Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Samurai 7 great buy
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 10:53 pm 

If your looking to buy Samurai 7 cheap i would go to either Suncoast.com where the USED DVD's are 7.99 or you can go to RightStuf.com and it's 8.99 there. Great buy for a great anime :)

Post subject: Re: Samurai 7 great buy
PostPosted: June 8th, 2008, 2:59 pm 
Major Contributor

There's still a suncoast.com? I thought that chain was mostly dead.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2008, 4:55 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Even though the B&M store end of it seems to be dying, they may have decided to keep the website going since it has such a low overhead. Rather than just letting the whole franchise die. Their non-special prices were always way too high for me to even buy anything from them. Them and FYE.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2008, 5:56 pm 

lol actually where i am at we still have a suncoast store :) I live close to the Joliet shopping district in Illinois and everytime i go in the mall they have their suncoast and i shop there for my anime cuz the prices actually dropped in there. I can find better prices there then their sibling franchise FYE.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2008, 6:44 pm 
Resident Admin

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
lol actually where i am at we still have a suncoast store :) I live close to the Joliet shopping district in Illinois and everytime i go in the mall they have their suncoast and i shop there for my anime cuz the prices actually dropped in there. I can find better prices there then their sibling franchise FYE.

Well that is certainly good to hear. FYE charged, or still charges, basically MSRP on anime unless they have a special of some sort. And paying MSRP is not something I like to do :mrgreen: I don't really know at the moment since I stopped even bothering going there to look.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2008, 7:36 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

Well that is certainly good to hear. FYE charged, or still charges, basically MSRP on anime unless they have a special of some sort. And paying MSRP is not something I like to do :mrgreen: I don't really know at the moment since I stopped even bothering going there to look.

Since i have an FYE closer to me then suncoast i go there to look at their USED dvd's :) the USED anime is a lot better priced lol and if i'm out shopping then i go to suncoast..but i mostly use online. I find better deals online and i'm suprised (since how gas is) that shipping is actually still reasonable.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 1:02 am 
Resident Admin

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Since i have an FYE closer to me then suncoast i go there to look at their USED dvd's :) the USED anime is a lot better priced lol and if i'm out shopping then i go to suncoast..but i mostly use online. I find better deals online and i'm suprised (since how gas is) that shipping is actually still reasonable.

I have this thing about buying stuff used, I don't really like to do it :D But I could certainly see buying anime used as a great way to reduce the price you have to pay. But like you, I do almost all my shopping online (And yes, it is amazing shipping prices haven't really gone up too much yet) and over the years have been able to get an average DVD cost of about $7.80, so shopping almost exclusively online has worked out pretty well in keeping costs down. That's including a lot of box sets and such though. I didn't achieve that buying all individuals :wink: Now that would have been really impressive!

PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 1:10 am 

lol see i have a bad habit of doing the math in my head..i look at the price i can find for the individual (cheapest of corse) and compare it to how much the entire box set cost..like Box Set for Samurai 7 is $80..if i buy all individual used on Suncoast they are around 7.99 or so USED x 7 is about $55 and plus if i buy them all in groups thats $3.00 shipping and handling.....i'm sure u see my point by now lol. Plus the only reason i buy used is becuz they have the guarentee if they don't work then i just can drive to my lil fye after classes and return it there.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 4:20 am 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

I think it was the last time I was in to Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa (or maybe the time before...) that I saw both the Suncoast and the FYE I had access to had closed. Don't miss FYE because I came to hate buying music from the mall. Suncoast, however, carried hentai animation. So did FYE, I think, but I preferred buying from Suncoast. Kinda means no easy access to hentai if I wanna go to the store to buy it and take it home. Not so worried about anime in general though, as I can go into Best Buy to get it. Might reconsider buying hentai online, though. Stopped because of how long it took to get Mystery of the Necronomicon once I'd ordered it...

Last edited by shgarland on June 9th, 2008, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 9:31 am 

Yah both Suncoast and FYE in my area carry Hentai but i prefer to buy it online :oops: i kind of get a lil embarrased buying it in the mall lol *blush*