Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wolf's Rain
PostPosted: July 10th, 2008, 12:17 am 

A little summary I stole from a website:
Quote:
The world as we know it is long gone. Many years in the future most of Earth is a devastated wasteland. The few survivors huddle together under the protection of the few remaining domed cities that serve as an oasis from the death and destruction that awaits them outside the limits. In these troubled times, rumors and legends surface telling of the secret known by wolves, the location of Paradise. The problem lies in the fact that wolves, along with most other animals, became extinct nearly 200 years ago. Or did they? A few wolves survived the devastation. They continue to live, disguised as normal humans trying to survive in the cities, doing anything that they can to see the next day. This all changes though, as a new wolf known as Kiba arrives from the wilderness seeking the Flower Daughter, a strange child under constant guard by a group of scientists.

I watched maybe 15 of the 30 episodes back when it came on Adult Swim. After that I starting missing more and more episodes. Now I am going to try and finish it all. Starting back from the first episode so I won't miss anything good. Now on episode 5 and its just as good as I remember it. I love the animation, its just so amazing. So what are your thoughts about this show?

Post subject: Re: Wolf's Rain
PostPosted: July 10th, 2008, 6:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Thank you! :wink:

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 12:38 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
zero_chaos wrote:
I watched maybe 15 of the 30 episodes back when it came on Adult Swim. After that I starting missing more and more episodes. Now I am going to try and finish it all. Starting back from the first episode so I won't miss anything good. Now on episode 5 and its just as good as I remember it. I love the animation, its just so amazing. So what are your thoughts about this show?

I'm a huge fan of Wolf's Rain. It's one of the few series I have at the 5 star level. The combination of elements was just so good! The actual story is engrossing, with a group of outcast wolves under the guise of human bodies trying to find their way to somewhere they will really belong. It has a wonderful cast of supporting characters, with the detective and his ex wife and the added dynamic of their relationship. The drunk who is trying to kill all the wolves for a reason buried in his past. It's much more of an adult story than you typically find with anime series, whose usual focus is on 13 year olds. The technical aspects are superb, and not only the gripping and moving score by Yoko Kanno (My fav.) but the animation just pulls it all together. The only thing I really wasn't so stoked on is how the 4 part OVA at ended the series. I almost would have rather they didn't continue it after the earthquake problems they had (Which is why there are 4 episodes of recaps) and just left it with the rather ambiguous ending that the series had at episode 26. The others, while great, are just so depressing.

And Darcia* is just a beast. He may have been my favorite character in the series. Man knew what was up, and just dominated the screen when he was present. I couldn't wait for him to come back, even though he typically wasn't the nicest guy to the main 4 characters.

Finishing the series is definitely a good move. It's truly one of the best series I have had the pleasure of watching. And I hope you enjoy the rest of it as much as you did the first half.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 12:18 am 

Here Here, all praise Wolf's Rain! :bow: :clap: :clap:

It is one of the greatest anime of all time!

I loved the series, especially the philosophy hidden under it all. Plus the music, I love the music. The thing I liked most was that the chacters were something beyond what teenagers could understand, or rather they were more mature then a bunch of whinny brats hitting puperty.

Stiil I have to say when I first watched it threw the ending made me sad. So sad that I just couldn't watch it for a few years. Then I rewatched it just two months ago. I have to say now that I'm older I have to say I understood it and actually like it. Though I would have liked more closure.