Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 10th, 2017, 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 8:01 pm 
Post Master

Hey now, writing to the best of your ability is part of animetrics rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 8:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Hey now, writing to the best of your ability is part of animetrics rules.

So you've already given up on The Adict? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2008, 1:28 am 
Newcomer

lol thanks for the help 42317 but Its ok, I am a Junior in College so I should be able to type well, somtimes i just get carried away... :roll: And its cool Mmsven I can take some constructive criticism, and I have started proof reading my posts becasue of your advice... so no harm no foul :)

Post subject: Re: Death Note
PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 9:54 pm 

Lol yah this is a little late..i just got Death Note 1 DVD this week. I actually love it - i love the whole idea of it, the Shinigami though looks more like some weird clown then a god of death though. I don't find the VA's to be that bad and i just think the whole thing is rather creative and new, compared to how many animes are based off of magical girls and brave swordsmans..gundams...priests that don't act like priests..and samurai. I give it 4 stars.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2008, 11:45 pm 

Ok i got a question on Death Note..i am on Volume 2 but what is the significance of the red apples? Is there anything special about them?

PostPosted: June 20th, 2008, 12:18 am 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Ok i got a question on Death Note..i am on Volume 2 but what is the significance of the red apples? Is there anything special about them?

I'm up to 3, and I haven't seen any other than how the Shinigami Light's death note belonged to happens to love apples. I know that 4 is out also, but I haven't been able to go pick it up yet...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2008, 3:57 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

I think it's just one of those things. Like how Goku in Saiyuki loved meat buns and was always craving/eating them. But it really isn't anything else than something of importance at all. (This is only from my limited knowledge up to episode 11, where I have still not gotten passed since starting this thread :? ) But I would imagine this holds true for the rest of the series, I can't see it really having any real importance.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2008, 10:47 am 

Ok i just figured it would have some sort of symbolism or importance just due to how the show is with every little thing leading up to something much bigger, but that works too.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 3:00 pm 

Well I finished this series(episode 37 I think it was) today. I absolutely loved the first part of this series. The point in the series where things went down a bit was when Near was introduced. Now I like Near, but just not as much as L.

The ending episode was good, I just kinda wished it ended differently. I am kind of sad to see it all end too.

Spoilers!!!

I wished we could have seen what happened to everyone like Near and the others after Light died.

I liked Light believe it or not. He had his flaws but I will admit if I was given a Death Note I too would probably use it to get rid of bad people. That said, I knew he would get caught and but I still didn't want him too.

I really wish the Shinigami had more to do with the second half of the series. I mean after Light and L "team" up, the Shinigami are phased out more and more til we don't see Ryuk til the last episode.

End Spoilers!!!

PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 6:59 pm 

I'm on DVD 3 and so far the only thing i dislike about Death Note is the story of the Shinigami falling inlove with the girl Misa. I didn't think it was really needed.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 10:57 pm 

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I'm on DVD 3 and so far the only thing i dislike about Death Note is the story of the Shinigami falling inlove with the girl Misa. I didn't think it was really needed.

It all works out pretty well. There were a few things like that, that I did not like in the beginning but worked out well in the long run.

Wow, I still am a little sad that its over.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2008, 8:38 pm 

Ok i'm a little further in Death Note but now I have another question.

SPOILER
(DVD 4) Misa gave up her death note thereby her memories and her shinigami eyes are gone. She gave up half her life span for the shinigami eyes, so does she get her life span back when she relinqueshes the death note and gets her memory erased?

I apologize i forgot to warn of spoilers. I didn't mean to ruin anything for anyone who has not seen DVD 4 yet.

Last edited by PrfsrSnapesAngel on July 3rd, 2008, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2008, 11:40 pm 
Major Contributor

I, having not seen volume 4 (or the episodes on that volume) yet, will pretend I haven't read that...
:cry:

If I ever do that, would someone kindly call me on it, so I remember to yellow or spoil tag it...?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2008, 1:21 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
shgarland wrote:
If I ever do that, would someone kindly call me on it, so I remember to yellow or spoil tag it...?

If you do I'm sure you'll be flammed like 42317 was with his infamous Jin-Roh ending revel :lol: People can be rather, not so kind, when it comes to spoilers :(

I think PrfsrSnapesAngel will remember to keep certain things hidden from here on, as forgetting to do it is a good "forum lesson" :mrgreen:. Thankfully you took the kind approach shgarland 8)

PostPosted: July 4th, 2008, 10:16 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
If you do I'm sure you'll be flammed like 42317 was with his infamous Jin-Roh ending revel :lol: People can be rather, not so kind, when it comes to spoilers :(

I think PrfsrSnapesAngel will remember to keep certain things hidden from here on, as forgetting to do it is a good "forum lesson" :mrgreen:. Thankfully you took the kind approach shgarland 8)

Wasn't any need to handle it any other way. I'm just approaching Death Note the way I did Ghost in the Shell: SAC; waiting for the DVD volumes to turn up, rather than watching it on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. What I've seen is through volume 3 (which is the last of the first 12 episodes or so, as I recall), and I mean to get the 4th next. I know it's out, I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next