Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Evangelion Unit 00 vs XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
PostPosted: June 27th, 2008, 11:23 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Here's a test match just to see how it goes.

Evangelion Unit 00 vs XXXG-01W Wing Gundam

Info about the fighters

Eva Unit 00
http://www.absoluteanime.com/neon_genes ... nit_00.htm

XXXG-01 Wing Gundam
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/XXXG-01W_Wing_Gundam

Changes:
Both are scaled down to the same size, let's say 100ft.

I think Wing Gundam would win because the weapons that he's equipped with do a lot more damage and the Eva Unit 00 wouldn't be able to withstand for long.

Post subject: Re: How about adding a Fantasy Fights Topic?
PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 1:09 am 

Gojira wrote:
Here's a test match just to see how it goes.

Evangelion Unit 00 vs XXXG-01W Wing Gundam

Info about the fighters

Eva Unit 00
http://www.absoluteanime.com/neon_genes ... nit_00.htm

XXXG-01 Wing Gundam
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/XXXG-01W_Wing_Gundam

Changes:
Both are scaled down to the same size, let's say 100ft.

I think Wing Gundam would win because the weapons that he's equipped with do a lot more damage and the Eva Unit 00 wouldn't be able to withstand for long.

Wing Gundam might be able to do a lot more damage; however, Wing Gundam is also very bulky. Eva Unit 00 is very flexible and fast.

Post subject: Re: Evangelion Unit 00 vs XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 10:05 am 
Regular

I'd say it depends on one crucial factor... Does Unit 00 still have to rely on a giant electric cord for power supply? If it does, then the Gundam wins; no contest. It just has to stay out of range and keep blasting Unit 00 with its weapons.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 5:54 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
What if unit 00 went berserk and the "soul" took over so it no longer needed any sort of power cord.

Even so, it still doesn't have any real weapon, other than a knife. And who bring a knife to a gun fight anyway? Are we assuming that unit 00 is equally outfitted with projectile weapons, even though they will probably not be as technologically advanced as Wing's Gundam is.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 10:54 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
What if unit 00 went berserk and the "soul" took over so it no longer needed any sort of power cord.

Even so, it still doesn't have any real weapon, other than a knife. And who bring a knife to a gun fight anyway? Are we assuming that unit 00 is equally outfitted with projectile weapons, even though they will probably not be as technologically advanced as Wing's Gundam is.

I am assumint unit 00 does NOT have projectile weapons. I still think Eva unit 00 would have a fighting chance against Wing Gundam just due to speed and flexibility. Also i think the knife they use would cause a decent amount of damage on Wing Gundam.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 9:07 am 

I think I remember a discussion about something like this from the original forum.

Unit 00 would wipe the floor with the Wing Gundam. The Wing Gundam may have superior standard armaments but they would have no effect whatsoever against Unit 00's AT Field. The only chance for the Wing Gundam is if Unit 00's umbilical cord is severed but even then I'm pretty confident that with its strength, speed and manueverability Unit 00 could overpower the Wing Gundam within a minute.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 9:40 pm 
Major Contributor

Manic wrote:
Unit 00 would wipe the floor with the Wing Gundam. The Wing Gundam may have superior standard armaments but they would have no effect whatsoever against Unit 00's AT Field. The only chance for the Wing Gundam is if Unit 00's umbilical cord is severed but even then I'm pretty confident that with its strength, speed and manueverability Unit 00 could overpower the Wing Gundam within a minute.

Well I'm not certain that an AT field can protect against beam weapons (i.e. beam sabers), not to mention the Wing Gundam's Buster rifle. Yes supposedly only another AT field can penetrate an AT field but that was only based on the level of technology in the Eva universe, so this isn't necessarily applicable to the Gundam Wing Universe, which is far more advanced. Really a better comparison would be the Wing Zero vs. Unit 00 since Wing Zero has the Twin Buster Rifle as well as the Zero system. Longevity wise, the fusion reactor that powers a Gundam gives it an advantage over the Eva (assuming it's reliant on the umbilical cord). Another factor is the Gundanium alloy, which has proven to be quite resistant to conventional projectile weapons as well as explosives, though how resilient it would be against a progressive knife is questionable.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 3:19 am 
Regular

The old Wing Gundam vs an Eva fight eh?

