Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This place need general discussion section...
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 9:52 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I have plenty non-anime things to talk about but I don't found the general discussion section.I hope this place will make one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 12:01 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Done, along with some rearranging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 9:27 am 

Hmmm.. I was actually happy that this place didn't have a General Discussion. When a forum has a General Discussion, people get all touchy-feely - people get to know each other, friendships are born, grudges are made etc. I don't mean to sound dour, but I'm happy in having a place to talk about anime, games, and hentai period. The atmosphere is much more lax when things are simple and people aren't touchy-feely - there's no bias, only reasoning; and reasoning gives me a reason to stay and visit. In other words, I'd like to see you people because I can grow with you, rather than just see you to see you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 2:06 pm 
Resident Admin

I hear what you are saying, which is one of the reasons why I didn't make it in the first place. But I think I will leave it alone for now and see how things go. I am more worried about people bickering and flaming than coming closer together and creating friendships. If nothing else, just don't visit that topic. I can always close it if things start getting out of control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 11:58 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I changed my mind.I agree with Dei.General discussion section is the best place make friends,and enemies too.So I think this forum just about anime,manga,movies,games and hentai only.I remember I was beaten up in old animetric forums few years ago because of it.I glad nobody start a serious discussion in that section.So far I think this forums does not need general discussion section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2007, 1:51 am 
Resident Admin

Amex_Yohko wrote:
I changed my mind.I agree with Dei.General discussion section is the best place make friends,and enemies too.So I think this forum just about anime,manga,movies,games and hentai only.I remember I was beaten up in old animetric forums few years ago because of it.I glad nobody start a serious discussion in that section.So far I think this forums does not need general discussion section.

LOL, I am just going to leave it alone for now. As I said before, I can always close it if things get out of hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2007, 9:15 am 

I've got to put my two cents in on this one.

I can understand not including a general discusion forum to keep the peace around the site. Mean we don't want people going in a tearing people's topics apart simple because they don't like them and stuff like that I really can. However i still come down on the we need a general discusion area. Yes i've only been to a few forums but I frequent a forum/guestbook that is nothing but a general discussion area and it's a load of fun and peaceful most of the time. Sure you put in a general discussion area you run the risk of ruining the forum if you get the wrong people in there but that can happen any way. But i for one think its worth the risks, yeah i've come across a few jerks but in my experience most anime watchers are pretty nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2007, 8:41 pm 
Regular

Another vote for having a General Discussion Area.

In my experience, if people want to troll/flame/pick fights, they're going to do it regardless of whether or not there's a GDA. If there isn't one, they'll simply do it in the Anime Discussion Area, Manga Discussion Area etc. Having a GDA goes a long way towards building a sense of community; it helps people get to know each other beyond simply their shared interests in anime/manga. Participation is not mandatory either. If you feel uncomfortable with sharing information about yourself outside of anime/manga, you're free not to join in any of the threads in the GDA.

Moderators just need to be aware of potential contentious topics (politics and religion are two of the biggest offenders), and be ready to close and lock threads if things get out of hand.