Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fullmetal Alchemist
PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 2:26 pm 

We really needed a FMA thread so I figured I would create one.

Here is the Animetric Review: http://animetric.com/def2/fullmetal_alchemist.html

Ok, I love this series. It is one of the best series I have ever watched.

Now with that said, what is the deal with the FMA Movie. I was fine with the ending of series. Truthfully, I wanted Ed to stay in the same universe as Al but I could deal with that. After all, I am a sucker for happy endings that are not one hundred percent happy. So all I wanted to see in the movie was for Ed to get back home with Al and friends.

Things I liked about the movie was the characters. Was very neat to see how Al turned out and everything. And to see what happened to Gluttony and Wrath. So the movie did tie up loose ends but the ending turned me off.

Things I did not like about the movie, the villain story is so freaking weak it is unbelievable. And what the heck with the ending! Al could have transmuted some of his soul to the suit, Ed could have turned around and gone back through the portal, and the suit Al could have sealed it from there. I know the suit Al probably couldn't use Alchemy and Alchemy doesn't would on that side, but still! They could have made up some explanation to make it all work!

Now, I have read a large part of the manga and now I am ready to go back and finish it. Hopefully I will enjoy the manga ending, or should I say final ending better.

Post subject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist
PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 3:55 pm 
Post Master

I am just wondering how the hell the second series is going to work. Saying that they will start half-way through the first season sounds unrealistic.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 4:01 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
I am just wondering how the hell the second series is going to work. Saying that they will start half-way through the first season sounds unrealistic.

Same here, I have heard rumors. But have they officially released details yet?

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 4:36 pm 
Post Master

zero_chaos wrote:
Same here, I have heard rumors. But have they officially released details yet?

I haven't been keeping up with the news lately.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 10:43 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I believe they are redoing it from the start of the manga because even the first season of FMA was filled with filler episodes. Or so I have heard anyway, since I never read the manga. They can probably pull off a full restart since the series is so popular.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 11:23 pm 

I doubt that starting from the beginning is even possible given that the manga is what 20 (?) volumes long now with now end in sight. I feel an entire redo is unnessecary as I liked the second season. Though I have to agree that the botched the movie completely. Though that is possibly because most of the suplots have only just began to be wrapped up. Like that Winnery and Ed are going to end up together, if they survive. Or what is most likely happening to Al's body. Or the full dinamic between Mustang and Hawkeye. Stuff like that.

Still if they did decide to redo the entire series, I'd watch it. :roll: 8) :lol:

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 11:25 pm 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
I believe they are redoing it from the start of the manga because even the first season of FMA was filled with filler episodes. Or so I have heard anyway, since I never read the manga. They can probably pull off a full restart since the series is so popular.

They could call it Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate. It already interests me, since that way I would have no reason to read the manga unless the new series turns out to be a disaster.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2008, 12:38 am 

Mmsven wrote:
that way I would have no reason to read the manga unless the new series turns out to be a disaster.

I recommend the manga. Years ago I thought manga was just boring compared to its anime counterpart. But manga like FMA changed my mind completely. Really, its truly one of the best mangas in my opinion.