All right, there's a few factors that need to be considered.

1. Wing Gundam can fly and is more mobile- Unit 0 would have a hard time hitting the Gundam if Hiro was orbitting the Earth or jetting around inside a city using skyscrapers for cover.

2. Unit 00 dwarfs Wing Gundam- I don't care how tough Gundanium is, Wing Gundam would feel 12000 tons (or more, it's been a while since I watched Evangelion) of armor plating (and who knows how much weight in muscle) smashing into it. Not too mention, only the beam saber might have a shot at piercing the armor and killing the pilot inside. Anyother weapon (not including regular guns, which would be worthless) would only succeed in damaging the armor.

3. Lance of Longinus- If Rei used this, Wing Gundam would lose the fight. Even if the Spear missed by a mile (literally) or the Wing Gundam survived the attack, Hiro would be reduced to orange goo as his AT field would be destroyed. If Rei was not allowed to use this, then it would only be fair if Hiro had to drop his trump as well.

4. The Absolute terror Field- Honestly, not a weapon unless it was spread as Wing Zero (Let's step it up a bit) jumped in. The field is virtually impeneratable unless an equally strong AT field is spread, but can be pierced by:

1: The Extension knife (Whatever the hell it's called...it's been a long time since I watched Eva). The weapon Vibrates at a frequency that sometimes allows it to break through a field.

2: A hell of a lot of N2 Mines or nukes: Sometimes it only took a couple to damage an angel, but the angel may not have had its field up. One Angel (12th) was going to have 200 dropped on it. Imagine an N2 like an atom bomb without the fallout.

3: A Lance of Longinus (real or copy): Wing Zero wouldn't get it, so there's no point in going into it.

Beam weapons could be stopped as the AT field is will, not an artificial shielding. Still, the saber and the twin buster rifle might have a shot (the saber would likely run out of juice though, even if it did pierce the field).

4. Tokyo-3: The city was desgined for Eva fights and Rei could utilize the various shields, weapon and ammo depots, and guns (using them for smokescreens) that are scattered around the city. There's also multiple power chords to provide energy in case Rei's initial chord was cut. Of course, if Hiro fought from the air, the city wouldn't matter.

Honestly, it all comes down to how the fight occured. If Hiro got the drop on Rei and blasted her with both shots from the twin buster rifle before she could raise an AT field, then Rei would be done for, or at least wounded, and most likely dependent on Tokyo-3's inadequate defenses or backup to prevent her death. However, if Rei had the Lance of Longinus, then Hiro would lose (even if he fired, the Lance would merely split the beam). If Rei had her AT field up, she might be able to take both shots in stride and blast at Hiro till he came down. On the ground, Rei would have the clear advantage, unless Hiro was able to sneak behind her and destroy her pod with one hit of his saber (which might not be possible if Rei managed to keep her field up).

Of course, either Pilot might kamikaze the other, so who knows what would be the result...

I'd need to watch Gundam Wing to get Wing Gundam and Wing Zero's specs.

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2008, 3:26 pm 
Major Contributor

Well one of the conditions is that size is not a factor, as mentioned by the OP. However, even if it was, as we've seen in Gundam Seed, size isn't necessarily an advantage; it's power that matters, not size. As for an AT field blocking beam weapons, as much as people want to think of an AT as some sort of metaphysical barrier (i.e. every living thing has an AT field and all that, etc), for all intents and purposes we have to assume it's simply some sort of advanced shield (otherwise there would be no way to compare it to a Gundam). And as far as we've seen, it remains uncertain if an AT field can block beam weapons or high-powered energy weapons (too bad Wing Zero or Wing Gundam isn't equipped with any positron cannons) but considering that the beam and energy weapons used in Gundam Wing are far more advanced than anything used in the Eva universe, it's not far-fetched to say that a beam saber or perhaps a buster rifle would be able to to penetrate an AT field.

