Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: What's Everybody Reading?
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 8:58 am 

Now then what is everbody reading? I'm reading Negima, Girl's Bravo and a few overs and I don't have the time, the space or the will to write them all me lazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 5:21 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
*To keep yourself from falling into the listing rule, you should say something about each of the titles. That way we have an idea about how well you like the title and what it is about, etc.*

Well lets see, I am currently reading Immortal Rain and Kare Kano.

Immortal Rain is a lot like Trigun, but with more of a romantic flavor to it. Rain is well, immortal, and he is only surviving as to stop a future event from happening that could destroy the world. Along the way he meets a girl that is after him for the huge bounty on his head, but soon they develop a relationship and things kinda progress from there. It does seem to be a rip off of Trigun in some ways, but its actual story is really quite good as well, even if they do have a lot of other similarities. If you liked Trigun you should probably check it out.

Kare Kano has been quite good as well, I currently have the last volume to read before I finish the series off! Its a somewhat typical shoujo title about high school romance, but has a much appreciated darker side to it as the story goes along. Not to mention the fact that I really enjoy both of the main characters and the comedy aspects that are thrown in. His and Her Circumstances is Kare Kano's anime counterpart, but the anime only went through maybe half the volumes if that :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 4:14 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Detective Conan is the longest manga I ever read so far.I also read Groove Adventure Rave and Naruto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 11:25 am 

Cool, I'm reading most of those too. Um about the ones I'm reading. Negima is Ken Akamotu's (the wirter of Love Hina) latest title and it's really good. It's about a ten year old kid that is also a wizzard and as part of his training he is assigned to be a Junior High School teacher at an all girl's school. The wirters ability in plot have advanced greatly, and he's even more pervy then before with lots more fan fair.

As for Girl's Bravo its your basic Fan Fair manga about a guy whose short and is allergic to girls dew to bulling who is then teleported to heaven okay well maybe not but a planet known as Siren that's population is 9/10 female, he manages to get back but with a girl in tow and the series goes from there. Not the best explaination but running out words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 12:06 am 

Right now reading Kimagure Orange Road cause I bought the movie and since the movie is like the ending I guess I will have the read 18 vol.s to know what happened before..

Also read Berserk upto vol.27...fav manga...and it gets better and better...dont want to ruin anything so guess I can't explain much...

Hmm...thats about it for now...also gonna read Death Note in these days since its finished....

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 2:47 pm 
Resident Admin

Fresnokila wrote:
Right now reading Kimagure Orange Road cause I bought the movie and since the movie is like the ending I guess I will have the read 18 vol.s to know what happened before..

Also read Berserk upto vol.27...fav manga...and it gets better and better...dont want to ruin anything so guess I can't explain much...

Hmm...thats about it for now...also gonna read Death Note in these days since its finished....

You could always watch the Kimagure Orange Road series, if you would rather do that than read the manga. I own it, but I haven't gotten to watch it yet so I can't tell you if its any good or not. Series Info Its OOP, but you should be able to find it on Ebay or the like. I do believe that you are supposed to watch the series before watching the end movie :wink:

Glad to see another Berserk fan, I am current up to vol. 25, or so. I was reading it with my friend, but then we went to different colleges so I haven't gotten to read anymore of it for a while now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 7:12 pm 

I read Berserk upto 27 and I'm so anxious to read more...haha...

And I will end up seeing the Kimagure series anyways I imagine...I'm one of those who watches everything...

Haven't started Death Note yet but did start Appleseed 2nd Book or something like it was called...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 8:41 pm 

Currently, I'm reading the Naruto manga, bits and pieces of the Elfen Lied manga (this is a weird weird manga) Oh, and I like to read alot of sci-fi books one i'm on currently is called... "Gods of the new age" extremely well written and makes sense if you go into it with an open mind... but if you're closed minded and extremely religious I don't suggest it.

Fres I like that sig... did you make it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 3:28 am 

Currently collecting and reading:
Hayate the Combat Butler
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Rozen Maiden

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 1:08 am 
Resident Admin

Sublyminal wrote:
Currently, I'm reading the Naruto manga, bits and pieces of the Elfen Lied manga (this is a weird weird manga) Oh, and I like to read alot of sci-fi books one i'm on currently is called... "Gods of the new age" extremely well written and makes sense if you go into it with an open mind... but if you're closed minded and extremely religious I don't suggest it.

Fres I like that sig... did you make it?

How is the Elfen Lied manga compared to the anime? Have you gotten past where the anime left off yet? I am interested in checking it out if it is anywhere near as good as the series was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 2:45 pm 

Same manga I´ve been reading for the past few year: 20th century boys, Berserk, Bleach, Beck, Pastel, One Piece, Gantz, Naruto, and some others I´m sure, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2007, 10:32 am 

I picked up Shugo no Chara, Peach-Pit's newest manga. About a 4th... or was it 5th? grader. Whatever. Who can't help but put on a facade of a character on the outside even though she doesn't want to be like that. And her mom dressing her up in goth punk clothes doesn't help. And later she gets these eggs that hatch into angels that can change her character. Or give her powers. But well I guess that falls under 'character change'. Its a bit whacked, then she joins the Illuminati of a school council who also has these character angels. And apparently some organization is after some ultimate wish giving egg that grants a wish called the Embryo.

What have I got to say? I was amused by it and its kinda whacked up so it'll be another manga I'll keep with I suppose. And I like Peach Pit's artwork. But even so, I'll never check out DearS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 7:42 am 
Newcomer

i've read air gear,fate/stay night& gamon the demolitionman

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 6:01 pm 

Just got done with Neon Genesis Evangallion: Angelic days, I have to say it was rather nice to see the characters acting and living more normally but the end felt extremely rushed and seemed that they should have taken another volume or two. In all it only ran 4 volumes so they had to gloss over the majority of the subplots in order to keep the new ones alive, also the drawing were pretty bad in general. Over all it was a good manga and a must read for EVA fans. Everbody else should propably just ignore it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:23 pm 

Finished Death Note...I enjoyed the ending...haha..though I hated to see some poeple die in the manga....still....that shinigami sure is something 8)

Also read Kimagure Road upto vol.5...not much to say about this one 'till I finish it....13 vol.s to go...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next