Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peach Girl
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 8:44 am 

I just finished watching this romantic drama, an adaptation of the manga with the same name, and I have to say I've liked it. It hasn't driven me to tears (which seems to be the main objective), but I have found it interesting, and it has allowed me to learn a bit more of Japanese ways of love.

Summarizing quickly, it's a love triangle whose protagonist is Momo Adachi, a girl who is thought to be a playgirl, such as a GangurĂ´-gal (an urban tribe which is very impopular in Japan) due to her heavy suntan and her "weird" hair color; Kazuya Toujigamori (Touji), a quiet, tough-looking, but gentle guy is one of her chasers, and Momo has been dreaming of being his couple for a long time... yet she must overcome the malign plottings of her so-called friend Sae Kashiwagi, who has a blatant inferiority complex towards Momo.
Later on, our Momo meets Kairi Okayasu, who's more of a metrosexual guy, more eager to express his feelings, but with some real trouble inside his head.

Thus, Momo has to choose between Touji and Okayasu, while she faces new challenges in her love life.

I liked the story, but it's clear that some parts of the manga must have been dramatically shrunk in order for the series to fill only 25 episodes. A bunch of things which could be important for the plot are only suggested, and I believe they'd be more developed in the manga.
The strong point of the series is the character Sae, whose inferiority complex, her desperate need for someone to love her, and her humorous changes of drawing style according to the situation (she even appears in SD style sometimes :D ) make her the most lovable character for me.

Post subject: Re: Peach Girl
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 10:16 pm 

Bloodfairy i am happy (but amazed) that you enjoyed Peach Girl. I guess i'm not a fan of drama. Peach girl was just terrible for me. I couldn't stand how Sae acted toward Momo. I really liked Touji but
Spoiler
i didn't like how he treated her when she tried telling him the truth about Sae. I also didn't like how Sae made sure no one in the entire school would tell Momo that Touji was in the hospital.

I only saw the firsr DVD and it will be my last.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 10:24 pm 

Quote:
I couldn't stand how Sae acted toward Momo.

That was one of the main plus-points for the show. What new mischief could she plan? What despicable and low idea was she devicing against Momo? Sae's a terrible girl! Thus, she moves the watcher. She makes the watcher hate her deeply, yet gives hints to understand the latent inferiority complex she has towards Momo. I think that such a deep development of a character is to be praised.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 10:28 pm 

You make a good point about Sae. I just wish they toned it down just a little. I liked the idea that they had for the anime it's just not for me.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2008, 1:56 pm 
Regular

ah, momo-chan...

i cannot remember what i wrote about this series on the old animetric forum, but i am sure that it was all good. i do not know why, but this anime also reminds me of aishiteruze baby.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 1:38 pm 

dbd_addict wrote:
ah, momo-chan...

i cannot remember what i wrote about this series on the old animetric forum, but i am sure that it was all good. i do not know why, but this anime also reminds me of aishiteruze baby.

Oh I remember that one, the little girl (I already forgot her name) was really cute.

At some point I started watching Peach Girl, but stopped after two episodes or so. It was just not really my kind of anime, but I did give it a try.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 2:44 pm 
Regular

wolfwood wrote:
Oh I remember that one, the little girl (I already forgot her name) was really cute.

At some point I started watching Peach Girl, but stopped after two episodes or so. It was just not really my kind of anime, but I did give it a try.
at least you tried! i never was into robo/fighting anime as much but i have watched quite a few and have been very impressed.

ps. i think the girl's name was Yuzu.
pps. i wish i could read that old "peach girl" thread. i cannot remember how i felt about Sae...