One thing to take into consideration is that the Twin Buster rifle is ridiculously overpowered in Gundam Wing. I mean we've seen it take out an entire space colony with one blast. Also we've seen that a beam saber connected to a dedicated power source (i.e. on the Epyon) can be pretty overpowered as well such as when Zech destroyed Fortress Barge with just one slash of his extra-large beam saber.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 am 

Since it isn't certain that an AT Field would be able to block high powered energy attacks, it also cannot be definitively said that energy weapons are able to be penetrate them, even if they are more advanced.

Based on the assumption that an AT Field is only an advanced shield or force field, I agree that something as absurdly overpowered as the twin buster rifle would have an excellent chance of breaking through. Unfortunately we are only talking about the Wing Gundam and not Wing Zero, and the regular buster rifle is nowhere near as strong. Considering that the Vayeate's beam cannon which is almost as powerful as the buster rifle is unable to breach the planet defensor energy shield of the Mercurius, I can't see the buster rifle breaking through an AT Field and I refuse to believe an AT Field is weaker than the planet defensor shield. As for beam sabers, I don't think they have the energy output required to pass through an AT Field, especially the standard ones the Wing Gundam is equipped with. Even Epyon's beam saber (or buster sword as I like to think of it) would have next to no chance despite its capabilities. Besides, if the Gundam is using a beam saber it means it has gotten close to Unit 00. Unit 00 would definitely have the advantage in close quarter melee combat.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 12:35 am 

Is there any really question here? Wing Gundom would win, why? Because unit 00 must have an outside energy source to remain active. After disconect it can only run for what 3 minutes (sorry I have not watch EVA in a few years). If Hero was a the pilot I cannot believe he would see that disadvantage and use it. First using Wing Gundam's superior manverably, i.e. it can fly. To cut the power to unit 00 then simple keep its distance while hitting unit 00 from a distand as obviously our modern long distance weapons really can't hurt a gundam. Once the three minutes were over one fully charge buster cannon would finish the job.

A drawn out battle but how I would see it going down base upon the pilots. Rie ,piloit of unit 00, is an emmo brat with no ability to form cohesive combat strategy beyond self sacrifice while Hero, pilot of wing gundam, most of the time, was trained since childhood as a soldier. Both unit 00 and wign gundam are merely weapons and like all weapons their leathality are based on the user.

Now make the pilots equal and make it so that modern weapons could harm a gundam, then unit 00 would kick wing gunam's metalic butt. On the ground it is far more manuverable with a superior command imput system allowing for faster and better control of the unit, both would make unit 00 a better weapon. And before it is even braught up, Epon or Wing 0 would kick unit 00's synthetic flesh butt with minium effort. Again cut the power, or lure the not really all that bright Rie into a trap.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2008, 4:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Rie ,piloit of unit 00, is an emmo brat with no ability to form cohesive combat strategy

Being "emo" preconditions a feeling of melancholy, doesn't it, which comes from a complex reflection of the world in relation to one's own experiences. Rei (at least II and above) doesn't have many experiences due to her short conscious lifespan to ponder, and I'm not sure whether any emotions beyond simple "like" versus "dislike" apply to Rei.
And a "brat" is "a very troublesome kid", which definitely does not apply to Rei. She's about as troublesome as a microwave oven.
What she does lack imho is initiative. She needs an astute commander in order to be effective.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 11:26 pm 

True, to be honest I got Shinji's machine and Rie's mixed up and was trying to save my post without having to rewrite the enitre thing.

That said, Rie's introverted and to be honest has no real personality or iniative (sorry misspell) until much later in the series. The up against Hiro whom lives and breathes war and conflict, well need I say more.