: March 15th, 2007, 11:57 pm
Posts: 755
Weren't Supply Depots what people generally used to wall up their siege tanks anyway? Well I've seen various combinations, that had a mix of Bunkers and Supply Depots, and sometimes a Barrack just to take up space. I think I generally built a bunker first, then slapped Supply Depots in front before lopping the Siege Tanks there. I kinda depend on Bunkers to drive off Zergling rushes. I mean a lone Marine can barely take on a lone Zergling... which are bought in pairs. And z-ling rushes come fairly quick and Terran are the most susceptible to it I feel, since Marines are just about the crappiest starting unit. Without stims and medic support, they are pretty damn worthless.

But generally as a Terran, I prefer to finish it quickly with a combination of Firebats, Marines and Medics. Bats on stims with Medic support totally rape Zerglings and Zealots anyway.

I'd so take you up on the match offer, but my Starcraft is legally questionable so perhaps not after all. I've kinda deteriorated after coming back home from Australia anyway. The College over there is where we had all our LAN matches.

_________________
Image
http://depleted.wordpress.com/
The contents of a deranged mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 12:45 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'd so take you up on the match offer, but my Starcraft is legally questionable so perhaps not after all. I've kinda deteriorated after coming back home from Australia anyway. The College over there is where we had all our LAN matches.

So is your version of Starcraft able to play over LAN? We can connect on Hamachi and play it. Bnet sucks anyway.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 8:29 pm 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Austin, Texas
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Weren't Supply Depots what people generally used to wall up their siege tanks anyway? Well I've seen various combinations, that had a mix of Bunkers and Supply Depots, and sometimes a Barrack just to take up space. I think I generally built a bunker first, then slapped Supply Depots in front before lopping the Siege Tanks there. I kinda depend on Bunkers to drive off Zergling rushes. I mean a lone Marine can barely take on a lone Zergling... which are bought in pairs. And z-ling rushes come fairly quick and Terran are the most susceptible to it I feel, since Marines are just about the crappiest starting unit. Without stims and medic support, they are pretty damn worthless.


Well if I decide to block off I usually build supply depots and a barracks, then lift off the barracks and land it in front of the supply depots, start building bunkers and start making marines. But for zergling rushes, blocking off is kinda pointless since zerglings cannot be blocked by buildings (only by your own units). As for marines, I dunno, bunkers filled with marines is generally a more effective early defense than photon cannons but you're right, on the offensive they're kinda useless without upgrades and medics.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
But generally as a Terran, I prefer to finish it quickly with a combination of Firebats, Marines and Medics. Bats on stims with Medic support totally rape Zerglings and Zealots anyway.


Yeah but bats will get owned by goons. When I play as Protoss I never rush with Zealots, especially not against Terran. If they don't have tanks a goon rush will be devastating.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:11 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: March 15th, 2007, 11:57 pm
Posts: 755
Mmsven wrote:
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'd so take you up on the match offer, but my Starcraft is legally questionable so perhaps not after all. I've kinda deteriorated after coming back home from Australia anyway. The College over there is where we had all our LAN matches.
So is your version of Starcraft able to play over LAN? We can connect on Hamachi and play it. Bnet sucks anyway.

I'll see if I can do something with Hamachi I suppose. But then I live in Malaysia and you're in England, would lag be an issue? But then what the hell am I talking about, its Starcraft.

Anyway in the infantry combo, Marines do tear a hole in Dragoons. And Dragoons are so obscenely bad at killing small units.... horrible ROF coupled with half damage. Although its not as laughable as Hydralisk's performance against small units, but then the lisks come cheaper, by quite a lot. But yeah, by slapping the goons in front and having them generally get in the way, you can screw up the bat's splash damage performance. Once DTs come into play though, the infantry combo starts getting fucked over.

_________________
Image
http://depleted.wordpress.com/
The contents of a deranged mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:42 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'll see if I can do something with Hamachi I suppose. But then I live in Malaysia and you're in England, would lag be an issue? But then what the hell am I talking about, its Starcraft.

Actually I live in Canada, but the province I live in is called British Columbia -- I don't know why. Must have something to do with the fact that the British took over North America.

Unfortunately I think I live even father away than if I was to live in England.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 10:00 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: March 15th, 2007, 11:57 pm
Posts: 755
I kinda just read the British, and totally ignored the Columbia, Canada.

Well I used to Bnet on US servers anyway. I was just wondering though, since theres no server bridging the connection and its just Hamachi, whether lag would be an issue.

_________________
Image
http://depleted.wordpress.com/
The contents of a deranged mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 9:05 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
I'm not sure. I have only played on Hamachi with a friend that lives in my area. It plays perfectly. Bnet always has a very slow response time.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
The Zerg page is finally up, with details of the Hydralisk and Mutalisk units as well. :D

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/zerg/main.xml

Both units seem completely unchanged from their SC1 incarnation, although there was no mention of whether both units will retain their ability to morph into other units like the Lurker or Guardian.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 6:34 am 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
The Terrans have a new unit:

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terr ... marine.xml

After watching the action movie, I'm convinced that the Tauren Marines are totally imbalanced and should be removed from the game.











(Yes, I'm totally aware it's an April Fool's joke. :P)

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 9:59 am 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: March 15th, 2007, 11:57 pm
Posts: 755
The WoW April Fool's was heaps better though. Their so called new 'Bard' class. Friggin awesome.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/fe ... dclass.xml

I guess thats a bit off topic.

_________________
Image
http://depleted.wordpress.com/
The contents of a deranged mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 12:10 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
StarCraft II and WoW... it's interesting to notice that both the bards and the Tauren are said to be from Azeroth... :lol:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starcraft II
PostPosted: May 24th, 2008, 9:53 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
The Zerg Baneling page is up:

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/zerg/baneling.xml

Basically, they're land-based versions of Scourge. I can't determine from the action video whether the Baneling's explosion hurts their own allies (like Siege Tank fire) or not (like the Scarabs). I'm leaning towards "not" at the moment, which would make them incredibly valuable to any Zerg assault force, assuming they aren't too pricey.

Also, in the last screenshot at the bottom of the page, you can also see an Ultralisk in the picture. Woohoo! They were always my favorite Zerg unit. :lol: There's also an unidentified Zerg land unit which could be a Lurker, though it looks a little small to be one.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starcraft II
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 11:19 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
I don't know whether you guys have heard, but Blizzard is splitting up Starcraft 3 into 3 completely separate campaigns:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170602

So, depending on how you look at it, Blizzard is either taking more time to create super-awesome campaigns for each race, or they're selling us stuff that should all have been included in one game, for the price of three games. :| Either way, I have to take my hat off to Blizzard's marketing team.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starcraft II
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 4:56 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: May 26th, 2008, 12:53 am
Posts: 283
Location: SoCal
Zaxares wrote:
I don't know whether you guys have heard, but Blizzard is splitting up Starcraft 3 into 3 completely separate campaigns:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170602

So, depending on how you look at it, Blizzard is either taking more time to create super-awesome campaigns for each race, or they're selling us stuff that should all have been included in one game, for the price of three games. :| Either way, I have to take my hat off to Blizzard's marketing team.


Well at least we are guaranteed support for the franchise for roughly a decade. That's about how long it has been since they last supported it, eh? A decade on, a decade off. Hmm. That means I'll be 60 when Starcraft III comes out. Maybe I'll finally have enough time to play!! :D

_________________
= = = PunkDaddy - Beatin' the Brats for over 10 years! = = =
aiAnimals-Puppy Puzzler

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Starcraft II
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 5:09 pm 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Zaxares wrote:
I don't know whether you guys have heard, but Blizzard is splitting up Starcraft 3 into 3 completely separate campaigns:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170602

So, depending on how you look at it, Blizzard is either taking more time to create super-awesome campaigns for each race, or they're selling us stuff that should all have been included in one game, for the price of three games. :| Either way, I have to take my hat off to Blizzard's marketing team.

What the Hell is up with that?!? You would've think that they'll include all of campaigns in one game, but instead they're splitting it into three games. That's kinda greedy there, but still I wanna get this game because I like Starcraft and I own with the Zerg. :twisted:

_________________
Image
Sailor Senshi and Gamera are a great mix together. :3


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group